Poll: barb or monk?

Thread: barb or monk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Sunwoko or whatever that build for monk is called...seems hard to get all items for it...just some to think about.
    I recently bought the expansion, got like 20-25 hours in my monk and already have the full Sunwoko set bonus + mantras set bonus (with ring) and the Daibo for reduced cost and + damage on wave of light (only 3,2k dps though), and I've salvaged quite a few additional pieces. Done grift 36, but I haven't really focused much on grifts yet. 36 was hard survival wise, but I finished it with plenty of time left on my first and only attempt. Try not to get above 30-33, as those are pretty easy and fast.

Luck varies of course, but I don't think 20-25 hours in much when we're talking about Diablo

While I agree that monk and barb can both speed clear rifts. From experience I can clear faster on my barb than my monk on equal levels of gear. (Raekors)

In the end though, try both and play the one you enjoy most. Leveling is almost too easy now.

Monk, 52 Hours on my Monk and already on the leader boards for GR 46. So simple, though for group play at high end rifts they are rarely used. mostly Just DH, DH, Crusader, WD

Monk Gundgo makes us OP all day long

why not both meele ftw

Quote Originally Posted by Apollose56 View Post
    While I agree that monk and barb can both speed clear rifts. From experience I can clear faster on my barb than my monk on equal levels of gear. (Raekors)

In the end though, try both and play the one you enjoy most. Leveling is almost too easy now.
    in t6 sure. barbs are the fastest for clearing. but when u head into grifts at 38+ monk reigns superior. barbs cant deal enough 1v1 damage to the RG to kill it fast. dont get me wrong barbs are still in a decent spot right now, esp in rankings but most u see clearing 43-50 grifts are just pylon finders, furious charge does terrible dmg 1v1 and it doesnt reset fast enough. they can clear trash fine but at the RG its iffy.

monks on the other hand with the right build can use EP to blow up everything, including the RG with some well placed mobs

and how are monks hard to gear? they only require 3 pieces of sunwuko to do t6 competently where a barb requires 5 raekors.

Looking forward for the patch. They will probably tweak it, but atm ww barb is insane again. Some 55gr clears.

Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    in t6 sure. barbs are the fastest for clearing. but when u head into grifts at 38+ monk reigns superior. barbs cant deal enough 1v1 damage to the RG to kill it fast. dont get me wrong barbs are still in a decent spot right now, esp in rankings but most u see clearing 43-50 grifts are just pylon finders, furious charge does terrible dmg 1v1 and it doesnt reset fast enough. they can clear trash fine but at the RG its iffy.

monks on the other hand with the right build can use EP to blow up everything, including the RG with some well placed mobs

and how are monks hard to gear? they only require 3 pieces of sunwuko to do t6 competently where a barb requires 5 raekors.
    uh wat? just look at the leaderboards, monk and wizards are by far the worst class atm. Barbs are superior for anything above grift 55.
    DH>WD>Barb>Crus>Monk>Wizard at the moment when speakly specifically for end game high grifting

Deleted
    In groups barbs are the quickest class to clear rifts until the boss, then you need a DH. Monks don't really shine in any aspect.

Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    uh wat? just look at the leaderboards, monk and wizards are by far the worst class atm. Barbs are superior for anything above grift 55.
    DH>WD>Barb>Crus>Monk>Wizard at the moment when speakly specifically for end game high grifting
    talking about solo play. read carefully next time. barbs cant do shit on rgs with furious charge. monks with Exploding palm were able to clear grift 60s. barbs were not.

Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    talking about solo play. read carefully next time. barbs cant do shit on rgs with furious charge. monks with Exploding palm were able to clear grift 60s. barbs were not.
    barbs are above monks in solo too. just look at the leaderboards. the top monk exploited. thats why no one else is close to him. barbs kill RG nearly the same speed as monks as well which you can see from the times. vids. evidence. monks are not even close to barbs solo or in groups. lol there cannot even be debate about this, the evidence is clear.
    Last edited by The Oblivion; 2015-03-13 at 01:33 AM.

Deleted
    Barb gives me more fun... but as I'm plaing mainly in party monk is more fun as a support and exploding palm clears the way.

Do what I did. Started with a monk. Once I had pretty much geared it out (only missing a decent soj), I used shards on a barb and have it fully geared out now. Barb is great for speed farming t6.

WD all day baybay

The monk is so much more fun to play for me, totally my own opinion :P I just like the speed of it. But it can get repetitive every now and then...

Quote Originally Posted by Apollose56 View Post

Well look here:

I was thinking raekor was OP (or maybe other sets underpowered) but this one set is just broken lol. Its like Raekors on steroids. Can ww set match this? I dont think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    Well look here:

I was thinking raekor was OP (or maybe other sets underpowered) but this one set is just broken lol. Its like Raekors on steroids. Can ww set match this? I dont think so.
    thats a ptr set, no one knows what will be the best on 2.2 yet for season 3. right now barbs are better then monks though on live

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    i have a capped barb with decent gear and its pretty bland. just spamming whirlwind. thats it.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

7+ Year Old Account
    I think monk are better than barb for now !
    Armory : DiabloIII - WoW