10+ Year Old Account

Garrison achievements obtained

I ran into this player just a bit ago, any idea how the Death Stalker and Orcslayer achievements are available already?
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...37:15238:a9517

Deleted
    there was a bug when 6.0 released where people were randomly getting Draenor achievements, so far as i know the bug has now been fixed.

Deleted
    Obvious bug is obvious.

Another thing is - is he aware of that he has those achievements and does the use the titles? If he does,report his ass and ban hammer will deal with him.

Quote Originally Posted by AcidGreen View Post
    Obvious bug is obvious.

Another thing is - is he aware of that he has those achievements and does the use the titles? If he does,report his ass and ban hammer will deal with him.
    Yeah because we all know using a title gives you an advantage over others right? Let's ban him because of Blizzard's own incompetence!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kektonic View Post
    Yeah because we all know using a title gives you an advantage over others right? Let's ban him because of Blizzard's own incompetence!
    Blizzard shouldve hotfixed that shit a long time ago - no one is arguing about that But if he wears the title - thats an exploit of that bug.
    Shouldve opened a ticket and a thread on official forums.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have seen people with titles and WoD achieves running around because of this bug, but my lord are you guys seriously butt hurt and/or jealous of someone who got a bugged achieve and is using the title that was given to him because of Blizzard's own incompetence? It gives him an advantage over the rest of us right? Oh wait.

There are people that have multiple accounts on one Battle.net account that if they did CMs with just one character, but the rest of their characters were also logged in, they received a mount/CM gear even though they did not actually do them on certain characters. Blizzard did not give 2 shits and left them alone.

Bugs are bugs. Broken game is broken, stop whining just because it did not happen to you.

Blizzard shouldve hotfixed that shit a long time ago - no one is arguing about that But if he wears the title - thats an exploit of that bug.
    Shouldve opened a ticket and a thread on official forums.
    I've got a guildmate who got some of the pvp titles. He put in a ticket the day of 6.0. Nothing was done so he said fuck it and kept wearing it. I don't blame him one bit and neither should anyone else.

Obvious bug is obvious.

Today I learned that using something that Blizzard gave you is an exploit.

Belated edit: In before someone mentions that shirt thing someone got that would auto-kill bosses for you.
    Last edited by Trubo; 2014-10-30 at 06:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Today I learned that using something that Blizzard gave you is an exploit.

Belated edit: In before someone mentions that shirt thing someone got that would auto-kill bosses for you.
    That was an exploit and so is this. The achievements should be stripped and earned properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    That was an exploit and so is this. The achievements should be stripped and earned properly.
    Exploiting is something you do on purpose. I saw a guy log in and get "Lord of War" shortly after 6.0. All he did was log in and it unlocked. It's dumb that the game thinks he earned it but he isn't using an exploit.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    Exploiting is something you do on purpose. I saw a guy log in and get "Lord of War" shortly after 6.0. All he did was log in and it unlocked. It's dumb that the game thinks he earned it but he isn't using an exploit.
    If he's wearing the title or using an item gained from receiving the achievement, its an exploit and a bannable offense. If the person reports it to blizzard when they find out then they should be fine.

Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

If he's wearing the title or using an item gained from receiving the achievement, its an exploit and a bannable offense. If the person reports it to blizzard when they find out then they should be fine.
    You should look up the term exploit, it's really not what you're describing. Like at all. Just stop pretending to be a Blizzard employee already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    You should look up the term exploit, it's really not what you're describing. Like at all. Just stop pretending to be a Blizzard employee already.
    You should actually take a skim through the terms of service. Everyone has to agree to it when they play the game. It's an exploit and it should be punished. People should not be allowed to retain achievements that were earned before they are even possible to be obtained legitimately.

I am surprised at all the people that think he deserves to be permanently banned from the game for wearing a title he received on patch day.

You should actually take a skim through the terms of service. Everyone has to agree to it when they play the game. It's an exploit and it should be punished. People should not be allowed to retain achievements that were earned before they are even possible to be obtained legitimately.
    I think YOU should read to ToS. You will not be banned for using a title that the game mistakenly gave you. If they (Blizzard) don't revoke the titles from affected accounts, then they solely are to blame. Wearing a title =/= exploit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinyc View Post
    I think YOU should read to ToS. You will not be banned for using a title that the game mistakenly gave you. If they (Blizzard) don't revoke the titles from affected accounts, then they solely are to blame. Wearing a title =/= exploit.
    It is irrelevant that they mistakenly gave it to the player, its not possible to obtain the achievements legitimately and hasn't been for the past couple of weeks. If you are wearing a title or using an item/mount that is not obtainable currently through normal gameplay, it is an exploit and is a bannable offense.

You're trying too hard.

Also congratulations on contributing nothing to a 2 week old conversation.

It is irrelevant that they mistakenly gave it to the player, its not possible to obtain the achievements legitimately and hasn't been for the past couple of weeks. If you are wearing a title or using an item/mount that is not obtainable currently through normal gameplay, it is an exploit and is a bannable offense.
    This word, I do not think it means what you think it means. The people that petitioned when they got something they were not supposed to have, never heard back from anyone, and are now wearing a title they did not earn are not exploiting anything. That's like saying that if I found $1000 on the ground, turned it in to the police station, no one ever claimed it and then the police gave it back to me I was somehow exploiting the owner of that money. It's not an exploit. If you reported it and nothing was done about it then you are well within your rights to use it.

It's funny you quote that post because since my original post he's submitted TWO more tickets about it.

Blizzard still apparently doesn't care about it. He's still wearing it. This is now beyond the point of giving a fuck on either side.