Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Heroic 25 Wind Lord Mel'Jarak down

Can't believe I didn't notice this before, if you move to drop a stack or 2 of the resin, you will get the duration of debuff refreshed by next resin cast, while you have resin debuff you can't get trapped in prison, didn't end up needing pvp trinket anyway.
    Anyway I killed battle-mender adds on pull with ring+berserk trying to minimise quickening casts, then I spent the next while killing battle menders (glyph fae silence to not miss heal interrupts)
    I was trying to just experiment when I found this strat mid pull and got the kill.
    Once the battle menders died my ring and berserk was back up, pop hotw burst the boss while he has 500% dmg taken debuff, with good rng the boss will just drop in 1 burst but i got him to 20% ish with bad crits or so, finished off the adds that were left after my burst (not sure what does it, but when i pop single target burst on boss all the adds dropped like flies??? some type of hidden cleave i really dont know how i would dmg all the adds so much the healer and amber reinforcements rekt, not that it would have solo harder.) just the melee adds, got another 30 seconds of mega damage, popped incarn and finished boss off.
    Killed with probably worst trinket combo, pvp trinket and seed, next time would go anzu and spinners or something.

edit: stay tuned for my big work in progress, need some sleep now after a solid night of progression but its still possibly very far away, you should see an interesting screenshot soon though.

- - - Updated - - -

http://i.imgur.com/sZ6aYsM.jpg
    Coming soon (not dead yet)
    Last edited by enak101; 2015-12-18 at 05:11 PM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oooohhh, can we expect a kill soon?

Not sure i'm still putting in a decent number of attempts but it's really tough, there's a lot of wipes at the 9-11 minute mark, and then a bunch more at the 17-20 minute mark. Unfortunately the one time I got to p4 in that screenshot I lagged out hard with the loading screen and taking the screenshot and the boss managed to reset (he reset in the intermissions a couple of times too it seems a little buggy but not a major issue) looking to be a tight race for the enrage timer (25 minutes), not sure how long i can realistically live the enrage that is still waiting to be seen.

I'll try my best

edit: unfortunately i got to p4 again and the boss reset again after a few swings a few seconds of aggroing me. bug report filed cause its really weird. might try treants or spinners but both are gonna be a hindrance, maybe if i get spinner usage perfect it wont be bad. and will try target dummy for what its worth.
    Last edited by enak101; 2015-12-21 at 12:59 AM.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8u-CzQ-53c

found this randomly on the youtubes
    25 heroic amber shaper solo
    very creative
    might go in to do 10 heroic this way for spreadsheet sake if i can be bothered (do wanna try and do it in a more 'legit' way as well but dont see it happening.)

Yes, that trinket allows for all manner of cheesing.

Off the top of my head, I can only think of a few situations where you might be able to replicate this sort of trick:

Highmaul: Imperator, summoned swords, assuming those swords don't have a limited duration. If those swords follow you out of portals you can even try Butcher with this. Does not work on mythic, for obvious reasons (which is really a pity.)

HFC: You can use Lord Aram'el's trash for everything in 2nd floor that isn't Socrethar or Velhari? I forgot if the entrance closes after you enter his room, though. And of course you need to survive that much trash. You probably want to kill everything except the summoned mobs (melee summoned mobs can fear you, so maybe use LoS and just leave the ranged imps up?) Will probably need friends and guildies until everything else is dead, most likely.

SoO: Mythic Shamans with the entire valley as padding material? Or Malkorok with the entire barrack. Or, if possible, Thok with the Watchman from Spoils, assuming Spoils can be completed without killing the Watchman.

Quote Originally Posted by Arctagon View Post
    Yes, that trinket allows for all manner of cheesing.
    What he said. I think the actual issue here is that Soul Capacitor does not go below 100% for now, which you can verify by going inside something that squishes your ilvl. Unless they specifically nerf it in Legion so that it deals a very low percentage as explosion damage, everyone's going to be using soul cap for situations like this for every encounter that can potentially be.....simplified, with a generous amount of adds.

Actually, someone should try solo timewalking with soul caps. Monks can probably pull it off, at least.
    See here for my own Mage solo (and sometimes other classes too.)
    And also see this document for my efforts at listing solo kills of every class. Please do not hesitate to message me if there is some kill I have failed to record.

They will probably add a level restriction in Legion so the trinket won't work above, say, level 109.

Yeah we will probably see something similar to the siege trinkets, reduced effectiveness from level 101 and up or something. Some class trinkets will need this treatment anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Normal Imperator Down!

Credit to SignflyTV for the soul cap on trash idea (kinda had the idea before but didn't think numbers could be so huge, aka overlooked its potential)
    Credit to Isaac for thinking to use it on Imp due to the councillor that summons sword adds infinitely.
    Credit to me for kiting swords in a circle for 20 minutes plus multiple times for a good pull and figuring out what numbers i was looking at etc.

14 second kill according to bigwigs so rank 1 speedkill by quite a bit haha (don't usually log though unfortunately). 1st soul cap was 5m damage off, 2nd proc finished him off (need to delay it a few seconds, and sprint over to make sure the 2nd explosion only hits boss), to kill him in just 1 soul cap you would need mythic warforged soul cap with crazy good RNG i believe.

Councillor Gorluk spamming summon phantasmal wep was my source of soul cap damage. Kited them for ~23 minutes so there was probably 180-200 adds up. You can notice in my screenshot I have no buffs, this has something to do with a 'limit' on buffs and debuffs, at a certain number of adds my buffs started disappearing, luckily my 2nd soul cap proc wasn't cancelled at a bad time. Kiting them fairly easy in the end, took a few pulls to figure out what i could get away with and what movement was worth doing.
    Last edited by enak101; 2015-12-27 at 02:19 PM.

Nice one!

They probably will nerf it yes, though I sort of hope they'll forget to nerf it below 100%, just to see what madness you can cause with it.

Also, had some other ideas that probably won't work but might:

SoO: the sludges that spawn from Immerseus area. If you can avoid killing those water elemental they should keep spawning, but not sure if they still spawn after Immerseus is defeated. If they do you can blow Sha up with it.
    (Also, I have tried and confirmed that the Spoils Watchman does not need to die to start the Spoils encounter, nor will he engage you once the encounter starts. However, it is possible that he will disappear after Spoils is completed.)

HFC: Archimonde. Not very likely, since Infernals do immolation damage and Doomguards cast cripple. If you can survive the Infernal damage it might be possible.
    And also see this document for my efforts at listing solo kills of every class. Please do not hesitate to message me if there is some kill I have failed to record.

Would you be able to use this trick to do heroic and/or other Highmaul bosses (particularly Butcher like Isaac said)?
    Last edited by Saiyendra; 2015-12-27 at 03:53 PM.

Cho'gall. And the fact that mythic has no councillors.

There comes a point where adds will kill you while you're padding soul capacitor damage anyhow, and it might not be enough for 140M even if there are councillors in mythic.

EDIT: blah, edited. Well, I can't see why not, unless something I forgot changes between normal and heroic in Highmaul.

EDIT2: He mentioned in PM that swords despawn/reset if you take the portal out of Imperator's Rise, which is really unfortunate.

Though, that definitely is a speedkill possibility. 2 tanks, 18 rogues, cloak of shadows on, whack infernals, blow up Mythic Archimonde.
    (BTW, does anyone know for sure if Archimonde heals for 10%, or heals to 50% at the beginning of p3?)
    Last edited by isaac2314; 2015-12-27 at 04:00 PM.

If I remember it right Cho'gall has his own enrage timer, which no one ever saw, I think, since his usual abilities act as soft enrages and kill you fast enough. None of them makes it mechanically impossible, but I highly doubt you can survive all those numbers.
    Besides, you still need an alternative source of padding material for soul capacitor.

I'll have another look at the swords i just know they despawn if I was too far away but there's a couple of other things to try, but I think overall the mobs cant take the portals anyway. I'd like to see what I can do with butcher but i think its too hard to get enough trash outside of things that infinitely spawn/respawn

Quote Originally Posted by isaac2314 View Post
    (BTW, does anyone know for sure if Archimonde heals for 10%, or heals to 50% at the beginning of p3?)
    The word is that he heals to 50%. Sorry!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUpq28uyMuI

Heroic Sha downed by a boomy so that can be checked off (completes heroic siege besides galakras though in the video i believe he does as much of a solo as is possible)
    His H Garrosh solo as boomy is also pretty impressive.

Kromog Solo, as boomy!!

Saw that a spriest soloed this boss so thought I had to give it a go with my offspec. 730 equipped though im only losing most of my ilvl because of BRF ring,cloak,neck. My ring is 753 ilvl. DPS was cut fairly close, natures vigil definitely the best self healing talent for it.

25 normal mode

Tsulong (decent dps check needed some hotw burst RNG, had to heal last few % with healing touch + ring)
    Lei Shi (RNG check topkek)
    Sha (joke)

starting the solo'ing now that I have:

Seed of creation Heroic (Upgraded 2/2)
    4 piece tier set
    715 ring (not legendary )

But where to start? I took the talents from the OP + glyphs/rotation from Icy Veins (just standard tanking). Is there anything that deviates from this? I am mostly just looking in killing world bosses in Pandaria

Looking at the OP the extra notes I would throw in is.

Incarnation can work out even better with the ring (once legendary) since you always have a cd ready for each ring usage.

Treants can actually be good still. Technically the most burst if the fight is going to be over in a very short amount of time. (Treants with HOTW and Ring can do over 1 million damage). Can also be used for a variety of techniques such as stopping a boss from resetting, keeping threat on 1 boss in a council type fight (this was my original twin ogrons strat, to keep the 1 doing the debuff far away with treants but then I hit enrage)

Would pretty much always go HOTW unless something was a zero dps check and decent survival check, in which case Dream of Cenarius may be better but I don't think I've ever even bothered with it.

Glyph of Fae Silence is a 2nd interrupt that can be used from range which has its uses, the rest just use how you like pretty much.

Seed of Creation is pretty damn good for any type of survival check (see my dark animus 25 heroic solo). I've never used 4 piece tier set for a solo but I was considering it for Twin Ogrons since thats a fight you would want to use SD a fair bit.

Well, did some MoP content:

MSV -> Spirit Kings fucked me over with pindown, no matter how much I would run around it would hit me. ended up getting a friend to help out.

Terrace -> Does the sha teleport you with only 1 player? Because I really needed lay on hands from the paladin to survive that.
    Also, how do you reset the Spray stacks on Lei Shi? Oo only by being lucky with intermissions?