Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Blazing Drake/Handmaiden.

So since I get conflicting data from WoW Head, the official forums and so on I'd like to know if anyone knows for certain. Do both drakes drop on heroic and is there a difference in chance between 10 and 25 man? I need the Blazing Drake for the achievment but it would be awesome if I could farm both at once.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Both drop on heroic and both drop on 10 and 25 man. If you look at absolute percentages, no, both versions have 1% chance. But 25 man drops more loot than 10 man, so it technically would increase your chance of actually obtaining that 1%.
    Much love to Indicate for creating. Eis' work

Deleted
    Hm okay, then I'm going to try and solo 25 man. Kinda curious if saving a lockout with only madness on an alt still works, I'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Schadow View Post
    Both drop on heroic and both drop on 10 and 25 man. If you look at absolute percentages, no, both versions have 1% chance. But 25 man drops more loot than 10 man, so it technically would increase your chance of actually obtaining that 1%.
    This can't be accurate.

The drop chance of the mount isn't influenced by loot tables. They are both a separate drop and do not count towards your "Loot" drop.
    Signature Nazi's suck.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Muezick View Post
    This can't be accurate.

The drop chance of the mount isn't influenced by loot tables. They are both a separate drop and do not count towards your "Loot" drop.
    Aye, mounts have a slightly higher drop rate on HC but they are never considered a loot drop. Hell, you can get both of them at the same time if the RNG gods decide to favour you with a shower of awesomeness, flowers, and kittens.

I can verify that both will drop at the same time. Saw it one time back during Cata. I've since started a weekly farm group and we've gone 9 months seeing not a single damn mount drop.

Pretty sure mounts are rolled separately from the rest of the loot, so then it would still just be 1%. So equal chance on 10 and 25.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokann View Post
    Aye, mounts have a slightly higher drop rate on HC but they are never considered a loot drop. Hell, you can get both of them at the same time if the RNG gods decide to favour you with a shower of awesomeness, flowers, and kittens.
    They don't have a higher drop rate on heroic. Example: Blazing Drake has a 1% drop chance. This doesn't change for any difficulty 10n, 10h, 25n, 25h ALL HAVE THE SAME DROP CHANCE. anything else you hear is misinformation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    NightHaawk rolls a 2 (1-100) on [Thread Topic]
    Chikko: HA HA HA HA
    Chikko rolls a 1 (1-100) on [Thread Topic]
    Chikko: FFFUUUUU

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    What makes me really sad is I had the Blazing Drake pre 6.0, was really looking forward to my Emerald Drake as I got Blazing Drake in cata and farmed the few others I didnt have yet. I opened up a ticket and they said they have no record of me having it since its not tied to an achievement, and said I'll soon be able to solo DS soon so dont worry...Ugh i was the first person in my old guild to get the mount and dont want to farm for it...but I will have to...has this happened to anyone else with any other mount?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NightHaawk View Post
    They don't have a higher drop rate on heroic. Example: Blazing Drake has a 1% drop chance. This doesn't change for any difficulty 10n, 10h, 25n, 25h ALL HAVE THE SAME DROP CHANCE. anything else you hear is misinformation.
    You say that, but during Dragon Soul it was commonly agreed that the Blazing Drake had a 4% drop chance on 10 man and a 10% drop chance on 25 man. Whether this is true can't be objectively proven or disproven, but take a look at the Wowhead data:

10 man:

25 man:

The sample sizes are quite high so it's reasonable to assume that the mount does in fact drop (or has dropped) more often on 25 man. To my knowledge there's never been an official statement from Blizzard stating that all mounts have the same drop chance across all modes (or any conclusive statement about mount drop rates at all), so saying something is misinformation is a very bold claim.

Quote Originally Posted by Shedi View Post
    The sample sizes are quite high so it's reasonable to assume that the mount does in fact drop (or has dropped) more often on 25 man. To my knowledge there's never been an official statement from Blizzard stating that all mounts have the same drop chance across all modes (or any conclusive statement about mount drop rates at all), so saying something is misinformation is a very bold claim.
    IIRC in 4.3 it had a higher dropchance on 25m.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wasn't 1 of the 2 dragons a 100% drop chance on Heroic anyways?
    Much love to Indicate for creating. Eis' work

Deleted
    Wasn't 1 of the 2 dragons a 100% drop chance on Heroic anyways?
    not anymore if it was, same way the garrosh mount wont be 100% in WoD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NightHaawk View Post
    Hrm, might be a Dragon Soul thing then. The Firelands mounts do have a higher chance on HC from what I hear.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokann View Post
    Hrm, might be a Dragon Soul thing then. The Firelands mounts do have a higher chance on HC from what I hear.
    Nope. Same percent chance.

Blazing Drake has always had a slightly higher drop chance on 25m, nothing changed. But yeah, both normal and hc mounts can drop on heroic. Best thing to farm would be HC 25.

Quote Originally Posted by Shedi View Post
    You say that, but during Dragon Soul it was commonly agreed that the Blazing Drake had a 4% drop chance on 10 man and a 10% drop chance on 25 man. Whether this is true can't be objectively proven or disproven, but take a look at the Wowhead data:

10 man:

25 man:

Blizzard does have a tendency to "drop" the drop rates when the content is no longer current, though, so it's possible they cut both down raid sizes to a low number (usually seems to be 1%). I don't recall if they ever said it in regards to this one, usually they only mention it in the case of the 100% drop rate mounts from heroic difficulties (ex: Mim's head, Handmaiden, Firehawk). Since wowhead doesn't ever reset it's counts, it would be difficult to tell.

So I suppose, like someone else said, since we don't really have an official source on the matter - if you need both mounts and you can do 25H, do 25H.
    Main - Spirál - Hunter

I managed to get all the drakes in 25m heroic but seen Blazing drop on 10m normal.

Deleted
    Blazing Drake drops all the time on 25man, dropped every few weeks during farm in Cata and I've seen it drop a lot whilst running it in MoP.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadwraith View Post
    Blazing Drake drops all the time on 25man, dropped every few weeks during farm in Cata and I've seen it drop a lot whilst running it in MoP.
    I'm in love with your signature hahaha