Thread: Priest Memories

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Priest Memories

I thought back to when I made my Priest and some of the fond memories I have playing him. Whether it was a silly spell we used to have or another silly occurrence, there are some things I miss.
    So I thought all you fellow Priest mainers may wanna go over some funny / nostalgic things that happened to you.

I remember leading a raid to complete For the Alliance in WoTLK near the middle of the expansion. It was a memorable experience because I got everyone out of thunderbluff by standing on a ridge and levitating people off the edge with a mage who was slowfalling.
    I also remember levelling my priest and getting shadowform for the first time. I was so excited to kill things slightly faster that I refused to change or swap specs till I hit level 70 and then I had to be forced to heal, which I ended up adoring.

What can you guys remember?
    #justpriestthings

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wuzzuli View Post
    I thought back to when I made my Priest and some of the fond memories I have playing him. Whether it was a silly spell we used to have or another silly occurrence, there are some things I miss.
    So I thought all you fellow Priest mainers may wanna go over some funny / nostalgic things that happened to you.

I remember leading a raid to complete For the Alliance in WoTLK near the middle of the expansion. It was a memorable experience because I got everyone out of thunderbluff by standing on a ridge and levitating people off the edge with a mage who was slowfalling.
    I also remember levelling my priest and getting shadowform for the first time. I was so excited to kill things slightly faster that I refused to change or swap specs till I hit level 70 and then I had to be forced to heal, which I ended up adoring.

What can you guys remember?
    #justpriestthings
    Life grip on ragnaros on meteors in firelands. Good times

Back in early WOTLK, doing the entire For The Alliance horde city raids while wearing a fishing pole and not knowing it. And still topping healing.

In BC, healing dungeons in shadow spec from 60-67.

Also in BC, leveling 48-58 almost entirely through BRD runs. God I love that dungeon.

In vanilla (and most of BC I think) every race that could be priest had their own unique racial class spell. Devouring Plague was exclusive to undead, night elves had starfall which I think was an arcane school AoE, humans had fear ward (I think?), and trolls had some equivalent to shaman's lightning shield. Can't remember what dwarves had. Dunno if blood elves and draenei had anything prior to 3.0 either.

There was also fun utility stuff like mind soothe which would decrease the aggro range on mobs. And for a while inner fire also buffed your attack power, which was a leftover from pre-release design ideas for priests where they had some minor melee capabilities and could use small shields, being more like clerics (this was also why priests started out with one-handed maces unlike the other cloth users).

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy Gecko View Post
    In vanilla (and most of BC I think) every race that could be priest had their own unique racial class spell. Devouring Plague was exclusive to undead, night elves had starfall which I think was an arcane school AoE, humans had fear ward (I think?), and trolls had some equivalent to shaman's lightning shield. Can't remember what dwarves had. Dunno if blood elves and draenei had anything prior to 3.0 either.
    Not entirely sure about vanilla, but this is what it was in BC:

Human: Desperate Prayer, Fear Ward
    Dwarf: Desperate Prayer, Fear Ward, Chastise
    Nelf: Starshards, Elune's Grace
    Draenei: Chastise, Symbol of Hope
    Troll: Shadowguard, Hex of Weakness
    Undead:Touch of Weakness, Devouring Plague
    Belf: Touch of Weakness, Consume Magic

I miss priest racials. Even if Symbol of Hope restored almost no mana.

Deleted
    I have been playing since around 3.3 I think. One of the best things that priest have is Leap of Faith.

How I love that spell cannot be explained. To save dps standing in fire or... grip them into fire when they afk.

One of the best moments I had was at the start of Cataclysm, when me and two guildmates did heroic dungeons. Stonecore last boss (cannot remember her name) occasionally threw boulder at people and if they did not move, it oneshot them. And here, the troll I am, gripped mage (one of guildmates) into the boulder animation, caught him unaware cousing the boulder to oneshot him. He laughed it off, calling me a bitch. After a minute and half came time for another LifeGrip, this time I had to be more careful, as he was aware of what I could do... So I positioned myself next to a rock, facing it. Gripped him. He blinked into the stone and a moment later died to the boulder again.

We were laughing for maybe 30 minutes. Good times.

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mind Soothe for questing or soloing.

What? I miss it.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Being a mana battery alongside Ret. Oh the memories.

All the wipes I saved us from with Void Shift. #justbeingnostalgicaboutmop

Quote Originally Posted by grumpyoldman View Post
    Mind Soothe for questing or soloing.

What? I miss it.
    It was used in Naxx on Razuvious, in order to get close to the students and MC them without aggroing them.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Not entirely sure about vanilla, but this is what it was in BC:

Human: Desperate Prayer, Fear Ward
    Dwarf: Desperate Prayer, Fear Ward, Chastise
    Nelf: Starshards, Elune's Grace
    Draenei: Chastise, Symbol of Hope
    Troll: Shadowguard, Hex of Weakness
    Undead:Touch of Weakness, Devouring Plague
    Belf: Touch of Weakness, Consume Magic

I miss priest racials. Even if Symbol of Hope restored almost no mana.
    In vanilla only dwarves had fear ward. IIRC it had no cooldown so guilds would stack dwarven priests. It completely trivialized the second/third phase of the original Nefarian fight for alliance. There were many arguments about it on my server back in the day. :-)

I've played since launch and mained a holy priest from early 2005 MC days to Cata. So many good times until my guild called it quits in Cata. Particular favorites -

- MC'ing people off cliffs in BG's. Never got old.
    - Agree with the mindsoothing. Best thing ever for gathering herbs in near humanoids.
    - Before PVP gear was super common, having any T2.5+ gear in BG's made you a god. 7-8 people trying to kill a healing priest was hilariously awesome.
    - The original version of divine hymn was a group hot. I figured out pretty quick how to time it perfectly on certain bosses and just destroy all our other healers. It was fun. :-)
    - not priest specific but I miss downranking and the 5 second rule still. I thought it added a different dimension to healing and it was always so fun to try to see how far you could push your mana boundaries.

Things I don't miss -
    - only one renew per target. Spellpower was king in vanilla. Priest with the most SP could overwrite all the other renews. Other priests would get the 'a more powerful spell is already active' message. Same goes for PoM which they finally changed.
    - Asinine talents in order to get to better talents in the tree. Like 'wand specialization'. I miss a more involved talent system for sure but some were just completely stupid.

Deleted
    The only reason I even went priest was because I liked the way shadowform and penance looked. Turns out its my favorite class.

Deleted
    Manaburn! I miss manaburn

/tell (fellow priest) Ill buff Shadow protection tonight, but I forgot to buy candles. Can I have two stacks of candles.

or

From Raid Leader: Can you respec to spirit buff build tonight?

On the wind bridges in ToT, I noticed one of my guildies running next to me, so I slowed down and let him heroic leap ahead of me. Then I life gripped him back (which turned him around), then the wind sent him flying back down the bridge the other way.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorany View Post
    Manaburn! I miss manaburn
    So much of this. Those age-lasting arenas with OOM rdruids were so fun.

And Eye of the Storm MCs.

Remember when Holy was the best pve spec?

15+ Year Old Account
    Mana burn, getting to tank Onyxia as shadow, and getting focus magic from a smart mage.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightmayo View Post
    Things I don't miss -
    - only one renew per target. Spellpower was king in vanilla. Priest with the most SP could overwrite all the other renews. Other priests would get the 'a more powerful spell is already active' message. Same goes for PoM which they finally changed.
    - Asinine talents in order to get to better talents in the tree. Like 'wand specialization'. I miss a more involved talent system for sure but some were just completely stupid.
    Add in divine spirit as 31 disc talent, your raids was often times either without the buff or someone had to sacrifice their performance. I was playing horde so I figure it could be a lot more popular on alliance with all those fear ward bots Also when talking about one renew per target we shouldnt forget about buff and debuffs caps on target, which came into effect pretty big when you had a lot of dot classes (I think it was originally 8/16 and was later changed). The buff cap didnt really come to effect until they allowed every player to have their own buffs, and it was crazy with all the renews and armor buffs from all the priests and regrowth/rejuw from druids.

been playing since bc, i have all the usual priesty memories. my favourite was the whole of cata for pvp, when you could still use shadow spells as disco. i can still remember the screams of the mana-burned and bubble popped pallies as i nuked them down to oblivion.

also miss how in tbc you could mind control most mobs in the dungeons and cast the enemies buffs onto your party.
    somebody call for d doctor?