Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    'Roasting' cigarettes is usually only done when making bong/pipe mix. It's to dry out the tobacco, making it more brittle and easier to grind up.

I can't imagine a spliff with roasted tobacco being anything other than nasty. In fact a spliff made with cigarette tobacco in general is pretty rough. Rolling tobacco is much better.
    Among my friends roasting cigarettes for a spliff is a very common thing. Only using rolling tobacco when the few who can be arsed to roll their own cigarettes are hanging out with us. Never used it for a bong/pipe though, never mixed tobacco in it unless it's a spliff. I vastly prefer it when *not* using any tobacco though, but I don't mind it.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skinny Red View Post
    Among my friends roasting cigarettes for a spliff is a very common thing. Only using rolling tobacco when the few who can be arsed to roll their own cigarettes are hanging out with us. Never used it for a bong/pipe though, never mixed tobacco in it unless it's a spliff. I vastly prefer it when *not* using any tobacco though, but I don't mind it.
    My friends never roast cigarettes, I've never even heard of it before today, they all use tobacco to mix it up. You really don't want to smoke pure product here in the Netherlands, it'll blow your head clean off.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackmoves View Post
    Hash lumps yes, weed no(in general).
    Basically this. I never smoke pot in a joint though

7+ Year Old Account
    If I have 5 plus people over for a movie I'll use the hookah with a mixture of tobacco and weed.

It's not bad, but a vaporizer is king.

Deleted
    Never heard of roasting tobacco (in the uk) and for personally a spliff/jay/joint is the overall terms, and if it's got no baccy it's a purée!

Quote Originally Posted by Garkanh View Post
    So, as a dane, i have allways roasted my ciggarats when using them for joints. everyone i know who smokes does that.

but last week, i was visiting my girlfriend, who recently moved to spain. We were walking in the park, and could smell that the young people nearby were smoking weed aswell. So we found a bench nearby, and i started roasting the cig with my lighter, while my gf made the cone. Then two of the guys came over, and asked what i was doing, and i just replied i was making a joint.

apparently, they never does that in spain. But if you don't burn out the nicotine, it just tastes weird. Doesn't burn as good either.

so i talked to a friend back in denmark about it, and he said he had experienced something semilar while visiting his cousin in california.

is this only something we danes do?
    I've done that with hash and THC/hash oil but never with weed
    don't know if you can even get hash anymore? can you?
    Last edited by Vyxn; 2014-10-26 at 11:19 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    I've done that with hash but never with weed
    In Norway that's the most common form.

OT: Never seen anyone roast the tobacco here. Then again I don't smoke, so my experience is a bit limited.
    Last edited by Revi; 2014-10-26 at 11:19 PM.

You only really roast the cigarette to add space, it fills less roasted... More compact etc... close to nothing of the nicotine leaves the tobacco.
    You only mix tobacco and weed when its Hash / Hashish. Well i do it with pot too...'

edit. Tastes hell of alot better roasted.

Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    In Norway that's the most common form.
    it is rare here in the US and that was 20 years ago when I would stumble across some but have not seen any sense you can find hash oil before you can find hash now days

Seems like a pain in the ass.

No tobacco for weed but only for Hashish or it will not burn.

Yuck! Coming from someone who doesn't smoke cigs and loves weed I gagged a little thinking of tobacco tainting the flavor of the cannabis. Hell even the people I know that smoke cigs here would never mix tobacco with their weed. Just seems wrong on so many levels.

Deleted
    I've done that with hash and THC/hash oil but never with weed
    Here in Denmark, it's what most people smoke. They sell it openly in the streets of Christiania, and generally all over the place, at least in Copenhagen.
    When me and couple of friends did it in Italy and Spain people freaked out like it was the weirdest thing ever.
    And no, people don't do it with weed, but with hash and usually skunk.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by phitness View Post
    Yuck! Coming from someone who doesn't smoke cigs and loves weed I gagged a little thinking of tobacco tainting the flavor of the cannabis. Hell even the people I know that smoke cigs here would never mix tobacco with their weed. Just seems wrong on so many levels.
    That's why we toast it
    To take out the nasty tobacco taste and all the nicotine.

Quote Originally Posted by phitness View Post

well for all those that are turning up there nose about mixing weed with tobacco when you smoke a blunt rolled from a Dutch Master the leaf is tobacco. we called them Dutchies

Deleted
    You put the tobacco in the oven? With the beef, lamb or pork? I must try this...

well for all those that are turning up there nose about mixing weed with tobacco when you smoke a blunt rolled from a Dutch Master the leaf is tobacco. we called them Dutchies
    Yea I dont do that either. It's vape(prefered) or bong(I mean water pipe) for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garkanh View Post
    So, as a dane, i have allways roasted my ciggarats
    here I am.... a passionate smoker for way too long.. I've smoked a lot, but rats?
    Nope..... Roasted or not. Never smoked rats..
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylar Hao View Post
    So glad I'm a healthy person...
    I smoke cigars on occassion. I revel in the irony of XXXXL's telling me smoking is bad for me. I regularly exercise.

Deleted
    Im from Germany and we always roll our joints with tobacco, me and my friends rarely smoke them pure. Everybody of us is a regular cig smoker and we dont mind about the taste, tbh id rather smoke it with than without tobacco, if we smoke it pure, it instantly destroyes our lungs and we cough like crazy, cant smoke it without it^^
    Most of the time we dont use the tobacco of regular cigs, we normally use rolling tobacco, takes longer to burn down and you have the joice which type of taste you want to add to the weed
    We dont have that Bong Culture here, all of the people i know dont even own one, just smoking it in joints. Purchased a Roor once because we got a little shop in my hometown and i dont use it that often.

Guess we smoke it different all arround the world, but in the end, we all love to smoke it^^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    Seems like a pain in the ass.
    Clearly don't put it up there in the first place...