Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    I didn't find DA:O that engaging. Couldn't care less for grand majority of the characters, only the Warden and Morrigan were interesting at all, and it's not surprising in case of the Warden, since you shape him/her yourself. DA:O has nothing on Mass Effects and KotORs. Forcing Zaalbar to kill Mission was just brutal. Tali's suicide in ME3 was heart-breaking, as was Mordin's death. HK-47 was the funniest character in any game ever, the only one that comes remotely close is sergeant Dornan from Fallout 2, I guess. The list goes on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lost Odyssey, a hyper-underrated game for those who haven't seen/played, but an absolute f**king masterpiece for those who have. The game was so full of feels, I was on the verge of man-tears by the end of it.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    JULIUS!!! T-T I cried like a little bitch here, the humming killed me inside i started crying after it started T-T

“Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

Deleted
    Final Fantas X, hands down.

7+ Year Old Account
    Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Final Fantasy X, and of course World of Warcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by tavalus View Post
    Lunar: Silver Star Story very much so, poor Luna and Alex. Back in the SegaCD days, the PS version was ok too
    Man, Boat Song gets me every time.

Spoilers obviously

Mass Effect series, mainly when your squad mates die. Bioware did a really good job getting us(or maybe just me)to care about the characters.

The one that really got me was Mordin's sacrifice to cure the genophage in ME3. I nearly teared up that whole scene.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would list any number of jRPGs I played when I was younger, but although Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy VI were amazing for their time (and still hold up well, honestly), nothing on this list even comes into the same level of the atmosphere as the Mass Effect series.

I've been of the opinion that ME is not only the best RPG series ever made, but may be the best Trilogy/Game Series to ever be released as a whole unit. The...regrettable ending doesn't diminish what is otherwise a masterwork.
    I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes
    Or should I?

Mass Effect 2 - buildup to the finale and bonding with your crew was awesome
    Baldur's Gate 1&2 + ToB - what an epic journey
    Final Fantasy VII - the usual, my first jRPG
    Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic - it felt like I was a star of my own Star Wars movie, excellent

Quote Originally Posted by Hellrime View Post
    Final Fantasy VII, Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn and Chrono Trigger.
    Fixed it for you, you almost got it right.

Honor mention to Kotor.
    Everyone having an Artifact equals nobody having one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Final fantasy 7 was absolutely the first but I think FF10 surpassed the feels for me. Suikoden one was fantastic too. In all honesty though I haven't had the feels I get from the likes of TLOU etc. I've played a lot of average RPGs and the main thing is if the story doesn't grip, Wild arms, breath of fire, Legaia and some of the Dragonquests.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think I've ever played a game that made me feel nothing. If you are asking what game caused the strongest emotions for me, that will definitely be Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer. I've never felt so much sadness and helplessness as I did playing through this amazing gem of a story. It's hard for me to imagine a situation more tragic than the protagonist there had. Of course, absolutely stunning musical theme was one of the essential contributors to the feelings. Every time now I listen to these tracks, suddenly someone starts cutting onions nearby, it seems:

FF6: the character development was incredible.

Final Fantasy VIII, Final Fantasy X, Kingdom Hearts Frachise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Telltale Games' The Walking Dead.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

I feel less embarrassed now that FFX's ending got me too. :P

Though I think Okami was the 'worst' for me. I cried like a baby during the final boss fight of all things because of an event that happens in the middle of it. I can't even listen to the music track that played at the time without welling up, it's ridiculous.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Lost Odyssey is the only game I have played in which I became sad, which is odd because I've never been sad at a real funeral, nor have I become sad during any other game's funeral or character death. I'm not sure what made this game special in this regard.

Mass Effect gave me a sense of exploration and awe unlike any other game that I can recall. There's something to be said about driving around on an alien world, cresting over a mountain with a giant purple sun hanging in front of you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Jack View Post
    Mass Effect gave me a sense of exploration and awe unlike any other game that I can recall. There's something to be said about driving around on an alien world, cresting over a mountain with a giant purple sun hanging in front of you.
    It was probably second best for me. The best sense of exploration I had (and am having now) in Guild Wars 2 due to huge open world - although, I agree, Mass Effect felt more... epic as the scale was not just one planet, but the whole galaxy.

Shadow of the Colossus. The only game to date that has ever made me cry, as well as being my favourite game of all time.
    The atmosphere... the music, I've yet to find anything that can match it.

I found the end so horribly sad after all the story.

There is more games I found sad, but nothing on the same level of SoTC.
    Last edited by Runeweaver; 2014-11-02 at 06:53 PM.