Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    I really disliked the way OQ operated outside of curse basically so that it could beg for donations.

I also had regular issues with it due to the constant patching and the odd glitches it could cause.

Even when it worked it was kind of hit and miss. I got frustrated, uninstalled it and used Openraid for the rest of MoP.

Great idea at the time, if you could deal with the hassle of it it was really useful, but I'm not keen to install it again unless it's radically different. Group finder does most of what OQ did for me, and for everything else there's Openraid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tinystomper View Post
    - oQueue's dead - rumors of oQueue's death were... premature. v3.0 shipped on the 20th
    quite a little exaggerated to call it shipped... Or is it packed now in a box, and shipped through carriers? Don't think so...

- why resurrect oQueue? a blue requested an addon front end to the GroupFinder
    quite a big exaggeration.. All I've ever seen was a CM in the official forums pointing out that the GroupFinder works with addons, and how they invite programmers to create one.... Never seen a request made by them.
    anything else?
    Just had to set that record straight...

else, as it stands, oQ is but an unnecessary ballast now. There's no need for it anymore. It's served it's purpose, more or less good. But it's now news from yesterday..
    It shares the same destiny with the likes of GearScore and what not..
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Just had to set that record straight...

else, as it stands, oQ is but an unnecessary ballast now. There's no need for it anymore. It's served it's purpose, more or less good. But it's now news from yesterday..
    It shares the same destiny with the likes of GearScore and what not..
    Blizzard have opened up the new group finder to addons for a reason.
    This is just the same as the other arguments, hating something for the sake of hating it as its a popular bandwagon at present.
    The new finder has room for much improved filtering, plus potentially room for stuff we haven't thought of yet.
    Anyone who thinks it is perfect is simply lying, or not thinking big enough.
    It may be meeting their needs, or they simply do not want to admit that oQueue still has reasons to be around, allbeit in a much reduced form.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Blizzard have opened up the new group finder to addons for a reason.
    This is just the same as the other arguments, hating something for the sake of hating it as its a popular bandwagon at present.
    The new finder has room for much improved filtering, plus potentially room for stuff we haven't thought of yet.
    Anyone who thinks it is perfect is simply lying, or not thinking big enough.
    It may be meeting their needs, or they simply do not want to admit that oQueue still has reasons to be around, allbeit in a much reduced form.
    I dislike how outdated the window looks. Anything that looks close to blizzard template frames get a big no from me. We need functionality and style rolled into one. It might take a bit for someone to step up, but there have been talks here and there on the forums.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Multistryke View Post
    The new in game tool is just fine, RIP OQ.
    if all you wanna do is flex and farm frogs sure I guess it is

#hatingiskewlkids

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tinystomper View Post
    - oQueue would update every second! then hit the pause button

- i had to update oQueue every day! 5 updates in 2 months

- oQueue will auto-kick non-oQueue users! no it won't

- oQueue auto-kicks people! oQueue would always deny wait list if you didn't meet the requirements. ie: role/class/level/ilevel/lockout/region/etc

- GroupFinder shows all groups - no it doesn't. 100 max & only your local region

- if only an addon would sort the GroupFinder results - like oQueue

- oQueue demands donations - no it doesn't. it provides a link to its page on solidice, which has a donation button (just like curse)

- oQueue is bloated - it uses 3-4m of memory. compare to recount and get back to me

- oQueue has unwanted features - not all features are for all people. uncheck the ones you don't want (wish i could w/ wow)

- oQueue added people to my friends list - it communicated thru a mesh of people & you could remove yourself from the mesh. this is no longer needed

- oQueue still adds people - not since 6.0.2. oQueue now hooks to the GroupFinder backend, as intended by blizzard

- oQueue spams my friends - this hasn't happened to anyone since last february (blizz finally added bnet addon data)

- oQueue's dead - rumors of oQueue's death were... premature. v3.0 shipped on the 20th

- why resurrect oQueue? a blue requested an addon front end to the GroupFinder

anything else?
    don't let the keyboard warriors of mmo-c upset you, your addon is the best thing that happened to WoW in the last years and Blizzard's group finder is pathetic in comparison

2 important ( to me ) things that the Blizz group finder is missing that OQ had:
    -The ability to sort groups by ilvl
    -The separate "ilvl required to join / lowest ilvl in group" listings.

All I get with the Blizz UI are groups "requiring" 570 to join that have 4-5 members below 520 ilvl.
    The Blizzard premade tool should require all members to be at the posted ilvl to even receive a direct invite, or the set ilvl must always be the ilvl of the lowest person in the group.
    Felpooti - DH - Echo Isles
    Hack - Warrior - Echo Isles
    Pootie - Hunter - Echo Isles

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooti View Post
    2 important ( to me ) things that the Blizz group finder is missing that OQ had:
    -The ability to sort groups by ilvl
    -The separate "ilvl required to join / lowest ilvl in group" listings.

All I get with the Blizz UI are groups "requiring" 570 to join that have 4-5 members below 520 ilvl.
    The Blizzard premade tool should require all members to be at the posted ilvl to even receive a direct invite, or the set ilvl must always be the ilvl of the lowest person in the group.
    Being able to group with other language regions is FAR MORE important than those issues you listed, it is highly inacceptable that Europe has to put up with having only 40% of its playerbase being pooled into it, while other continents like CN, KR and NA have near 100% coverage. Spanish people are suffering badly from lack of groups currently due to this inacceptable separation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cityguy193 View Post
    And I respect him more for it. Even though such a feature will not actually exist, I wouldnt mind an OQ only group. It used to be a quality addon when it was smaller and less known, with better more coordinated groups. It was only really SOO that the addon shot up in popularity, to a point where pugging on OQ was worse than trade chat quality players.'

Now with the group finder, I cant find a single group that does not die to annihilate on any difficulty of garrosh, nor can they actually function properly on Thok. It only works because SOO is so easy on normal and heroic that you only need 40-50% of the group to know what they are doing to carry the rest. It will be a crapshoot in WoD. You cant rely on a guild for everything, and I liked the freedom that OQ brought with on demand quality pug runs.
    What in the world are yo utalking about man? :P

Its an addon. Its the exact same thing as group finder, just an addon. There is absolutely no grounds for saying that groups from OQ will be better then groups from dungeon finder. Its pure gibberish lol :P

Deleted
    EDIT: Alright, cleanup done. Unlocked.

I've been pretty lenient in what counts as infractable so far. That stops starting with this post.
    Keep it civil, or the hammer comes out again.
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2014-10-30 at 09:39 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronburggundy View Post
    Any WoW addon can be open'd in any standard text editor and you can view its code. Please show us the line of code that is auto kicking people. You can literally view the code right there, any person can view it.

If that did indeed happen than it is from a bug, otherwise please show me in the code where it does this.

I don't think you'll be able to, because it doesn't exist.
    There's definitely something going on.

I had OQ installed and group leaders were asking me why I was spamming them with random strings of characters. This sounds just like the kind of thing OQ used to do.

I've un-installed OQ now and I'll see how it goes.

The blizz front end isn't great but it's functional and if OQ is going to be limited to using the same back end then it may not be able to do much more.

Quote Originally Posted by ct67 View Post
    There's definitely something going on.

I had OQ installed and group leaders were asking me why I was spamming them with random strings of characters. This sounds just like the kind of thing OQ used to do.

I've un-installed OQ now and I'll see how it goes.

The blizz front end isn't great but it's functional and if OQ is going to be limited to using the same back end then it may not be able to do much more.
    Correlation does not equal causation.
    This just seems to be another petty argument based on what oQueue apparently "used to do".
    That has nothing to do with the argument in this thread really, and should you be fairly confident in proving that issue then that should be reported as a bug instead.

Not pulling from large enough of a pool, and lack of filtering options.
    Those seem to be the real criticisms of the new feature if we get past the petty gesturing.
    oQueue or others can help with the filtering options, but blizzard themselves need to fix the other.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2014-10-30 at 07:43 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    When was this? Recently?

When you apply for a group using oQueue, your oQueue will check if the group you applied to is running oQueue. If they are running oQueue, your oQueue will whisper the leader a big long list of jibberish. This jibberish is encoded information about you. iLvL, raid progression, boss kills, stats, etc. The leaders oQueue can read the jibberish and make sense of it and then hide the whisper so the leader never actually sees it.

If oQueue is sending this 'jibberish' to leaders not running oQueue, then thats a bug we need to fix and apologies for the confusion / inconvenience.