Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

A genuine question to UKIP supporters

Since apparently a few lurk here I am genuinely curious what policies you support, if you know all their policies and whether or not you agree with all their policies?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Since apparently a few lurk here I am genuinely curious what policies you support, if you know all their policies and whether or not you agree with all their policies?
    My parents are apparently going to vote UKIP. I've never been so ashamed of them, but their reasons for it are that UKIP is opposing some HS2 railroad thing that goes outside their house like a few hundred meters away.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I imagine if you ask any voter this question regardless of the party they plan to vote for you're going to get the exact same reply. Do they know all of their party policies? Probably not. Some may read the election manifesto but a lot won't. Some may tune into the debates.. but some won't. Do they support all of their policies? Probably not. Name me anyone who supports 100% of their party policies. Politics would be pretty boring if they did. The important point is they support enough of the policies to be able to make a decision to vote for that party.

Not sure why the question has to be directed at UKIP unless this is one of those "You only vote for them because of Europe, you don't know all of their policies/they don't have any!!!" arguments. But to some our future in Europe is a pretty big reason to vote for UKIP alone as it includes other issues such as immigration, jobs, welfare spend, etc etc.

Plus no party has laid out their election policies yet.. that doesn't happen until the manifesto launches next year. So plenty of time.

I'll probably vote for them as a protest vote as my vote makes precisely 0 difference. Round here they would return Labour if it was a plastic pig wearing the red ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by Karragon View Post
    Round here they would return Labour if it was a plastic pig wearing the red ribbon.
    Why did that make me think of John Prescott.

Deleted
    I'll probably vote for them as a protest vote as my vote makes precisely 0 difference. Round here they would return Labour if it was a plastic pig wearing the red ribbon.
    If you're gonna vote for someone as a protest vote, vote for someone ridiculous, not a bunch of racists who actually take themselves seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've decided to vote for them due to their catchy song.

Apparently the rumours that Mike Reid's going to release a follow up single, based on Relax by Frankie goes to Holywood, are untrue.

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    If you're gonna vote for someone as a protest vote, vote for someone ridiculous, not a bunch of racists who actually take themselves seriously.
    I would think that when making a protest vote one should be obvious what they are protesting about? Vote for UKIP for protests about Europe, Greens for protests about well...green things, Monster Raving Loonie Party for protests against sanity

I may swap my vote to MRLP.

The fact that you dismiss them as racists simply because you don't agree with them says volumes about you and very little about them, they are no more racist, and have no more racists, than any other party. It's like the anti-fascist protesters who don't want the "fascists" to be allowed to exercise freedom of speech...

Deleted
    I would think that when making a protest vote one should be obvious what they are protesting about? Vote for UKIP for protests about Europe, Greens for protests about well...green things, Monster Raving Loonie Party for protests against sanity

I may swap my vote to MRLP.

The fact that you dismiss them as racists simply because you don't agree with them says volumes about you and very little about them, they are no more racist, and have no more racists, than any other party. It's like the anti-fascist protesters who don't want the "fascists" to be allowed to exercise freedom of speech...
    I'm not saying any of the other parties are any better on the racism department (so I don't vote, period), but their immigration policies are decidedly racist, no question about it.

What is UKIP?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strakha View Post
    What is UKIP?
    They're the political wing of the Daily Mail.

10+ Year Old Account
    What is UKIP?
    A group of neanderthals who bought suits and worked out how to vote. Honestly when you put this guy as your Commonwealth Spokesman... Could you not get anyone else? Really? Skip to 1:30 and watch the next 30seconds at the very least. Anyone else would be better.

2:25 is fantastic. "What was your reaction?" "Well my initial reaction was that it made my ears vomit"
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    A group of neanderthals who bought suits and worked out how to vote. Honestly when you put this guy as your Commonwealth Spokesman... Could you not get anyone else? Really? Skip to 1:30 and watch the next 30seconds at the very least. Anyone else would be better.
    Winston MacKenzie is a rent-a-politician, he's stood (and failed to get elected) for every political party. He's always been a joke, I have no idea why UKIP have given him any role in their party (well, I do have an idea as to why).

2:25 is fantastic. "What was your reaction?" "Well my initial reaction was that it made my ears vomit"

haha i watched til about 6:30 when he said he was an ex-boxing promoter. no wonder he can put up with anything for a dollar.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    haha i watched til about 6:30 when he said he was an ex-boxing promoter. no wonder he can put up with anything for a dollar.
    Dull fact of the day: his brother, Duke MacKenzie, was a World Champion boxer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Winston MacKenzie is a rent-a-politician, he's stood (and failed to get elected) for every political party. He's always been a joke, I have no idea why UKIP have given him any role in their party (well, I do have an idea as to why).
    I'll say it because you won't.

He's black. What better way to show you aren't racist than hiring a black man. "I'm not racist, I've got a black friend/I know a black guy" - because that's what the guy who wrote the song said.

They want to appeal to the "ordinary bloke" none of that "private school, oxford and cambridge rich boy stuff" and the idea of having someone like that running the country terrifies me. Nigel Farage isn't even like that, neither are the upper echelons of UKIP, they just pretend to be to get votes.
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Deleted
    I'm most likely voting Tory if I vote at all.

Sadly a few years ago I actually liked UKIP, I think some of farages speeches at the eu were quite good, but I couldn't vote for them

And if Tory win the next election, I will be voting to stay in the eu.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do hope that the Greens become the protest vote rather than UKIP or the BNP or some other awful group. I know some do anyway but some more. Because if the greens get in, we actually get a pretty good deal should the unfathomable happen and enough people coordinate.

They want to appeal to the "ordinary bloke" none of that "private school, oxford and cambridge rich boy stuff" and the idea of having someone like that running the country terrifies me. Nigel Farage isn't even like that, neither are the upper echelons of UKIP, they just pretend to be to get votes.
    well I cant blame them because cameron seems like an extremely unlikeable fellow. in canada he'd be similar to stephen harper i suppose, just a lego man.