Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Good news about OQ

As you all know with the recent patch, blizzard has removed a file necessary for the addon of OQ. However, this is now longer the case. About a week after, the team that made the addon finally found a way to get it working. However, there is a downside when it comes to this. A lot of players have removed the addon and now there is not as many people using it at the moment. So if you want to use the addon again, and you thought it was not working. It may be a good idea to download it again because it makes recruiting for stuff even easier. Imagine it, if you need people. You will be able to recruit in Open raid, The group finder tool, OQ, and trade chat. If this does not make it easier to find people for what you want to do then I don't know what will. So please, if you liked OQ. Please re download this addon. I really liked it, and hope that the wow community is willing to rebuild the addon. Thanks for all of your time, and have a great rest of your day.

10+ Year Old Account
    i kinda wish they just left it alone as they got there thing ingame... but people are never happy.

No Tusk Club.

It is now a toxic, community-killing addon. What is dead will stay dead.
    Jsz
    <Losers Club> US-Alliance

d u m b c a s u a l s l u t

All the new oQueue does now is offer an alternative interface to the new built-in tool.
    It will pull from the same pool of groups, nothing more.
    Ignorant people like you are not going to help the cause by spreading misinformation and by making it out to be something it is not.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah I'm good without it thanks.

I'll admit, it was revolutionary and awesome in its time, but the constant updates that did nothing just so Tiny could get clicks were annoying as fuck.

I did donate still because it was soooo worth it for a night owl like me.

Now the addon simply uses Blizz's finder and auto declines people who don't have OQ installed. Yeah nah

Tiny got pissed off so he is spitting in the face of blizzard. OQ will die for good soon
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    All the new oQueue does now is offer an alternative interface to the new built-in tool.
    It will pull from the same pool of groups, nothing more.
    Ignorant people like you are not going to help the cause by spreading misinformation and by making it out to be something it is not.
    This. The new OQ doesn't do anything special. It just provides a different interface to Blizzard's group finder. And there's nothing wrong for that, since the whole purpose of addons is to customize the interface.

What OQ can't do anymore is use its own internal medium to communicate and establish groups. The system (battle.net notes) necessary for this to work was removed. It can theoretically do something similar with a custom chat channel, but it will no longer work that way cross realm, so it's kinda pointless.

There was talk that the developer was going to implement a function that allows you to exclude people who are not using the addon. I also heard that this functionality was pulled before it went live. If something like that did go live, Blizzard would break it. Blizzard has complete control over what addons can/can't do. Modifying the interface of the group finder = fine. Excluding people who aren't using the addon = not fine..

Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    This. The new OQ doesn't do anything special. It just provides a different interface to Blizzard's group finder. And there's nothing wrong for that, since the whole purpose of addons is to customize the interface.

What OQ can't do anymore is use its own internal medium to communicate and establish groups. The system (battle.net notes) necessary for this to work was removed. It can theoretically do something similar with a custom chat channel, but it will no longer work that way cross realm, so it's kinda pointless.
    Tiny is putting in an auto kick feature for OQ. Anyone not using OQ gets kicked automaticly

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkvoltinx View Post
    Tiny is putting in an auto kick feature for OQ. Anyone not using OQ gets kicked automaticly
    I heard that, then I heard that that "feature" wasn't going to be put in after all.

If he DOES go through with putting that in, rest assured that Blizzard will break it. Either way, the fact that he was considering it is enough for me to never consider using it.

I heard that, then I heard that that "feature" wasn't going to be put in after all.

If he DOES go through with putting that in, rest assured that Blizzard will break it. Either way, the fact that he was considering it is enough for me to never consider using it.
    It will probably still put in, only in secret

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkvoltinx View Post
    It will probably still put in, only in secret
    Nothing on that scale would ever be secret. If the functionality exists, it will be discovered immediately. And if it does something Blizzard doesn't like, they'll break that functionality.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sterfry View Post
    Imagine it, if you need people. You will be able to recruit in Open raid, The group finder tool, OQ, and trade chat. If this does not make it easier to find people for what you want to do then I don't know what will.
    Yeah, it makes looking for people so much easier if people are scattered across more platforms!!!!11111one
    Are you <insert insult that would get me banned>?
    Last edited by mmocb77704d67b; 2014-10-28 at 01:40 AM.

I keep hoping I'll find something to enhance the built-in group finder that is un-shady enough to be on Curse.

Nothing on that scale would ever be secret. If the functionality exists, it will be discovered immediately. And if it does something Blizzard doesn't like, they'll break that functionality.
    I meant more as in not announced as a feature.

No thanks. I'm sticking with the in-game one only.

it also has an option to auto-kick people that dont have the addon. Let it die and use blizz's addon instead.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Don't care about the addon stopped using Oqueue when patch 6 hit and Blizz updated their tool to do the same job but much better and lag free.. And if the creator of Oqueue is as much of a douche as some say he is, then the faster this Oqueue dies then the better it is for all of us..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Isn't this blatant advertising? Is that even allowed?

(since you are REQUIRED to go to the guys website in order to dowload this)
    Yeah has me wondering what motive the OP has in all of this sounds very fishy to me..

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    Don't care about the addon stopped using Oqueue when patch 6 hit and Blizz updated their tool to do the same job but much better and lag free.. And if the creator of Oqueue is as much of a douche as some say he is, then the faster this Oqueue dies then the better it is for all of us..

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah has me wondering what motive the OP has in all of this sounds very fishy to me..
    Blizz's tool is very underdeveloped, it needs more options, filters, etc. Atleast OQ had the ability for me to find PvP groups, and could sort PVE encounters by ilevel so I could pug heroics.
    Chronomancer Club

15+ Year Old Account
    Will it require an update EVERY FUCKING day to work? If yes, ill pass, if no, maybe
    But im farly sure it will need updates every day to work, like it has past MONTHS, really fucking annoying
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

It's all up to Blizzard really. If it takes them a very long time to improve the group finder people will flock to oqueue again. Don't forget OQ was around for a long time before it became popular and very useful.