Deleted

Lightbulb Why don't they revamp Archaeology to Lorewalking?

Rename Archaeology to Lorewalking, have every basic artifact reveal something glorious in the Lore of Warcraft. Keep the rares if you want, maybe have them reveal something minor or funny. The basic artifacts will reveal a mini book with some pictures and maybe a video.

Agree/Disagree?

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Path of suffering would be more fitting. After getting all pristines (seeker of knowledge is pretty cool tittle) and turning EVERY artifact for tol'vir pieces i still don't have a mount.

Also, the "lore" related to majority of archeology items is really....meaningless ? Kinda dissapointing, but they never reached even 50% of potential this proffesion could have.

I personally wish they'd just rebuild Archaeology from the ground up. Right now it's just a tedious grind with very little upsides for people who aren't achievement whores, and it's just not fun.
    And that's with a 310% flying mount. I can't imagine what it will be like on Draenor.

Archaeology (or Lorewalking, or however they want to call it) as a concept has a lot of potential. It's just not used. At all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynneiah View Post
    I personally wish they'd just rebuild Archaeology from the ground up. Right now it's just a tedious grind with very little upsides for people who aren't achievement whores, and it's just not fun.
    And that's with a 310% flying mount. I can't imagine what it will be like on Draenor.

Archaeology (or Lorewalking, or however they want to call it) as a concept has a lot of potential. It's just not used. At all.
    Yeah, so far it seems to be same as in MoP just without flying. If they at least made it so there is always one site in every zone, it would be much better.

Deleted
    In my view it's not so bad mechanically (ironically, compared to other parts of the game), but artistically. When it was first introduced back in early cata, my first instinct intuitively was that it would offer Lore (not that I cared about it when it was introduced but rarely I do, e.g. lately I wanted to go to Outlands and read the orc artifacts and I realized they offer nothing or nothing readable). It would be a tremendous improvement if only they would make each basic artifact be a mini book with some interesting lore than makes sense and it has some length, a start and a finish, something to read while flying (or not).

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    In my view it's not so bad mechanically (ironically, compared to other parts of the game), but artistically. When it was first introduced back in early cata, my first instinct intuitively was that it would offer Lore (not that I cared about it when it was introduced but rarely I do, e.g. lately I wanted to go to Outlands and read the orc artifacts and I realized they offer nothing or nothing readable). It would be a tremendous improvement if only they would make each basic artifact be a mini book with some interesting lore than makes sense and it has some length, a start and a finish, something to read while flying (or not).
    You can look up the items you've completed in the Archaeology tab, and they come with little descriptions. The more intricate items have more lore attached to them.
    Beyond that, I agree, though. The lack of lore that comes from these items is part of the huge swaths of potential they've wasted with this.