Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I really like the rogue more now, cp are easier, ambush are easier, cant say I am not missing dismantle and paralytic poison, yet we r buffed imo

I'm mostly happy. Good QoL changes. I still think combat needs to be reworked but I'm happy with the other specs.

Personally, sub is OK - the multistrike mechanic is more annoying than fun, but it's a complete spec with it's own style. Assassination and Combat are dead to me, both so utterly mindless and repetitive, at least assassination has you pool before Envenom but what's combat got going for it in the single target world? Keep up S&D and RvS? That's pretty much it, it's awful, it's oddly slow and it's such a rollercoaster of dps levels thanks to BG and a deep dependence on CDs that I will never appreciate it as a spec.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    but what's combat got going for it in the single target world? Keep up S&D and RvS?
    I find some micro optimizations you can make fun about combat. Mostly revolving around Bandit's Guile, Restless Blades (think they renamed it now) and Anticipation. Sometimes you want to delay finisher because you can push higher insight, sometimes you want smaller finisher ASAP because you can squeeze KS in deep insight with trinket proc that's about to drop. There are some decisions to make there and sometimes you don't have much time to make the right call. I'm not sure how big impact these optimizations make on your DPS on patchwerk (think they're small), but fitting it all into actual encounter is fun for me.

Assassination on the other hand.. apart from multi dotting there is really nothing interesting in this spec for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Aylie View Post
    I find some micro optimizations you can make fun about combat. Mostly revolving around Bandit's Guile, Restless Blades (think they renamed it now) and Anticipation. Sometimes you want to delay finisher because you can push higher insight, sometimes you want smaller finisher ASAP because you can squeeze KS in deep insight with trinket proc that's about to drop. There are some decisions to make there and sometimes you don't have much time to make the right call. I'm not sure how big impact these optimizations make on your DPS on patchwerk (think they're small), but fitting it all into actual encounter is fun for me.
    Yeah fair enough, those are some legitimate things you can pull off. I take it back, Combat is slightly better than Assassination - I think my prejudice from playing it for so long had seeped through.
    I am the lucid dream

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Yeah fair enough, those are some legitimate things you can pull off. I take it back, Combat is slightly better than Assassination - I think my prejudice from playing it for so long had seeped through.
    Yes yes it has, there seems to be a growing hatred towards combat spec lately, mostly unjustified. Combat is by no means perfect, but just sayin.

I'd say having an ability that makes us do a backflip 10 feet in the air and then crash down on our enemies is pretty awesome. :P

I'm really enjoying subtlety at the moment. Assassination is okay, but I find myself missing shadow dance so much. I just love the way the class plays with that.

TBH im not happy about rogues for wod at all. We got so many easy to fix problems yet its still there.

1.) Situational problem (backstab). The game is just not designed for it to work. We cant use our main CP builder while levling and some bosses always give me a headache cause of turning, moving and changing targets. It doesnt make it more challenging, just more annoying.

2.) Anticipation and shadowstep should be baseline. There is to little choice in our talents.

3.) Vendetta. Its boring and is still on the target! If they are going to keep this retarded dps CD, atleast put it on us.

4.) Haste scaling problem.

5.) Why is there a GCD on BF? Ive never seen anyone mention this, but there is no reason for it being there. Look at warlocks and their fancy fire and brimstone.

6.) Looks like we yet again are being forced to play combat in aoe enviorments cause of shitty dmg from both sub and assassination. (Not as bad as sub currently, but still not enough).

That being said, I still love my rogue and wont ever reroll. We are the same as we has been but we deserve more attention.

I am happy Rogues were not nerfed to the ground.

I just wish they would go over Rogue talent trees so we can have some real choices (eg improving least used talents).

I'll tell you what I will really miss: subterfuge.

Quote Originally Posted by Paincake View Post
    Yes yes it has, there seems to be a growing hatred towards combat spec lately, mostly unjustified. Combat is by no means perfect, but just sayin.
    For me, without reverting the 50 energy change, the spec feels slow to play at 90, and horrendous at 100. It's not for me.
    I am the lucid dream

10+ Year Old Account
    Combat with blades and AoC was glorious, now it's just too slow...
    Last edited by Artorius; 2014-10-31 at 07:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paincake View Post
    It happened at the end of ToT too but with assassination. Over a year later of everyone playing combat has people crying for a new spec to play. Pretty much this right now is the current state we were in over a year ago with people who were playing assassination crying about how much they loved combat and how they couldn't wait to be done playing a crap spec and how much they were looking forward to combat being viable again because they missed playing their favorite spec so much. Mean while those threads were always spotted with the sub fanboys chiming in here and there talking about how much fun they had with sub. Fast forward a year and "omg combat sucks I hate combat and I can't wait to play assassination again. It was my fav spec back in the day!" "omg sub is so much fun!".

Grass always appears to be greener on the other side!

Quote Originally Posted by DrArtorius View Post
    Combat is blades and AoC was glorious, now it's just too slow...
    Exactly my thoughts. Without either of them, and keeping a 50 energy SS it's feels like your waiting around forever before the spec 'starts', I'll try to only be play it when Flurry become relevant again.

Right now, I'm trying to get the Dragon Soul subtlety feel going again. The multistrike mechanic, though I dislike it, is actually helping with this - the thought process can become quite intense as you see all your timers heading toward their 30% mark.
    I am the lucid dream

Deleted
    I still cannot get my head around Burst of Speed still being in the game. Its a bandaid fix, and negates our allready existing skill called Sprint. You'd think when they advertise ability pruning and removing bloat, they'd remove BoS and rework Sprint to serve its purpose in a less OP way. Sprint 30 sec cd, baseline ShS with talent row choice of improving ShS or Sprint, now thats a choice. Like seriously, I am hyped for WoD and all, but these kind of design decisions are contradictory and qeustionable. Lack of communication really sucks also, even Ghostcrawler spent lots of time during Cata and MoP beta forums, adressing concerns and providing proper arguments/reasons for why they chose to do what they did.
    Oh well, I guess I better stop beating a dead horse, RIP Horse.

Defintely going to play my rogue, although it is taking a back seat to my monk because I enjoy WW much more and like having the option to tank (also really fun). After maining a rogue since BC, it is time to switch mains.

To answer the question, Rogues feel very fluid with CP change. Things like multi rupturing in Assassination feel a lot better. And from the looks of it all the specs feel a little more unique than before now which is nice. Only problem I have with rogues is a matter of personal opinion, which is how their talents are kind of boring, some mandatory, and how their attacks don't have any exciting animations. As a rogue I will be excited to use shadow reflection and death from above, as those look to have pretty cool animations and implications. I am still excited to raid/pvp on my rogue but it will be after my monk is geared.

Deleted
    looks like rogues will be awesome in wod :

I love sub, always will. It has a high skill cap and even higher reward if you pull it off. I love the DfA, fun talent. I just hope it will be viable in raids.

QoL changes are fine. I agree about shadowstep being baseline and burst of speeds tier being reworked but it probably won't happen. I wasn't a fan of button mashing combat so I imagine I might like the spec more now. Sub being the highest dmg makes sense, it has the highest skillcap. It has its critics, but I find assassination fun.