Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Its inflammatory. It also has nothing to do with Judaism or the jews as a people. Its a criticism of Israeli government policy and that is it.
    Ok, what criteria do you adhere to when discerning between legitimate criticism of Israel and antisemitism?

Someone in the obama administration calling someone else chickenshit.

lol, hi pot, meet kettle.

Quote Originally Posted by Merkava View Post
    Ok, what criteria do you adhere to when discerning between legitimate criticism of Israel and antisemitism?
    Do you have a hard time telling the difference between the Israeli Government and Judaism as a whole? Because I don't. They're very different.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/article/2555390/

It looks like this is the end for the apartheid occupation -- once the US abandons its support for the apartheid occupation, then it will face binding resolutions from the UNSC, and a probable SA-style isolation treatment.

xzzx
    Israel is not the country on the south peak of Africa. Common mistake but no. Apartheid was some where else. Also Apartheid occupation? does that even make sense?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post

Pretty much that exactly.
    You're a towel.

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post

I'm just waiting for someone to accuse the Obama Administration of not supporting Israel enough.

Oh well, their lobbying arm will do just fine in a pinch.
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey, instead of being so concerned about the ethnic cleansing in another country, why not worry about what turkey is doing to the Kurds? Oh, that is right, Turkey can do no wrong! Long live the ottoman empire!
    You're a towel.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    Hey, instead of being so concerned about the ethnic cleansing in another country, why not worry about what turkey is doing to the Kurds? Oh, that is right, Turkey can do no wrong! Long live the ottoman empire!
    Turkey violate international extradition agreements too.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    Lol I know right.

Fact is no one gives a shit about the paleosimians (spelling, my bad), end of story.

Do you have a hard time telling the difference between the Israeli Government and Judaism as a whole? Because I don't. They're very different.
    No, criticism of Israel can be antisemitic, just as criticism of Judiasim can be legitimately non antisemitic. That shouldn't be so hard to comprehend.

Quote Originally Posted by Merkava View Post
    No, criticism of Israel can be antisemitic, just as criticism of Judiasim can be legitimately non antisemitic. That shouldn't be so hard to comprehend.
    Calling the Israeli policy towards Palestine apartheid is in no way a judgment on the Judaic faith. Your complaints are fairly silly.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Calling the Israeli policy towards Palestine apartheid is in no way a judgment on the Judaic faith. Your complaints are fairly silly.
    It is however an insult to those who suffered apartheid to compare the two.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    Certain people would be against literally anything Israel does. It has nothing to do with faith (To most) it has more to do with Hating israel being the trendy cool thing to do.
    You're a towel.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    I think many would find it apt. I'm not interested in defending the merits of the claim so much as I'm interested in pointing out the absurdity of calling it anti Semitic.

Did you read my reply that you linked? I'll post it again here.
    Criticism of Israel can be antisemitic, just as criticism of Judiasim can be legitimately non antisemitic. That shouldn't be so hard to comprehend.
    Tell me what you don't understand about that.

I understand it quite fine. Your complaint still has no merit.

10+ Year Old Account
    "“The good thing about Netanyahu is that he’s scared to launch wars,” the official told Goldberg, explaining the meaning behind calling the leader of an ally a “chickenshit.”"

sounds to me like thats a challenge to Israel to launch a full on war against Hamas
    You're a towel.

Says you, who made you the expert, a PHD from the University of Snark?

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually, it does. he is saying it CAN be anti-semitic, but it can also NOT be..how does that not have merit? You don't think there are people that hate Israel because they are a different religion in that area? :P

Considering the OP's post history on this matter, including a certain picture spam thread that got deleted by the mods, I pretty much agree with ANYONE that does not agree with him.
    You're a towel.

Yes or no. Is any criticism of the State of Israel immune to being labeled antisemitism?