Do you need to equip axe to get shadowfrost shards?

I just figured 25hc lich king would drop one

Deleted
    No. It does need to be in your bags though.

Quote Originally Posted by Seja Victrix View Post
    No. It does need to be in your bags though.
    i asked in trade, im getting mixed answers... sigh.. goddamn it lol some say no, some say yes... I have it in my bag. Now im skeptical because lich king 25 didnt drop one lol

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Good to know, I have both a Warrior and a DK aiming to get it eventually.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

The shards do not have a 100% drop rate on any of the bosses in either version of 25 man. But from what I read, the drop rate is a lot higher in heroic. I was averaging 7 per run while I was collecting mine. Most I got in 1 week was 8 and the fewest was 6. Congratulations on your soon to be completed Shadowmourne; you made it through the hard part (infusions).

Just keep it in your bags. It's what I did.

Quote Originally Posted by Twistedklown View Post
    The shards do not have a 100% drop rate on any of the bosses in either version of 25 man. But from what I read, the drop rate is a lot higher in heroic. I was averaging 7 per run while I was collecting mine. Most I got in 1 week was 8 and the fewest was 6. Congratulations on your soon to be completed Shadowmourne; you made through the hard part (infusions).

Just keep it in your bags. It's what I did.
    ok, ill keep in my bag... just a shame 25HC LK didnt drop one.. after a 10 minute fight.. : /

but yes, blood infusion took me 25 attempts.. about 15 hours of trying to find ppl... its shitty, now I just have to wait a year to get the shards >.< lol

I kept it in my bank and got shards. Actually forgot it on the last run and had to go back and get it after I hit 50.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've kept my Shadow's Edge in my bank, and I'm still getting Shadowfrost Shards from the bosses - so no, you don't need to keep it in your bag while running ICC.

Tho, you might want to keep it in your bag during last week for fast completion, Shadowmourne....

From what I remember, normal is about a 25-50% drop rate, and heroic 50-99%. So roughly double for heroic.

Quote Originally Posted by Sibut View Post
    From what I remember, normal is about a 25-50% drop rate, and heroic 50-99%. So roughly double for heroic.
    I'm pretty sure Normal drop rate is up to 25% and heroic is 26-50%. It was a LONG time ago I saw those numbers.
    It's all RNG though. I've farmed Shadowmourne 4 times now and my first shadowmourne I had weeks with 0 shards, 2 shards, 7 shards etc. really slow. The next 3 I averaged about 8 a run each time.

The only time you need to equip Shadow's Edge is when doing the Souls and Infusions parts of the quest chain.

Quote Originally Posted by Octa View Post
    I'm pretty sure Normal drop rate is up to 25% and heroic is 26-50%. It was a LONG time ago I saw those numbers.
    It's all RNG though. I've farmed Shadowmourne 4 times now and my first shadowmourne I had weeks with 0 shards, 2 shards, 7 shards etc. really slow. The next 3 I averaged about 8 a run each time.
    Oh yeah, you could be right, maybe I doubled it. I know it was a LOT better than Ulduar's drop rates, that's for sure. =)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sibut View Post
    Oh yeah, you could be right, maybe I doubled it. I know it was a LOT better than Ulduar's drop rates, that's for sure. =)
    SOOO many weeks of no shards other than no lights yogg *shudders*
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    God made humans to give handjobs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    Being older isn't an excuse for being wrong or obtuse. Grats on being the guy that makes me side with Didactic.