Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    I appreciate trying to give more of a reward for the achievements than more consumables and loot, more of a PvE reward for completing content. Thankfully it's nothing I care about.

I must say though, this new map is excellent. I'm having lots of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by nevermore View Post
    I must say though, this new map is excellent. I'm having lots of fun.
    Doesn't it sort of feel like a WvWvW without opposing players? Or is it just me?

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    Doesn't it sort of feel like a WvWvW without opposing players? Or is it just me?
    I agree. It does feel that way.

I love the new map. Horrified what it's doing to the TP though.

Deleted
    I haven't noticed a big difference in the tp because Halloween fucked it up already. What did it do?

I am still waiting for mithril ore to be hella cheap again as it used to be.

Ancient bones are really cheap. Silk dropped a lot, rares and exotics dropped a lot and so on.
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

They dropped the T5 and 6 Bones like they were candy in the Labyrinth, as they did last year. Between loot bags, treat bags and general drops, lotta silk got generated.

Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    Ancient bones are really cheap. Silk dropped a lot, rares and exotics dropped a lot and so on.
    This is the problem. Rares and exotics are slowly crashing. I played for another hour today and I have 140 odd champ bags and 50+ gear bags. I also have over 100 keys that I am waiting to use. I used to salvage any rare that was under 40s and sell those above. I have put 2 rares on the TP since the patch (axe and GS), everything else has been salvaged. It used to only be clothes that were salvaged. Even the axe and GS were about 25% down on what they used to sell for.

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    There are opposing players in WvWvW?

Jokes aside, coming across enemy players in WvW is more of an ugh, *eyeroll* for me personally since 99% of that game mode is PvE anyway... so this map doesn't really feel that different. Except the enthusiasm that is still there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    This is the problem. Rares and exotics are slowly crashing. I played for another hour today and I have 140 odd champ bags and 50+ gear bags. I also have over 100 keys that I am waiting to use. I used to salvage any rare that was under 40s and sell those above. I have put 2 rares on the TP since the patch (axe and GS), everything else has been salvaged. It used to only be clothes that were salvaged. Even the axe and GS were about 25% down on what they used to sell for.

I don't see it as a problem, they are keeping inflation in check. Precursor crafting in the mystic forge is starting to look interesting again

Remember, t5 affects the prices of many things - material promotion for the price of t6 (which has seen a much smaller drop), rare production (which affects precursor prices, globs of ectoplasm, piles of crystalline dust, etc). It's all interwoven together with precursor prices at the top of the pyramid. The drop in t5 is just starting to affect the other related markets.

The increase in drop rates for rares and exotics is very welcome, Bonetti's Rapier has halved the price of Bloodlust sigils. I'm hearing lots of chatter about exotic drops in Silverwastes, where exotics drop so do precursors and hearing tons of stories of players getting precursor drops in Silverwastes. That's probably why t6 hasn't seen the same level of price drop as t5, it's getting consumed in legendary production.
    Valar morghulis

Really weird that the precursor price hasn't dropped then...
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

Because no one gets precursors....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    Really weird that the precursor price hasn't dropped then...
    Well of course there's a huge pent up demand for them, that hasn't slowed in the least. They get consumed as quickly as they get dropped or created, it's going to take a LOT of downward pressure from lesser tiers to drop precursor prices.
    Valar morghulis

Yeah, this patch is pretty good. The story was very good (loved the library) and the new zone is very fun. Love the one WP idea. Really makes you be careful with what battles you choose.

This game is still a thing?

Please post productively and do not troll. Infracted. -Edge

Wow. Infracted for a legitimate question. Keep it classy Care Bear!

Oh, and your hard on for GW2 is showing...
    Last edited by Zephyr Storm; 2014-11-13 at 10:56 AM.

Deleted
    Watch out guys, a wild edgelord has appeared.

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    I don't see it as a problem, they are keeping inflation in check. Precursor crafting in the mystic forge is starting to look interesting again

Remember, t5 affects the prices of many things - material promotion for the price of t6 (which has seen a much smaller drop), rare production (which affects precursor prices, globs of ectoplasm, piles of crystalline dust, etc). It's all interwoven together with precursor prices at the top of the pyramid. The drop in t5 is just starting to affect the other related markets.

The increase in drop rates for rares and exotics is very welcome, Bonetti's Rapier has halved the price of Bloodlust sigils. I'm hearing lots of chatter about exotic drops in Silverwastes, where exotics drop so do precursors and hearing tons of stories of players getting precursor drops in Silverwastes. That's probably why t6 hasn't seen the same level of price drop as t5, it's getting consumed in legendary production.
    Inflation was never an issue with rares or exotics. The prices have been pretty consistent for a long time. If anything, they have been gradually dropping. The only thing overpriced is precursors. If they wanted to fix that then they could have increased the drop rate or put a system in place where people could craft them over time. Getting an exotic drop should be a cool thing. It should be worth a good amount of gold. Instead they are worth next to nothing. Rares are worth more as mats than they are as the rare. A lot of mats sell for their vendor price on the TP. The economy is wrecked and this will just make it worse.

economy aside, it's just no fun to go through a bag full of loot that's all basically garbage.