Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, its the only way to kill shannox on 25hc as balance afaik, to avoid the boss resetting just make sure you stay near her when she transitions into the air and don't take the feathers too early as it tends to reset when you get blown into the air as the boss is flying away, atleast that's what I've experienced.

Quote Originally Posted by Arctagon View Post
    Is it even possible to engage Nefarian before killing Chimaeron? Also, have you soloed the 25-man heroic raids you mention in your post yourself? If so, can you tell me exactly what you have and haven't killed?
    Yes, everything I posted previously I personally soloed as Guardian, which was:

25H BWD
    25H BoT
    25H FL
    25H DS through Hagara
    First two bosses of normal 10man MSV

And pretty much all previous xpac content, haven't done Baradin's Hold since I'm busy doing other stuff.

As I mentioned with Chimaeron, the mastery bubble will persist after the fight is over, so there's no need to double-pull Nef with it (if that were even possible). Massacre is the specific mechanic that causes the huge mastery bubble, and I tend to have 200-300k absorb left after I kill heroic Nef.

25H V&T hasn't had an adjustment to the Blackout mechanic, so I just stacked stam, tanking meta, and the legendary tanking cloak in case the world ended. While it was slightly overkill (was testing Rook's on the mechanic, doesn't work FYI), I'd usually have the meta proc + SI for the first blackout and Barkskin + SI for the second to comfortably live... just make sure to pop it via FR when your cooldowns are up.

25H Baleroc I actually just tried HotW kitty as Guardian, and I managed to kill him before I got a Decimation Blade. Did not require Alysrazor buff to do it.

I'll try to pump up the DPS on Ultraxion 25N to see how 25H Spine/Madness are solo. HotW kitty may be enough to push it, as I tried Feral spec and actually did worse than Guardian for some odd reason. Self-healing requirement is pretty steep for Ultraxion, unless they fixed it recently.
    Last edited by exochaft; 2014-10-30 at 07:09 AM.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

10+ Year Old Account
    last week on my kitty I solod 10h ds up to spine!! should update that

- - - Updated - - -

mind you im a 550 full pvp kitty, no pve trinks/cloak
    Dear frozen yogurt, you are the celery of desserts. Be ice cream or be nothing.

Deleted
    Firelands 25N

Conclave 25N (Balance)
    Al'akir 25N (Balance)

Morchok 25N (Guardian)
    Warlord Zon'ozz 25N (Balance, didn't bounce)
    Yor'sahj 25N (Guardian, wanted to pull all the trash too :P)
    Hagara 25N (Balance)
    Ultraxion 25N (Balance)
    Warmaster 25N (Balance)
    **skipped Spine with save on other char**
    Madness 25N (Balance, lolstarfall on the last platform)

Halfus 25N (Balance, no Slate Dragon)
    V&T 25N (Balance, for Blackout I used Bear + Barkskin + Fortitude scroll)
    Council 25N (Balance)
    Cho'gall 25N (Balance)

Magmaw 25N (Balance)
    Omnotron 25N (Balance)
    Chimaeron 25N (Balance)
    Atramedes 25N (Balance)
    Maloriak 25N (Balance)
    Nefarian 25N (Balance)

Killed Conclave 25N as Balance, not perfectly though. Basically kill the first, go to the second and attack letting dots finish him off as you go to the last. The haste debuff is annoying, not really sure on it's mechanics or if it's just one of those soloing pitfalls.

Tried Al'akir 25HC as Balance, might be possible with Drums or better gear (I'm only 578), but did kill it on normal mode.
    Last edited by mmocbd02567a48; 2014-10-30 at 11:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arctagon View Post
    It seems I was wrong. He gave me the impression that he was soloing it, but I asked him today, and he said that he brought a friend. Sorry. I've put Anub'arak TotGC 25 as not done again.
    I've done H25 Anub alone as Guardian, and it does take very careful HP management. You need to keep your health below 10k at all times during the locust phase to not heal him to full.
    I don't recommend using the juggernaut crystal, since it makes your burst a moot point. You do more damage and heal yourself for more... which heals Anub for more too.

Soloed 25H DS as feral 586 ilvl, guardian for spine (mainly due to being lazy but might actually be easier as feral since i had some trouble killing the tendon as guardian)

Ultraxion was pretty damn close, got him right as he was about to kill the aspects, first boss as long as you time your SI charges correctly will be fine but I did end the fight as bear as I ran out of cooldowns to pop and stomp was taking around 80-85% of my health without CDs rest was pretty easy. Its a dps check for some of the bosses tho, you can't let ultraxion cast or the dragon in the gunship get his health absorb debuff on you as I believe it might be bugged and doing a 100k absorb atm, had to save cds and burst the dragon down before she could cast.

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    snip

Killed Conclave 25N as Balance, not perfectly though. Basically kill the first, go to the second and attack letting dots finish him off as you go to the last. The haste debuff is annoying, not really sure on it's mechanics or if it's just one of those soloing pitfalls.

Tried Al'akir 25HC as Balance, might be possible with Drums or better gear (I'm only 578), but did kill it on normal mode.
    haste debuff comes from either frost or wind guy having no one on his platform. nature guy does a healin reduc

The haste debuff is annoying, not really sure on it's mechanics or if it's just one of those soloing pitfalls.
    The mechanic is called Chiling Winds and is cast by Nezir (the blue djinn) when he's not engaged.

One-shot Anub'arak 25H as Feral earlier. Didn't even try as Guardian. Just tunnel visioined him, paying no heed to any mechanics whatsoever.

I updated the initial post with notes on the Wrath raids, and kills.

Quote Originally Posted by -Doko- View Post
    Soloed 25H DS as feral 586 ilvl, guardian for spine (mainly due to being lazy but might actually be easier as feral since i had some trouble killing the tendon as guardian)

Ultraxion was pretty damn close, got him right as he was about to kill the aspects, first boss as long as you time your SI charges correctly will be fine but I did end the fight as bear as I ran out of cooldowns to pop and stomp was taking around 80-85% of my health without CDs rest was pretty easy. Its a dps check for some of the bosses tho, you can't let ultraxion cast or the dragon in the gunship get his health absorb debuff on you as I believe it might be bugged and doing a 100k absorb atm, had to save cds and burst the dragon down before she could cast.
    Figured out my issue... being Feral only works well when you're in Feral gear! But yeah, Ultraxion is still pretty close that likely requires around 580 Feral gear to work (tried HotW Guardian, just can't cut it right now). I went Inc/NV since that let me ignore healing myself for most of the encounter, and Drums of Rage are probably a good idea for anyone else wanting to try it.

Gunship is probably easier as Guardian versus Feral, as the healing debuff is pretty easy to knock off (loving Cenarion Ward with Resolve for harder soloing stuff). I just nuked Warmaster since he takes Goriana's HP when he gets low and makes her disappear anyways.

I don't think I'd want to try Spine as Feral, since the blood debuff + healing absorb could get pretty dangerous even as Guardian... plus you can't really speed up the encounter by going Feral anyways, unless one cannot kill a Tendon in one plate lift as Guardian (pretty close in +580 gear, maybe spec Incarnation if burst is troublesome).

Madness, other than some quirky bugs such as Assault occuring on wrong platforms and being stuck trying to jump back and forth across platforms (if you have this issue, Displacer Beast when you land on the correct platform to stop) wasn't too bad as Guardian. Most dangerous part is the Parasite, as it nukes your HP like no one's business. I pop Cenarion Ward around 6 seconds remaining, and it basically heals you to full over the duration thanks to Resolve.

Anyways, my final verdict is:

25H Ultraxion is definitely doable as Feral, probably Moonkin, too.
    25H Warmaster/Spine/Madness pretty easy as Guardian
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    Madness, other than some quirky bugs such as Assault occuring on wrong platforms and being stuck trying to jump back and forth across platforms
    I noticed this too, and thanks for the DB tip. Luckily I was Balance so could just kill the tentacle from the other platform.

- - - Updated - - -

Woop, just done Elegon 10 as Balance. Thanks to the hotfix I had enough DPS to push it

Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    Figured out my issue... being Feral only works well when you're in Feral gear! But yeah, Ultraxion is still pretty close that likely requires around 580 Feral gear to work (tried HotW Guardian, just can't cut it right now). I went Inc/NV since that let me ignore healing myself for most of the encounter, and Drums of Rage are probably a good idea for anyone else wanting to try it.

Gunship is probably easier as Guardian versus Feral, as the healing debuff is pretty easy to knock off (loving Cenarion Ward with Resolve for harder soloing stuff). I just nuked Warmaster since he takes Goriana's HP when he gets low and makes her disappear anyways.

I don't think I'd want to try Spine as Feral, since the blood debuff + healing absorb could get pretty dangerous even as Guardian... plus you can't really speed up the encounter by going Feral anyways, unless one cannot kill a Tendon in one plate lift as Guardian (pretty close in +580 gear, maybe spec Incarnation if burst is troublesome).

Madness, other than some quirky bugs such as Assault occuring on wrong platforms and being stuck trying to jump back and forth across platforms (if you have this issue, Displacer Beast when you land on the correct platform to stop) wasn't too bad as Guardian. Most dangerous part is the Parasite, as it nukes your HP like no one's business. I pop Cenarion Ward around 6 seconds remaining, and it basically heals you to full over the duration thanks to Resolve.

Anyways, my final verdict is:

25H Ultraxion is definitely doable as Feral, probably Moonkin, too.
    25H Warmaster/Spine/Madness pretty easy as Guardian
    I used drums flask and a pot for ultraxion, its really tight.
    Killing the tendon as guardian was a pain, went HOTW cat for first, incarnation bear for 2nd (still super close, lot easier if you pot, I forgot) and just chilled until hotw was back up for th3 3rd since its impossible to die as guardian unless you go afk, if you need rage there's plenty of bloods to thrash and insta rage cap.

Deleted
    Just soloed Ji'kun 10 (Balance 578 ilvl). The damage intake is huge, so you spend a lot of the fight spamming Healing Touch. I highly recommend Runescroll of Fortune for it, or just wait until 100 :P

Quote Originally Posted by -Doko- View Post
    I used drums flask and a pot for ultraxion, its really tight.
    Killing the tendon as guardian was a pain, went HOTW cat for first, incarnation bear for 2nd (still super close, lot easier if you pot, I forgot) and just chilled until hotw was back up for th3 3rd since its impossible to die as guardian unless you go afk, if you need rage there's plenty of bloods to thrash and insta rage cap.
    Should probably say that I found Spine "easy" because the gear setup was ilvl 587 and didn't run into any Tendon issues or tight timers. However, it's not the end of the world if you need a 2nd lift of a plate, especially towards the end of the encounter when oozes are streaming out. Regardless, it's probably good practice for everyone to carry pots and Drums of Rage in case one needs a little more oomph.
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Have been busy in the last few days, but updated the thread now that I had the time. Changed a little in the initial part and added notes on Cataclysm bosses.

Al'akir 25H should be very easy as Balance when geared. Either walk next to the boss, or use defensives for the end of the Electrocute channel (damage increases with time). On Heroic, keep in mind if you constantly are in melee that besides melee hits (relatively mild) you will also be interrupted every so often, but for a short duration.

Don't be afraid to use Heart of the Wild + Rejuv or even Bear Form for a bit to heal up.

Conclave 25H doesn't seem doable as any spec until the ridiculous damage from the "not on platform" debuffs is more manageable and/or Level 100.
    Last edited by nightfalls; 2014-11-05 at 01:03 AM. Reason: added tips

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I managed to zerg Sinestra 25 hc and Alizabal 25 this reset as Balance, this was with a 588 ilvl.

Quote Originally Posted by nightfalls View Post
    Conclave 25H doesn't seem doable as any spec until the ridiculous damage from the "not on platform" debuffs is more manageable and/or Level 100.
    You basically treat it like you had to prior to 6.0: platform hop to reset the the stacking aura damage and whittle down the boss(es) while there. I run it every week on several druids as Guardian, each with varying levels of gear and slightly adjusted strategies for them. If your gear is awesome, you can kill all 3 before one of them resurrects. If your gear is decently good, you can kill Anshal, put a little damage into Nezir, then start pumping damage into Rohash... get back to Anshal before 90 energy to heal/kill him followed by finishing the other two off since they're lower (pretty deadly to be on those two platforms with the healing debuff active). If your gear really isn't great, the more traditional strat is to alternate killing Anshal and Rohash while shaving off Nezir's health (since he has the most) then killing all 3 when their combined HP is low enough to prevent them from resurrecting.
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Finished all of BWD 25H as Balance as well, thanks Hypasonic for giving me the inspiration by showing it was possible.

As anyone tried BoT as a moonkin though? I can't see Ascendant Council and forward on as very tough, but Halfus will stack a -96% healing taken debuff extremely quickly on Heroic. Valiona of course has Blackout which without the squish isn't survivable easily as non-Guardian (250k on Heroic).
    Last edited by nightfalls; 2014-11-05 at 12:28 PM.

Deleted
    As anyone tried BoT as a moonkin though? I can't see Ascendant Council and forward on as very tough, but Halfus will stack a -96% healing taken debuff extremely quickly on Heroic. Valiona of course has Blackout which without the squish isn't survivable easily as non-Guardian (250k on Heroic).
    I got Halfus down, but it was very close. I'm going to wait for 100 before doing V&T due to Blackout.

Finished all of BWD 25H as Balance as well, thanks Hypasonic for giving me the inspiration by showing it was possible.

I was still getting pretty absurd healing during the halfus encounter, despite the 96% healing reduction... Considering I was wearing [Juggernaut's Focusing Crystal] at the time, it makes me think Leech healing ignores healing reductions.

EDIT: Oh, you were talking about balance soloing, not guardian soloing. My bad. (Granted, you could still get the crystal if you switch loot spec to guardian on Juggernaut...)