Deleted

Sticking with it?

Hi all,

I've roamed around the forums here for a long long time, but this is my first post.
    I am posting this because i've seen other threads where people ask for tips or help on what to play, and usually gets better answers here than anywhere else.

So I thought I'd try to get some pointers and tips on what class/spec to play in WoD.

I have played WoW since the first open US BETA so I've gone through this many times before, and almost every time I seem to stick with my warrior, which I hold so dear. I've mostly played the dps/OT role during my long and vivid raiding career, and do not really rule out to continue it that way.
    As I said I've played WoW and raided for a long time. Trying out most classes and specs, mainly rogue, warrior, shaman and mage.
    Playing a range dps specc has never really felt right for me since I do not like being too stationary while playing.
    I played resto shaman for a while back in TBC and kinda liked it, but my understanding is that healing is way different nowadays.

Altough this time around I have a friend whom I'll be playing with alot and he decided he is gonna roll the protection warrior.
    My mind has wandered around from class to class and my top 3 choices land on all out dps warrior, rogue or enhancement shaman.
    I was almost ready to go the shaman way until I checked out the shaman forums where shamans almost were escaping a sinking boat, noone thought enhancement shaman were worth the time spent.

So I'm asking you now, should I stick with my warrior and go all out dps and see beyond all the gearing problems I will most certainly get by playing so closely with another warrior. Or should I roll shaman/rogue? Maybe you guys have some other tips on what could suit me or something that can revolutionize my view on raiding and classes in general.

Thank you for your time and honesty,
    Shyosa

Stick with the Warrior! If you play something else you will never be satisfied and in the back of your mind you'll be wishing you're a warrior. If your friend is wanting to roll a warrior let him, it wouldn't make me even consider switching from my warrior. Unless I really just wanted something else. Which my alt is a monk, Windwalker and Brewmaster. But I'll always be a warrior. Stick with your class. I've played a warrior as well from 2005 to now, I've obviously tried different classes and raided alot on my monk in Mists, but If I'm not on the warrior, I feel like I need to be. Don't let the fact someone else is wanting to play a warrior make you feel like you need to do something else. Warriors for life! Let all the flavor of the month fakers come and go!

Deleted
    Wow dude!
    Thats a great fucking answer.. I feel like you almost put my head straight right away.
    Can't wait to get home now and charge around abit.
    Thank you for your input.

Deleted
    This is actually a great time for warriors.
    For pve I suggest you go with fury, and for pvp it seems this is the rise of the sword&board warrior as gladiator stance.

Why even consider shaman, btw? They suck at every department in the beta.

Deleted
    You'll not only regret it but the time spent on other classes will feel wasted as you'll not be playing what you solely enjoy. The loyalty to the Warrior class is really strong, I couldn't raid on my Warrior for 2 years as there was never a melee spot and I hated it.

Deleted
    I loved Fury in ICC, it's current carnation it feels a bit the same, especially with Unquenchable Thirst or Furious Strikes. (I use the latter atm)

The high APM is exactly what I expect from Fury and I was gutted that they destroyed my favorable warrior spec in MoP, but it's back in full glory now.

On the other side, MoP made me switch to DK, played Frost until prepatch, but now Unholy is better balanced in terms of damage per skill, and I'm positive about leveling my DK above my Warrior, even though I love the fuck out of both of them.

A once full-time warrior has become a full-time DK, times change and so does classes, each incarnation is different and it's important to play whatever the hell you want, but make sure you have 1 main on which you have the most fun.

For me, in WoD, I'll see at lvl 100 what I prefer, right now it's Warrior because of the ICC-like gameplay.

Deleted
    Great points errybody.
    I'll be taking all of your inputs into my desicions.. right now I'm just logging between them both hoping I'd find something to make my decision easier :P

Keep comment coming <3

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    You don´t stick with the warrior. The warrior sticks within you

/yodamode
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.