Poll: barb or monk?

Thread: barb or monk

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

barb or monk

Hey all. Had a break since 2.0 and I saw that there are a lot of changes for barb and monk.

I enjoy these classes equally but I wonder what's the better one atm? Do note that I will NEVER play tank or support. I prefer high dmg with decent surv both solo and multi (mostly multi).

Barbs blow go with monk

- - - Updated - - -

A fully geared barb with 100+ hours of game time at 70 can do grifts as well as a half geared monk with 30 hours at 70.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Barbs blow go with monk

- - - Updated - - -

A fully geared barb with 100+ hours of game time at 70 can do grifts as well as a half geared monk with 30 hours at 70.
    50 hours and only T4 Q_Q

Quote Originally Posted by nightstalkerr View Post
    50 hours and only T4 Q_Q
    Just reroll dude.

PC? Monk. Barb if you want to take an eternity grinding for specific gear or RNG maps.
    Console? Barb.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeno View Post
    PC? Monk. Barb if you want to take an eternity grinding for specific gear or RNG maps.
    Console? Barb.
    what. what? I maybe haven't played for some time but what does the platform has to do with class balance? (not trolling, actually interested in an answer)

Quote Originally Posted by hlx View Post
    what. what? I maybe haven't played for some time but what does the platform has to do with class balance? (not trolling, actually interested in an answer)
    Agh sorry. I only own PS3 atm and Monks blow in 2.0.6. Should've clarified.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    I'm done here, why did I actually bother to give a serious reply on page 1 I guess this is a perfect example of why discussions on the internet are so fucking pointless
    Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist View Post
    Overthrowing governments is far different than trying to influence a population

Consoles are behind in patches

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Consoles are behind in patches
    PS4 and XBox one are at 2.1 now. Some smaller patches behind but mostly the same version as PC.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

Quote Originally Posted by takolin View Post
    PS4 and XBox one are at 2.1 now. Some smaller patches behind but mostly the same version as PC.
    Last gen isn't

i can only speak for pc but monks are the 4th follower in the game. sinking 1000 hours into one will get u maybe beating grift 35. a barb can beat grift 40+ easily.

monks are support, they can help groups of 4 beat grifts 40+ but since they are a proc based class they are basically useless for solo.

barbs on the other hand fair slightly better, but if u want a decent class that can solo or group go crusader. beats both.

Sunwoko or whatever that build for monk is called...seems hard to get all items for it...just some to think about.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Deleted
    If you enjoy both equally choose the one which gameplay/build you like more to play. I like to play monk and all but tbh playing whirlwind barb was always more fun to me.

Well barbs are gonna be crap, so im gonna say monk

i dont think i have ever gone the monk route in any rpg - so barb for me
    LFGdating
    Currently playing: WoW, D3, SC2, and wait for it ... Red Alert 3. (And possibly some Goldeneye here or there.)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    i can only speak for pc but monks are the 4th follower in the game. sinking 1000 hours into one will get u maybe beating grift 35. a barb can beat grift 40+ easily.

monks are support, they can help groups of 4 beat grifts 40+ but since they are a proc based class they are basically useless for solo.

barbs on the other hand fair slightly better, but if u want a decent class that can solo or group go crusader. beats both.
    Monks are probably the 2nd best class now after DH. The changes to the sets and the new item(gungdo gear) in season 2 completly changes monk from Support to Powerhouse

Deleted
    Well, you can't really chain charge on a console controller properly.

Barb is good for post count

Deleted
    Id say monk is better and its the class i have played since release and will continue to play it until we get a new class in the next expansion :P (hope druid comes back!)

In thought threads like this was not allowed because nobody can decide what is most fun for you.