Please change the pointer in the mini-map

I have a large monitor with 1920x1080 resolution, and the pointer in the center of the mini-map that is supposed to show which way I'm headed looks like an equilateral triangle with three points. I usually have to move around a bit to see which point to believe. A different pointer with only one distinct direction would be very helpful. Is there maybe an addon that changes this? Or a setting I haven't found yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Some dinosaur
    We're not Blizzard; you'll want to post here: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/
    Unless there's a mini map on MMO-C I don't know about.

I have a large monitor with 1920x1080 resolution
    Shit son that's one giant monitor.
    I'd either suggest increasing the size of the minimap or glasses.

I've tried posting there but it's apparently not allowed unless you have a paid account. I've tried several times to answer forum questions but my free trial account isn't allowed to post.

And, as irony would have it, I can't quote your suggestion because I haven't posted here enough times.

- - - Updated - - -

I think 1920x1080 is standard on most laptops and tablets now. Anyway, how do I change the size of the mini-map? Zooming in or out doesn't change the size of the pointer.

Quote Originally Posted by HughMorris View Post
    I think 1920x1080 is standard on most laptops and tablets now. Anyway, how do I change the size of the mini-map? Zooming in or out doesn't change the size of the pointer.
    There's a UI scaler in advanced options...not sure if that affects the pointer though.

As I recall, the UI scaler scales the entire interface, which would cause the tracker, bag, action bars, etc. to take up more of the real estate. Also, I really don't want the current pointer to be bigger -- I think it would still be confusing at any scale.

Quote Originally Posted by HughMorris View Post
    As I recall, the UI scaler scales the entire interface, which would cause the tracker, bag, action bars, etc. to take up more of the real estate. Also, I really don't want the current pointer to be bigger -- I think it would still be confusing at any scale.
    Best I can suggest is another UI then in general, or another addon that affects just the minimap...not sure of any off the top of my head, you'd probably want to ask in the add-on/macro forum section or whatever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Please make this suggestion to Blizzard. Thanks!

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |