Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    1 expansion mastery does not make it iconic.
    It was there in the form of Lightning Overload talent since TBC.

Quote Originally Posted by whyabadi View Post
    It was there in the form of Lightning Overload talent since TBC.
    And was removed in cata. Once again because it wasnt iconic.

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    And was removed in cata. Once again because it wasnt iconic.
    LoL

The reason why it was transformed into our Mastery is that it was Iconic!

So everybody who want to be a Ele wont miss that talent!

Ele = Overload = Multistrike ( WoD )

We are the turrets of Draenor!

Quote Originally Posted by Mordog View Post
    LoL

So everybody who want to be a Ele wont miss that talent!

Ele = Overload = Multistrike ( WoD )

We are the turrets of Draenor!

Turrets do good damage :/

Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    Old mastery, it made for me the Shaman very iconic. Now every class have the new multistrike.
    Multistrike was tweaked for elemental specifically to retain the same feel that our old mastery had. If you play other classes you'll find that other classes do not recast the animation for the spell when their multistrike procs, but elemental does. Blizzard recognized that it felt iconic to many and took steps to preserve that exact feeling for elemental.
    I love arguing! BRING ON THE TROLLS!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...twiki/advanced - Contributor to Stormearthandlava.com

Quote Originally Posted by Gistwiki View Post
    Multistrike was tweaked for elemental specifically to retain the same feel that our old mastery had. If you play other classes you'll find that other classes do not recast the animation for the spell when their multistrike procs, but elemental does. Blizzard recognized that it felt iconic to many and took steps to preserve that exact feeling for elemental.
    this is only true for spells like cl. all bullet based spells do create a new bullet when ms is triggered. the difference to the old mastery is that the ms bullets are short behind the original one so it is hard to see them visual. overload had some time gap between the animations (perhaps it was calculated on hit and ms is on cast?)

Deleted
    The old mastery was actually a decent one, the new one isn't. It's an over glorified uncontrollable auto attack. It doesn't help with AoE, it keeps DPSing stuff you don't want to dps anymore, it's slow to start up, I'm not entirely sure whether or not it actually scales with haste and the portion of "earth quake increased dmg" just sums up what's wrong with WoD ele.

I despise EQ, it is so not fun.

Turrets do good damage :/
    Well, if "All the downsides whthout advantages to offset them" isn't iconic for WoD shaman, nothing is! :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    Well, if "All the downsides whthout advantages to offset them" isn't iconic for WoD shaman, nothing is! :P
    It kinda is but they could've taken this one iconic thing and thrown it out of the window. We have below mediocre sustained damage, no real burst damage anymore, we're also as durable as wet paper (tunnel the blue), our CC is bad, our utility is now also bad. Actually, what do we have left going for us at this point? :|

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    A Shaman for me is known for its moving on the run, big lava burst hits, totems and chain lightning.

So far there is only two left

Deleted
    A Shaman for me is known for its moving on the run, big lava burst hits, totems and chain lightning.

So far there is only two left
    they have the ability to run...
    and have some totems :P

Quote Originally Posted by Mordog View Post
    It was iconic to Elemental but it wasn't unique since Cata.

Arms / MM / Combat had similiar Mastery effects to Elemental Overload.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    It was iconic to Elemental but it wasn't unique since Cata.

Arms / MM / Combat had similiar Mastery effects to Elemental Overload.
    Thats true, but we was the first.

But it doesnt matter, we cant change anything.

I am " statisfied " with our new Mastery ( its much better as the first one we got in Beta ) in my eyes and i am happy that the Overload Style still exists in form of our advanced Multistrike´s.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dat Guy View Post
    Glad I mained this spec during Mists. Movin' on now..
    That summarizes 99% of the ongoing ele discussion for me. Ele had its time in the sun, don't expect it to be neeeearly as enjoyable from here on. For a long ass time.

I've learned not to think much about "fixing" a class blizzard butchered. I just move on and play something else now.

How is it possible to ruin such fun class!! ARGH, get's me soo mad! I was soo 100% sure to main or alt a Ele Shaman in WoD.

Deleted
    Any chance that Blizzard will put in a last minute for Elemental Shamans that make them valuable in PvP in WoD?

Also, playing turret dos in pop feels really old fashioned and clunky