Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Given the history of CoD review scores, I have little doubt it will score well.

Then again, I was fully expecting Destiny to score near across the board 9-10/10's and was very surprised to see so many middling scores and 7's. So hey, anything is possible.
    So was I. I was expecting Destiny to be a positive mark on FPS open world ish. Then again it's a MMO claiming it's not an MMO *snort*
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I think the focus on multiplayer is what is killing these games.
    Sure its a big part of these games but it's getting to the point where i can finish the "campaign" in like 1-2 hours. thats not worth 60+$ to me.
    I'm not a big multiplayer and i used to buy CoD and MoH for the single player that took a while and was fun.
    Now thats an afterthought. I think they underestimate how many people see value in a game from single player and consider multi just an addon

Deleted
    They made a huge mistake with this Titanfall crap. Not going to buy it either.

Deleted
    Are you surprised? The games are basically identical! Why people keep on buying them is a mystery.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    go back to WWII. Or, fingers crossed, WWI?
    Why not Korea?

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Deleted
    Advanced Warfare just has to be not as bad as Ghosts and it will be good enough for me.
    There is NO competitor for a CoD series on the multiplayer market today.
    BF = completely another game, with a different shooting model and gameplay.
    Titanfall = easy game, easy shooting, bad players.
    All other games are either free 2 play ( and bad ) or just bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by NordWitcher View Post
    Well back when MW2 came out in 2009, it was probably the biggest game launch in recent memory. Let alone game launch, the biggest entertainment launch. Everyone and their mother knew what Call of Duty was. MW2 was hugely anticipated and that is all what I played the next whole year. Then MW3 came out and it out did MW2. Though it didn't quite have the cult following MW2 had. But this was when the series started slipping even though they actually improved on everything from MW2. I still think MW3 had the best online multiplayer experience before Titanfall.

But this isn't surprising really. We have seen so many shooters come out this year. Its actually over saturated with shooters and then you still have so many more to look forward to early next year with Battlefield: Hardline, Evolve, etc. And in recent years we have seen a resurgence in other franchises notably the Far Cry franchise and you've also had some really good sleeper hits with Shadow of Mordor and Lords of the Fallen.

So I think all this has actually contributed to the declining sales of COD: Advanced Warfare.
    How could you forget Black Ops 1 - it was an excellent game, it is as good ( if not better ) as mw2 and surely better, compared to mw3.
    mw3 was already on edge. It was VERY close to failure.
    Imho, best multiplayer = mw2, next one - black ops 1.
    Titanfall = CoD for newbies.
    Last edited by mmoc63e873a820; 2014-10-29 at 10:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Leeches View Post
    you're joking right? every mmo i've ever played has people who play worse or on par with bots. half don't even speak english and the half that do speak english probably half of those won't even reply to you.

You're mixing up multiplayer and socializing anyway. Want to socialize? Go join a guild
    When the bulk of "what is there to do?" points boil down to solo old content for transmog, pet battles, play an alt, LFR, etc... I don't know how you could be so shocked by that response.

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    That article is a joke seeing as last September had the biggest video game launch EVER in GTAV. No shit, sales where going to drop this Sep.

Overall Video Game sales are slowly growing. PS4 and XB1 are both selling a faster pace then the 360/PS3 did. They both have a better attach rate then either the 360 or PS3 did at this point in their life.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    That article is a joke seeing as last September had the biggest video game launch EVER in GTAV. No shit, sales where going to drop this Sep.

Overall Video Game sales are slowly growing. PS4 and XB1 are both selling a faster pace then the 360/PS3 did. They both have a better attach rate then either the 360 or PS3 did at this point in their life.
    No source cited

Quote Originally Posted by Baelic View Post
    I think people need to read up on what the product life cycle is in order to understand what is happening to both WoW, CoD, and every other product in existence.
    I'm not sure that applies to a franchise. Otherwise Mario World would be dead and buried by now. To me this has to do with the deal they have with the other CoD studio. They are constantly banging out a new game every year with barely any innovation. I noticed over the last few years instead of everyone making CoD an automatic upgrade, some were just hanging back a title and sitting on that because the next version wasn't worth it. Also you get guys who were skipping the Black Ops line completely. They just milked it dry and as much as I do think CoD is a fun game, they don't deserve automatic $10 billion in preorders for basically changing a few things and repackaging it with a $60 price tag.

Not to mention you have studios actually trying to do something different in recent years like with Planetside 2 and Titanfall. I'll even say Destiny was an attempt to innovate early in it's development, but ended up playing it safe before release and sucking balls by the time it hit the shelves.

Also Gears of War is superior to all these games !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I'm not sure that applies to a franchise. Otherwise Mario World would be dead and buried by now. To me this has to do with the deal they have with the other CoD studio. They are constantly banging out a new game every year with barely any innovation. I noticed over the last few years instead of everyone making CoD an automatic upgrade, some were just hanging back a title and sitting on that because the next version wasn't worth it. Also you get guys who were skipping the Black Ops line completely. They just milked it dry and as much as I do think CoD is a fun game, they don't deserve automatic $10 billion in preorders for basically changing a few things and repackaging it with a $60 price tag.

Not to mention you have studios actually trying to do something different in recent years like with Planetside 2 and Titanfall. I'll even say Destiny was an attempt to innovate early in it's development, but ended up playing it safe before release and sucking balls by the time it hit the shelves.

How could anyone support GoW after Judgement

Quote Originally Posted by Grendizerx View Post
    Advanced Warfare just has to be not as bad as Ghosts and it will be good enough for me.
    There is NO competitor for a CoD series on the multiplayer market today.
    BF = completely another game, with a different shooting model and gameplay.
    Titanfall = easy game, easy shooting, bad players.
    All other games are either free 2 play ( and bad ) or just bad.
    Man, i forgot how bad Counter Strike and Rainbow Six were.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fluffhead View Post
    Man, i forgot how bad Counter Strike and Rainbow Six were.
    I am a huge counter strike fan, can't even count for how long i played it =) It was literally my first online experience.
    But it's time had passed. Global Offensive is a shadow of the former giant.
    And BTW Counter Strike is not a direct competitor to Call of Duty, Call of Duty is a fast paced shooter with respawn ( at least if we are speaking about TDM ), counter strike offers one life per round by default and it changes gameplay a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post

I could agree, but online shooters on consoles = having sex with yourself, and i hardly remember anyone playing it on PC online.

i think its because they went into future tech and shit.
    WORLD POPULATION
    U.S pop 318.2 million,Mexico pop 122.3 million ,Russia 143.5 million S.K 50.22 million China 1.357 billion ,United Kingdom 64.1 million, Europe "as a whole" 742.5 million, Canada 35.16 million, South America 387.5 million,Africa 1.111 billion , Middle east 205 Million , Asia "not counting china" 3.009 B ,Greenland 56k,, Iceland 323k, S/N pole 1k-5k/2k

Quote Originally Posted by Naftc View Post
    i think its because they went into future tech and shit.
    Black Ops 2 started that trend, and that was the best selling CoD of all time. Ghosts, which followed and carried that theme on, didn't do as well, and this is doing even worse.

I suppose it could be that the future tech stuff isn't resonating as well with a lot of folks after the first go, or that CoD simply peaked, which happens to anything.

Deleted
    My opinion is that what hurts call of duty so much is lack of dedicated ranked servers.

My opinion is that what hurts call of duty so much is lack of dedicated ranked servers.

Or because the game play isnt that exciting. Healing from anything from not being shot is lame as hell, Impossible to fail single player, along with no possible different ways to approach any objective sorta takes any excitement out of a game.
    WORLD POPULATION
    U.S pop 318.2 million,Mexico pop 122.3 million ,Russia 143.5 million S.K 50.22 million China 1.357 billion ,United Kingdom 64.1 million, Europe "as a whole" 742.5 million, Canada 35.16 million, South America 387.5 million,Africa 1.111 billion , Middle east 205 Million , Asia "not counting china" 3.009 B ,Greenland 56k,, Iceland 323k, S/N pole 1k-5k/2k

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Haven't touched CoD since MW2 disappointed me massively. Luckily I was one of the early noticers that the series had gone on to a darker and gold paved path.
    CoD4 was definitely the last one I truly enjoyed and loved to play, everything after has been disappointment after disappointment.

Time to go back to WW2 in my mind, though I think it'd be neat for them to take some liberties with history and instead of playing historical battles over and over...do what the old classic Medal of Honor games had done and get some crazy stories in there involving the Nazis. And no, I don't mean zombies.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Naftc View Post
    Or because the game play isnt that exciting. Healing from anything from not being shot is lame as hell, Impossible to fail single player, along with no possible different ways to approach any objective sorta takes any excitement out of a game.
    Are you playing single player on max difficulty ? For example my average KpD in TDM is about 2.5 and i can't say that i finish single player without a single death...
    Concerning "healing from everything" - it takes 3-6 bullets to kill a player ( i am not even counting 2 shot and 1 shot rifles ). Healing is so OP =(

Quote Originally Posted by Valnoressa View Post
    Haven't touched CoD since MW2 disappointed me massively. Luckily I was one of the early noticers that the series had gone on to a darker and gold paved path.
    CoD4 was definitely the last one I truly enjoyed and loved to play, everything after has been disappointment after disappointment.

Time to go back to WW2 in my mind, though I think it'd be neat for them to take some liberties with history and instead of playing historical battles over and over...do what the old classic Medal of Honor games had done and get some crazy stories in there involving the Nazis. And no, I don't mean zombies.

Would probably be good to throw in different full length campaigns as other forces during ww2 and not just u.s or British. 4-5 Full length "20-30 missions" campaigns play as either U.S/Brit/Russia/Nazis/Japan. Would make online a bit more fun when you have a game with that many different sides fighting each other for something.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you playing single player on max difficulty ? For example my average KpD in TDM is about 2.5 and i can't say that i finish single player without a single death...
    Concerning "healing from everything" - it takes 3-6 bullets to kill a player ( i am not even counting 2 shot and 1 shot rifles ). Healing is so OP =(

Hope this doesn't Double post.. But last cod i played was Modern war 2 or w/e it was when russia invaded new york. You could afk and your npc team mates would wipe everyone out. Didn't matter what difficulty and even on hardest of hard you could still completely everything with ease. Yes youd die but the npcs werent random they just did more damage like you but they had one script which was always start here go to a then b attack.
    WORLD POPULATION