Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Can't give you much info for PvE, but PvP(arena especially) it's not easy at all, first of all you are extremly squishy(a glass cannon) therefore position is the most important thing when playing a mage, second is making proper use of the CC's u got, poly/rof/pet nova you name it, throwing a random poly/rof wont help much, you could do more harm using it randomly(DR). In PvP there's no rotation, because games are different most of the time, sometimes opening with a CC is better than opening with burst and vice versa. I didnt played much PvE but when i did fire was extremly fun, atleast i had fun with it, anyway, cant say i enjoy playing my mage like i did back in wotlk/cata, i felt like u had more sources of dmg and u could play different from others, now u rely on big cd's like ice nova/mirror images, FFB doesnt proc that often, seen it proc once in a 3-4 minute skirmish, u dont got access to mage bombs unless u spec into it which is a big mistake if do so for arenas(atleast for now).. but at the end of the day i couldnt give up on my mage, they are still fun and they will always be, even if the dmg will be crap someday they will still be strong in PvP due to the high amount of CC they can bring.

Mage gameplay now, basicly--> Use 1 button all fight long, use something that procs and use major CD
    Are you sure it is the mage you are playing?

I also play Retribution, Destro, Shadow Priest, Assasination, Feral/Boomkin, Windwalker, Elemental.... they all play equally in terms of difficulty. If you truly want to play best a class has to offer, there is a lot more than the buttons you push. You need to understand the stats and how they work to you advantage, an addon like Weak Auras to leverage trinkets and procs, initimate knowledge of encounter, etc...

I never understood why some people complain about having too few buttons to press... More buttons wont make a class fun to me, shamans still bloated with too many skills yet they feel so boring. IMO it's all about "What class can I raid with and not fall asleep?" and that usually happens when playing with any ranged caster in my case.

I'm currently in love with my Fury warrior, despite the recent nerfs...
    Last edited by Wiergraf; 2014-11-05 at 05:42 PM.