Thread: Rhonin in WoD.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysiander View Post
    If all you're looking for is a "way to change time" you don't need to look further than the Bronze Dragonflight. Timetravel is nothing new in WoW. If they wanted to, they could just go back in time a second before the explosion kills Rhonin and teleport him away or bring him to the future. They don't because it would cheapen the storytelling.

Frankly, instead of asking "how" you should be asking "why". Once there is a reason for a character to return, the how is usually pretty easy.
    Why? Because many valuable heroes died and we could get their help against future threads. That would be enough.

But we also know that time travelling would have consecuences we can not imagine. We could come back to a world were we failed to defeat the LK for example, or a world were Neltharion decided to just wipe all SW.

Any lesser change in the past can change hte entire future, that's why.

But it would be interesting to know the potential of bringing certain characters back.

I'm sorry but I don't see the appeal. WoW is a plot driven game as far as its lore goes. Characters are vehicles to drive the plot forward. A character that is "just there" is pointless. Imagine for a moment Rhonin was back but not involved in the Draenor story at all. The powerful former leader of the Kirin Tor, now in conflict for the position of archmage with Jaina Proudmore returns from the dead and... nothing. He's just there. He doesn't do anything and nothing changes except that he is alive. How would that enrich the World?

Why would you want a "way to bring people back" without a reason to bring anyone back? Also, why stop at certain characters? There are droves of Alliance heroes that would be "helpful" in times like there. Imagine Uther the Lightbringer and Alexandros "The Ashbringer" Mograine walk through the Dark Portal side by side. Cool sure, but their coolness is in how the deal with threats. The face them and prevail often against the odds. If there's a way to bring them back whenever they fail, were is the threat?

There could be an interesting story in someone trying to bring back Rhonin and unintentionally fucking up the space time continuum. But the story would be in us dealing with the fuckup and not the mechanics of how it got fucked up.

He was alive by then, that is a fact. Just we don't know if he was there for any reason by the exact time we go.
    Please educate me, because I really can't recall any moment Rhonin actually visited Draenor at any point whatsoever. When did he cross the Dark Portal?
    Now, if you would say something like "Alleria and Turalyon might show up", that I could understand. But Rhonin? He's been an unknown character up to Ulduar, unless you have read some lore novels, mostly War of the Ancients.

Edit: When I think about it, not even the "Sons of Lothar" haven't crossed the Dark Portal yet either. WoD starts where orcs were suppose to unleash an assault on Shattrah. WC1 hasn't started yet, so it wouldn't make any sense having any AU human / elv characters to "show up".
    Last edited by Restors; 2014-10-27 at 08:37 AM.