Question Addon to mark friendly players (not raid markers)

Hello,

I'm looking for an addon that will allow me to mark friendly players to allow me to see them better. I'm colorblind and have poor vision in general and the raid marks make it a lot easier to see specific people that I play with for peels and what not. I like using raid marks for this purpose, but I'm looking for an addon that will let me mark people when I'm not lead in a BG. The marks don't need to be group-wide, just personal marks would be really helpful.

Thank You,

Sal

you could turn on friendly name plates (default binding is shift+v)

or if the default nameplates are no good you could mess around with tidyplates

Yea I've messed around with friendly name plates, but I mainly want to be able to differentiate between my friends and the other friendlies in on my team. I can't rely on class/gear very well since I can't see that well, especially with pandas on both sides and trolls/gnomes being about the same size. I know there are addons like Healers Have To Die that put up artificial marks, I was hoping to find something like that.

Before you queue into the BG make a raid group with your friends and put raid marks on them. They should persist in the BG, and only you and your friends should be able to see them.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

It doesn't. I chill at Halaa while I'm not in queue and the marks on my friends doesn't persist into the BG. Would be perfect though

Deleted
    Use a custom filter on tidyplates, add friends names make it appear bigger/coloured or whatever floats your boat.

Are you sure it doesn't work? You have to be in a raid group with them, a party doesn't work.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator