10+ Year Old Account

Newb question about Presences.

I plan on maining my old DK in WoD and was wondering, has Frost/Unholy Presence changed in any significant way since WotLK?

Do I still stay in Frost Presence as Frost DK and UH Presence as UH DK or has the circumstances been changed since then?
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

15+ Year Old Account
    frost presence for frost and unholy presence for unholy, simple as that :>
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    frost presence for frost and unholy presence for unholy, simple as that :>
    Danke schön!
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

You stay in whichever presence your spec is, IE blood for blood. Except in specialized situations where swapping to either blood or unholy Briefly for either the tankyness or the move speed is beneficial to you in some way.

And there's been a nice QoL improvement, when you switch specs, it now auto-applies the relevant presence, so no accidentally forgetting to pop BP before a boss pull.

Not that ... I've ever done that ...

Quote Originally Posted by Sengura View Post
    I plan on maining my old DK in WoD and was wondering, has Frost/Unholy Presence changed in any significant way since WotLK?
    Since wrath? Theres massive changes! :P

Blood is now the Tanking presence, not Frost. Blood now does all the tanky stuff like threat bonus, and survival bonus'.

Frost now gives extra runic power from every rune spent, reduced CC duration and if you are frost specced reduces Frost Strike cost by 15 while you are in Frost Presence.

Unholy now gives extra movement speed, extra rune regen speed and auto attack speed, but doesn't reduce the global cooldown anymore. The global cooldown reduction is now built into the class, this was the best change of MoP. If you are Unholy speced then you get even more rune regen speed and auto attack speed, and have the chance for Sudden Doom to proc while you are in Unholy Presence.

In wrath, Blood Presence gave a 20% damage increase, Frost was the tanky Presence, Unholy was global cooldown reduction and movement speed. Blood was always used by every dps spec, Unholy presence was only good for pvp running people down.

Even in Cata, every dps spec used Unholy Presence because of its global cooldown reduction, Frost Presence was unusable because the 1.5sec GCD meant you couldn't spend all Runes/RP fast enough.

Its only since MoP and specs have been using the correct Presences. We shouldn't forget this.

10+ Year Old Account
    As others have said, always use the same presence as your spec.

The only time you'll deviate from these rules are in extreme situations where you need as much tankiness or speed as possible, so you may temporarily swap to blood or unholy presence respectively.