YouTube now supports 60 FPS videos...

Supported with Chrome and Internet Explorer 11 (apparently, haven't tested it).

A couple of examples...

Pretty sweet. This is going to greatly improve game play videos.

Hooray for motion sickness! Elite 4, Arena Commander videos; here I come! *Grabs a bowl*

everyone knows you can't see above 30 fps

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    everyone knows you can't see above 30 fps
    But you can perceive it.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    But you can perceive it.
    Sounds like he was being sarcastic. You can definitely see more than 30fps.
    • Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
      Fashion magazines not trying to appeal to men is misogyny.
    • lol

Quote Originally Posted by jordonus View Post
    Sounds like he was being sarcastic. You can definitely see more than 30fps.
    Definitely

Isn't the lowest unobtrusive number of frames per second 24. I didn't know our eyes have such a small gap of just 6 frames per second!!!

Next you're going to tell me by brain can only hold 12mb of data.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    The videos don't look like anything special, and I've seen 60 fps streams and gameplay; this isn't it.
    I had to go to youtube proper to get it to work. It wasn't playing 60 embedded here.

I can definitely see the difference. It's like when I first started watching TV on a 120hz screen, and things just looked strange.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

But.. but.. 30fps is more cinematic..
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Quote Originally Posted by Gourmandise View Post
    Definitely

Isn't the lowest unobtrusive number of frames per second 24. I didn't know our eyes have such a small gap of just 6 frames per second!!!

Next you're going to tell me by brain can only hold 12mb of data.
    That's why you install an 80GB hard drive. You can even compress data on it! I'd bet you'd be able to squeeze in 320GB in that brain then.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaltione View Post
    That's why you install an 80GB hard drive. You can even compress data on it! I'd bet you'd be able to squeeze in 320GB in that brain then.
    Just use a doubler and it should all be fine! Definitely won't be any leakage.

Looks great. The embedded videos don't work and it's probably something Youtube needs to address.

Hoping to see some trailers (Movies and Games) take advantage of this.

Does YT show somehow if the video is 60 FPS after it has been uploaded?

I just uploaded my latest video with 60 FPS and either it hasn't been processed yet by YT or it didn't work properly cause i just tested it in IE 11 and it looks like 30 FPS.

Can you guys with chrome or so check?

It is definitely 60 FPS to me in Chrome. Looks great. Another cool feature is to right click on the video and choose "Stats for nerds". It will then show you a bunch of stats on the running video including what FPS it is at.

Older videos can also be reuploaded and converted to 60 FPS as well. Here is the original Star Citizen Hornet trailer in 60 FPS now...

And here is a Reddit post explaining how to do it...

http://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/...o_60fps_howto/
    Last edited by carnifex2005; 2014-10-30 at 03:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by carnifex2005 View Post
    It is definitely 60 FPS to me in Chrome. Looks great. Another cool feature is to right click on the video and choose "Stats for nerds". It will then show you a bunch of stats on the running video including what FPS it is at.

Older videos can also be reuploaded and converted to 60 FPS as well. Here is the original Star Citizen Hornet trailer in 60 FPS now...

And here is a Reddit post explaining how to do it...

http://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/...o_60fps_howto/

Unfortunately "stats for nerds" does not show fps in firefox or ie, else i wouldn't have asked

Deleted
    Hopefully this makes devs start shitting themselves as a result of these videos which will be now very public and just prove how wrong they are, and end this fucking parity on all platforms to gimp PCs, also, curious to know when both MS and sony start whinging at Google for allowing 60 FPS and try force them out of it.
    Hopefully this causes the very shit storm sony, MS and the developer industry needed.

after hearing this news Nicolas Guérin and Alex Amancio quit as a game devs... One can only hope