Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Scarlet, scarlet briar got converted into a dragon by using the drill.
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Roudene View Post
    ? Please.
    Most likely yes.. or at least I hope so ^_^

I am quite exited about the idea of time-travel.

I also posted this to The One Thread, but people just simply skipped it and continued the pve commander talk.

I "translated" the picture of the ceiling. Are those elder dragons and their relations?

Edit: found reddit talk about it. Here is picture of vision:

So it seems that there is a direct correlation between the image on the top of the room in that screenshot at the vision of the Eternal Alchemy. If that is the case, then we know now the following:
    - Purple orb/Upper Right = Kralkatorric
    - Grey Orb/Middle Right = Mordremoth
    - Pale Blue Orb/ Lower Right = Jormag
    - Orange Orb/ Lower Left = Primordus
    - Green Orb/ Middle Left = Zhaitan
    - Blue Orb/ Upper Left = S (still don't really know the dragon name, but starts with an S now according to the new image, but is almost certainly the deep sea dragon)

And then:
    This definitely seems to make sense. From the Eternal Alchemy cutscene, it is Zhaitan's orb (#4) that is shot into the middle, which I believe is his 'death'. At that moment, the whole screen turns green and is overgrown with what looks like a plant-like material.
    I believe this indicates a balance between dragons, and with Zhaitan and Mordremoth being directly across from one-another, I think when Zhaitan died, his power may have been transferred to Mordremoth.

That would explain why Mordy is so quickly conquering the world at least.
    End then there is this

Deleted
    I'm excited, because I love to explore the new area's. I really enjoy to go on TS with my guild and be 'ooh' and 'ahh' together.

Deleted
    If the transfer theory is right... I wonder what will happen with all that energy after Mord's death.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure at some point someone says something about the dragons awaking on almost a fixed time after a previous dragons death and that the only reason mord woke was because Scarlet hit the leylines and caused, what was most likely a transfer process, to speed up tremendously. As for who gets what power after Mord dies, I dunno, everything seems to go straight across. If anything I'd assume it'd go down to Jormag ONLY because of all the nord, all dragon e'ry day, 'cept no actual dragon, like half story that makes you go OH MAN THEY'RE GONNA FIGHT A DRAGON BUT NOT REALLY MAYBE. Prolly not. All the nords do is scream about Jormag but nothings ever actually happening, which is probably why no one seems to acknowledge their ravings. It'll set up for a big, TOLD YOU SO, if it works out that way.

The only thing is that it's possible mord was well awake before Scarlet did anything. Clearly he's been corrupting before people were aware of him, and I don't think it was just a like influence of his existance, more so that he was probably already awake and not full powered from maybe when Zaitan died, not powerful enough to do too much, but powerful enough to corrupt things in the general vicinity of them (explains why Sylvari are the ones getting all wonked up), and scarlet simply activated him by potentially rerouting the leylines to go directly to him, activating him out of computer sleep mode. (Not on, but not powered off, but you need to wiggle your mouse to actually do something.)

But Ya I totally can agree with the power transfer theory, with the only "peace" time being when powers being moved over to another dragon. Location could have something to do with transfer times.
    Last edited by Tazila; 2014-10-31 at 10:45 PM.

It looks alright, could be cool if there was some time travel involved or something. I just hope the long breaks mean they are working on something bigger. I'll probably come back to play the story, I guess we will have to see how good this next update is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by worprz View Post
    It looks alright, could be cool if there was some time travel involved or something. I just hope the long breaks mean they are working on something bigger. I'll probably come back to play the story, I guess we will have to see how good this next update is.
    Honestly for me, I only really logged in to do the stories, so I maybe only got a few days out of the new content every two weeks. But yea, this break was real long.

first breaks were really short between episodes, we got some very lackluster mini-story-instances and tons of bugs with each release. People in forums were pretty much in unison that they wanted more polished content.

now Anet takes the time to polish bundles of episodes, we got a new map with lots of things to do on that map compared to previous maps. We got meaty story-instances that are on par/even better than the story instances we got at release and miles better than the seaoson 1 story instances (compare: battle vs. Canach with battle vs. Aerin).
    ...and this was only the first half of Season 2.

haters gonna hate

For myself, I liked the pace of Season 1 once they hit their 2/4 week stride. The start may have been random, but at whatever point they said "it'll be every 2 weeks" and it was good. Folks complained that they wanted more meat and content that stuck around, the first part requires more time and so we're at the point we are now.

I also don't really care for the reward system of season2 so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    Well the reward system shifted from temporary achievement rewards to permanent scavenger-hunt like crafting rewards. Mawdrey II, the Amberite weapons, the collections,... personally I really like this shift.

Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    Well the reward system shifted from temporary achievement rewards to permanent scavenger-hunt like crafting rewards. Mawdrey II, the Amberite weapons, the collections,... personally I really like this shift.
    The actual achievements rewards are quite bland though. Shifting the story awards to crafting doesn't feel like shifting since we already had crafted stuff. Mawdrey is a good example, I guess. If the assembly had been more about getting the various parts through the story rather than gathering mats, it would have been a lot more fun. Since I don't run Fractals, I can't finish it anyway, even though Fractals have nothing to do with the story/zone. Foxfires still just seem stupid to me.

I didn't even know there were rewards for doing S2 instances. I just got like trinkets and whatever- which I sold or trashed because whogivesashit.

Huh. Interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    All the people that got Mawdrey and Mawdrey II give a shit Fencers. The least expensive ascended backpiece obtainable in game, with choosable stats, a pet that eats bloodstone dust daily in exchange for gifts, a really great questline that takes you all over Tyria AND all the craftable recipes you learn along with it - daily cooldown recipes that are very profitable.

I hope we get more like this, it's pretty awesome.
    Valar morghulis

For myself, I liked the pace of Season 1 once they hit their 2/4 week stride. The start may have been random, but at whatever point they said "it'll be every 2 weeks" and it was good. Folks complained that they wanted more meat and content that stuck around, the first part requires more time and so we're at the point we are now.

I liked the pacing of Season 1 as well, but I like the content of season 2 more so far.

It seems like they can't have both good pacing and content.

Deleted
    Mawdrey was a hella lot of fun to make. Also now rather affordable I think.
    It has given me pretty good stuff now. Rares and T6 once in a while.

I really want that karma type of thing, but it's way too difficult. I've had all those weapons in the past, but not anymore :'(

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I didn't even know there were rewards for doing S2 instances. I just got like trinkets and whatever- which I sold or trashed because whogivesashit.

Huh. Interesting.
    Season 2 had the components to make the Mawdrey backpack stuff, but mostly was just reward bags. The rest of the stuff was Dry Top, rather than story instances.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by worprz View Post
    I liked the pacing of Season 1 as well, but I like the content of season 2 more so far.

It seems like they can't have both good pacing and content.
    Season 1 was hit or miss in the story elements, probably as a consequence of 4 teams alternating.
    Season 2 has been more consistent, but they probably average out similarly for me. Season 2 does tend to have boss fights that are just way too repetitive for me though. Figure out a pattern and repeat it for 3-20 times...

The cutscenes in Season 2 have been great, and I like the presentation of scenes in character now, but I really wish they'd give your character a voice when you have no dialogue options. The writing is still comic-booky too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Silverbleed View Post
    Mawdrey was a hella lot of fun to make. Also now rather affordable I think.
    I'd think it depends on your Fractal love, really. I know the Foxfire dislike might just be me since the discussion has happened before, so of course YMMV. Since I don't run Fractals, there's no chance of me getting Mawdrey 2.

Season 2 had the components to make the Mawdrey backpack stuff, but mostly was just reward bags. The rest of the stuff was Dry Top, rather than story instances.
    Hm. I never paid attention. I just clicked the little reward thingys that popped on screen.

What exactly is Mawdrey? A backpack skin of a plant, Little Shop of Horrors? That's neat based on the description above.

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    All the people that got Mawdrey and Mawdrey II give a shit Fencers.
    Obviously. I just don't/didn't. Not a collector type or into events. I just play the game and whatever.

Not dismissing the neatness of the backpack. It's seems pretty cool. Most of the stuff you get in GW2 I throw away/sell or don't even loot. I literally don't have the loot key assigned because it began to annoy me having to loot stuff.

What exactly is Mawdrey? A backpack skin of a plant, Little Shop of Horrors? That's neat based on the description above.
    There's I think 3 skins as the backpack "grows" as you forge it. The final form gives you both a backpack and a clickable item. The item, when clicked, consumes bloodstone dust and poops out loot. (up to 4 times a day)

Deleted
    I'd think it depends on your Fractal love, really. I know the Foxfire dislike might just be me since the discussion has happened before, so of course YMMV. Since I don't run Fractals, there's no chance of me getting Mawdrey 2.
    You barely have to run fractals anyway. If you do it for your daily or monthly you're done with both at once.
    I also avoid fractals lately, I made an exception for this one and included my monthly in it.

- - - Updated - - -

Hm. I never paid attention. I just clicked the little reward thingys that popped on screen.

Obviously. I just don't/didn't. Not a collector type or into events. I just play the game and whatever.

Not dismissing the neatness of the backpack. It's seems pretty cool. Most of the stuff you get in GW2 I throw away/sell or don't even loot. I literally don't have the loot key assigned because it began to annoy me having to loot stuff.
    Mawdrey excists in 2 ways. One is the growing plant. You start with seeds and such and let it grow from a rare, to exo to an ascended backpiece (you get to pick the stats). Every type has a different skin.
    When you are at the ascended version, you get two pieces. The Mawdrey ascended backpiece, and Mawdrey II.

Mawdrey II eats your blooddust and exchanges it for little bags you can open.

It was also a bit disappointing that Mawdrey II wasn't like a minipet that visibly ate red dust or something, just an icon in your inventory.