Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Even if someone captured a ghost or some weird shit on camera people would dismiss it as a hoax anyway. Thats an offshot of the premise of zombie movies, no one believes that the zombies are real at first.

Check this out, 9/11 happened on live fucking television and there were hundreds of thousands of eyewitnesses. Yet "truther" is still a thing.
    Last edited by PACOX; 2014-10-31 at 01:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Even if someone captured a ghost or some weird shit on camera people would dismiss it as a hoax anyway. Thats an offshot of the premise of zombie movies, no one believes that the zombies are real at first.
    So your argument is a movie based on a fictional event?
    I'm pretty sure something is wrong with people believing in anything supernatural, i'm not saying they are retards or something but with further research it can be classified as an abnormality or mild psychological disorder.

This is the XKCD, right?

Yeah, there's no reasonable doubt left at this point. Ghosts are just hallucinations. People love magic stories though, so it's not going away.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I don't think I was hallucinating while making my sandwich.
    The problem with the eyewitness testimony on something like a ghost is that it's easy to establish reasonable doubt.

Have you ever used any psychoactive drugs?
    Have you ever been exposed to any noxious chemicals?
    Have you ever suffered any significant head injuries?
    Have you or anybody else in your family ever been diagnosed with mental illness?

Because if you answer yes to any of those questions, I'd be stupid to believe you.

EDIT: And if you pass that level of vetting, then I'd have to establish whether or not there are any geomagnetic anomalies in the area where the sighting occurred, and whether or not you were running a fever at the time.

I believe in them because I saw one during the daytime. Everyone in the family saw this ghost in this particular house we lived in. If I hadn't of seen her, I would of went on my mary way of not believing in them.
    I think this is probably true for most people, they don't believe in ghosts until something happens.

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe in them because I saw one during the daytime. Everyone in the family saw this ghost in this particular house we lived in. If I hadn't of seen her, I would of went on my mary way of not believing in them.
    You watched something that you couldn't explain, your brain is hardwired to make the best guess when it's encounter something that it doesn't seem right or familiar, the 'ghost" you saw it was just your mind's best guess to a perfectly normal and natural phenomenon, that's all.

Unless you were high, in that case your mind will create things are simply not there.

I don't think I was hallucinating while making my sandwich.
    What makes you say so? From a Bayesian standpoint, it's a lot more likely that you saw something that wasn't there (this happens to humans all the time) than that you interacted with an entity that we have no physical evidence for.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I think this is probably true for most people, they don't believe in ghosts until something happens.
    Then there's reasonable people that have had things happen, and still shrug and say, "right, but human eyewitness testimony is awful and I have no physical evidence".

Deleted
    Less alcohol and less weed man. Really.

It's actually very easy to see if your house is haunted. It isn't.

Deleted
    http://theness.com/neurologicablog/i...ry/paranormal/

pretty cool blog. You can find articles explaining how brain memory works. Making false memories, seeing things that don;t exists etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Killyox View Post
    http://theness.com/neurologicablog/i...ry/paranormal/

pretty cool blog. You can find articles explaining how brain memory works. Making false memories, seeing things that don;t exists etc.
    Dude she really saw a ghost. Just let her be. And it looked exactly like how it had been described to her already? PROOF POSITIVE OF THE PARANORMAL.

15+ Year Old Account
    Not true, we do exist, I am a ghost now, of a bigfoot that I was in living life.

Here is me now:

What I don't get is if Ghost exist (and they clearly dont) then why have all 'sightings' been of human ghosts? Where are all the animal ghosts running round with their unfinished business?

Quote Originally Posted by Merkava View Post
    I think that's a better topic for discussion; If Ghosts do exist, then why are they such selfish assholes?
    And I thought Mana's post was amazing, this though is pure gold.

Also, a bit more on topic, maybe not everyone's first reaction is to whip out their phone to take a picture while they think they're in danger?

Why are all of you giving Winter Blossom crap :P

Well, I don't see any reason why I would hallucinate. Just another normal day. Make a sandwich and there she is. Just staring at me, then goes through our french doors we had in the kitchen and disappears.

As said, everyone in the family saw this woman and described her as looking the same. I never feared her and wasn't scared. It's weird. The few times I did see her, she always gave off this calming feeling to me.
    What did she look like? Was she mostly transparent or?

What did she look like? Was she mostly transparent or?
    Has to look close to this, a real picture of a ghost.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Has to look close to this, a real picture of a ghost.
    Mmm, now I want some Boo Berry cereal.

And Count Chocula.

Quote Originally Posted by Navitas View Post
    What I don't get is if Ghost exist (and they clearly dont) then why have all 'sightings' been of human ghosts? Where are all the animal ghosts running round with their unfinished business?
    Not only humans, but humans that died decades ago, never anyone who died weeks or days ago. Wouldn't hospitals be paranormal hot spots?

Mmm, now I want some Boo Berry cereal.

And Count Chocula.
    My boss will be glad to hear that- I mean uh YEAH THEY'RE GOOD.

She had long straight red hair, very vivid green eyes and she was in between being transparent and not being. I recall her having simliar facial features to my mother.
    The woman I saw was similar (not in physical features, but in transparency).

Okay thanks Do you think she was related to your family at all?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Merkava View Post
    I think we already knew they didn't exist, lol.

The James Randi foundation has a One Million dollar prize for anyone that can prove any paranormal claims. Here's what they say...

To date, no one has passed the preliminary tests.

Think about it, if you were a ghost, and you had eerie powers, wouldn't you want to help someone you loved make a million bucks?

I think that's a better topic for discussion; If Ghosts do exist, then why are they such selfish assholes?
    When i see this im always wondering what would happen if you would go there and claim that you can sense that you will not win the million bucks.