Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Welcome to 2005!

I'm glad it happened in time for WoD ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by TomGreen View Post
    Why can't we be fair and put the servers in the middle of Australia so we can all get roughly the same ping? Perth still going to see 50ms minimum :/
    Oh my god. Really? Could we possibly get through ONE single thread without someone mindlessly bitching?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    50ms is a shit ton better than 200ms.
    Like I have said many times before, If Blizzard does it or says it then on these forums it is automatically wrong. No matter what.

10ms is what sex feels like.
    On another note; it only took 10 years!

Congratulations everybody!

10+ Year Old Account
    10ms... I could never even dream of this years ago.
    Aye mate

happy for you guys.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am so glad to have AUS servers but I do worry that now they aren't in the US if something breaks will they take forever to fix it? I am worried about horror possibilities of all the US servers being up and we beginning to experience what the EU servers have which is constant server down.

Before because there were US players and it was hosted in the US its more in their control. Is there a Blizzard arm of the company in AUS or was it outsourced to some random group of people who bid the lowest price in the tendering process.

Anyone with insider information on who owns/set up/maintains the AUS servers?
    Warlord Zeala: Kill the one in the dress!

That awkward moment when you're wearing transmog T2 Judgement legs

Quote Originally Posted by fenrirx View Post
    yeah i just did a few bgs and my world ping was still 200+
    so basically our latency is only better when doing things in the world? but once we join an instance with americans on their servers its back to normal?
    am i missing something?..
    According to the Australian Servers FAQ ..

For PvP, the game will first try to match players on Oceanic realms for Unrated Battlegrounds with other players from their battlegroup. If successful, these groups should be placed on Australian servers. If two teams from within the battlegroup cannot be found, the groups are then made from the broader player pool and are likely to be placed on game servers located on the U.S. West Coast.

For Arena teams and Rated Battlegrounds, Oceanic versus Oceanic matches should take place on Australian servers. Oceanic versus North American matches may take place on servers located on the U.S. West Coast. Whether a team is designated Oceanic or North American is determined by the group leader’s realm.

So, you might end up on a BG instance running on the Aussie servers .. or you might end up on one running in the US WEST pool.

yeh average 20ms.

i am pretty happy

- - - Updated - - -

it just really pays back for WoD

it's sort of something you can foresee but can never guess a date

With success in establishing D3/WoW local AuS server, probably when Heroes of the Storm comes out, hope AUS server will be part of the launch too.

37ms is everything I'd ever hoped for and more. Spell casting is just so smooth! And maining a rogue, I have yet to see 'the target is too far away.'

Finally.

(also I saw someone from the US bitching about his "unplayable" 250ms last night, and I think I almost killed myself laughing)

PM Requests are CLOSED | DevArt | TwitchTV | Zen Pigeons

Quote Originally Posted by Jassinta View Post
    37ms is everything I'd ever hoped for and more. Spell casting is just so smooth! And maining a rogue, I have yet to see 'the target is too far away.'

Finally.

(also I saw someone from the US bitching about his "unplayable" 250ms last night, and I think I almost killed myself laughing)
    Also hear in game of players saying their dps increased just from this change. Don't know how.

If you haven't yet, try playing the dot classes (aff lock, spriest) much more smooth now applying dots.

All these changes can be summarised with one picture.

i3.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/006/077/so_good.png
    Last edited by TomGreen; 2014-10-30 at 06:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TomGreen View Post
    Also hear in game of players saying their dps increased just from this change. Don't know how.

If you haven't yet, try playing the dot classes (aff lock, spriest) much more smooth now applying dots.

All these changes can be summarised with one picture.

i3.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/006/077/so_good.png
    I was just on my Spriest, and that picture most definitely sums up casting any spell now :3

I have a question, if i transfer my character to an aussie server (i live in aus) and do a raid (SoO for example) with my american friends will i be put on their server when inside the instance? am i wasting my time and money transfering my character just for this reason?

I have a question, if i transfer my character to an aussie server (i live in aus) and do a raid (SoO for example) with my american friends will i be put on their server when inside the instance? am i wasting my time and money transfering my character just for this reason?
    As I understand it, it'll go to the server of whoever leads the raid. If you only raid with an american guild, there's not much point unless you do a lot of world PvP.

firstly, it's free transfers (well, refunded transfers) for 2 weeks so you're not really wasting money.
    secondly, if you're joining the raid group of someone from the NA realms everytime you raid then no, there's probably no point, because you'll still be connecting to american data centres everytime you raid. I'm with a mostly Australian guild, hence when it's great for me, because our raids will be getting hosted on australian data centres now.

10+ Year Old Account
    So turns out, the new Oceanic servers doubled my MS from 150 to about 300. I live in Korea. Anyone know of a fix?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iippy/advanced
    I'd prefer my orcs to stand up straight.

Super jealous of the Aus ping, just as good as koreas

Quote Originally Posted by Banquetto View Post
    Yep looking forward to trying it out to see if the improvement is noticeable enough to persuade me to move all my characters (which are on the non-Oceanic server I've been playing on since before Oceanics even existed).
    Goddamn. 7ms ping. I didn't even know I could ping my router that fast.

This is definitely making me thing I might need to move. Only problem is.. the friends I do have already playing on Oceanics are all on Frostmourne. :-|