Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Murdeh View Post
    - Stealth / Vanish Redesign. Something along the lines of shorten the cool down on vanish but add a cooldown to stealth (merg both abilities) to subtlety only.
    - Re-introduction of "hit and run" because that shit looked fun.

Subulety changes:

- Some sort of mystical shadow based melee damage for subtlety to bypass armour instead of "find weakness". More of a work "shadow blades" into the spec passive rather than have it remove entirely.

Could be something as simple as replace "master of subtlety" with shadowblades effect upon leaving stealth, and remove find weakness...
    So Upon leaving stealth, the rogue gains shadow blades, allowing him to bypass armour for 10 seconds and gain additional combo points.
    ?
    I like all of this. It would make Rogues feel better. Especially Subtlety stealth gameplay is desperately needed. I do not like GW2, but the Rogue stealth gamplay was fun, somethig to look into for Blizz devs. In general Rogues needs more "mystical" shadow "stuff" to make them feel way different from Ferals or Warriors. I am still extremely dissapointed with the Death from Above animation. It's so lazy. After the jump up we should be flying head first with daggers out at the target, maybe even a spin or two or three in there. Right now it looks like he is being pulled TO the target while sitting... in the air...

I think overall, yes, I will be happy with my rogue in WoD. To echo many sentiments, the CP change was wwaaayyyy overdue and an extremely welcome change.
    I actually like the ability pruning...I had skills that I never/rarely/situationally used that no longer take up bar space, so I get to redesign my bars for the things I'll need.
    Not sure how I feel about Crimson Tempest as combat. There still needs to be, what, 10-12+ mobs for it to be better than BF? Not sure how that will wash out when we get our BF perk on the way to 100 (no cleave cap).
    Though, per the usual, Rogues will feel clunky and slow at the start of the expansion and then hit their stride near the end with higher haste levels.

I'm not sure where that Crimson Tempest idea came from, perhaps from MoP, but the buffs to CT were significant to allow the following to be true:

It's a dps increase to roll the CT dot on 2+ targets assuming the dot goes full length.
    It replaces Eviscerate altogether on 3+ targets.

The DPET of that ability skyrockets with increasing targets. Here it is at 3 and 5 targets respectively (note: the "adds" here live forever):

Also, yay 7,000 posts!
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    I'm not sure where that Crimson Tempest idea came from, perhaps from MoP, but the buffs to CT were significant to allow the following to be true:

It's a dps increase to roll the CT dot on 2+ targets assuming the dot goes full length.
    It replaces Eviscerate altogether on 3+ targets.

The DPET of that ability skyrockets with increasing targets. Here it is at 3 and 5 targets respectively (note: the "adds" here live forever):

<snip>

Also, yay 7,000 posts!
    Oh wow, I did not realize that. Thanks for the info!
    And grats on 7k posts! =)

Edit: now if they would just bring back the CT glyph where it front-loaded the damage with no DoT.
    Last edited by Merope; 2014-11-12 at 02:22 PM.

The top of my list going into the beta was talents. I've been outspoken about my disappointment with Rogue talents since the beginning of MoP. Too many of our talents are extremely situational and underwhelming. I thought for sure something would be done with talents this beta, I honestly could not comprehend them leaving them as they are.

So yea my primary source of discontent with Rogues right now is talents. I am disappointed to see them go another expansion in such a manner.

Merope,

Potentially something funky going on with simcraft, napkin maths suggests that CT should go ahead at 6+ targets - not three. I'd ignore what I just posted until some more testing can be done.

- - - Updated - - -

Yup, it looks like SimC has CT proccing Main Gauche, which is artificially pushing it ahead.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by Skarzog View Post
    The top of my list going into the beta was talents. I've been outspoken about my disappointment with Rogue talents since the beginning of MoP. Too many of our talents are extremely situational and underwhelming. I thought for sure something would be done with talents this beta, I honestly could not comprehend them leaving them as they are.

So yea my primary source of discontent with Rogues right now is talents. I am disappointed to see them go another expansion in such a manner.
    yep thats exactly how I feel as well. Im so distraught over it I dont think I would level my rogue first if I bought warlords.

Deleted
    For me it's not what's been added to Rogue in WoD, because that isn't an awful lot. It's that we've had less taken from us than everybody else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Yup, it looks like SimC has CT proccing Main Gauche, which is artificially pushing it ahead.
    Am I missing something, or is this profile not running Blade Flurry/properly? Increasing from 3 targets to 5, the DPET of all abilities should increase because of the increase in flurry targets... or I've missed an important update.

yes and i will be having a lot of "fun" backstabbing from behind a lot more "fun" than if i could ever do it from the front.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kael View Post
    Am I missing something, or is this profile not running Blade Flurry/properly? Increasing from 3 targets to 5, the DPET of all abilities should increase because of the increase in flurry targets... or I've missed an important update.
    Technically the abilities don't increase, but you get more blade flurry procs.

Blade Flurry has its own listing instead of being spitted up into where the blade flurry procs came from.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ahh my bad, I haven't looked at the full screen in a while.

10+ Year Old Account
    Been playing rogue for over a year and I like things about all three specs. It received nice QoL changes in WoD without changing what I liked, so that's good in my book. Onward to more prosperous raid tiers.

Not entirely, Slow MH for Subtlety in pvp is a bit underwhelming and could use a buff.

Besides that, DFA is a bit clunky but has potential.