Should I Spam as Brewmaster?

Am I supposing to be mashing jab in between cooldowns and burning energy as fast as I can? Is it better to take it slower? I feel super spammy and always in a rush when playing Brewmaster.

Let me preface this by saying that even if you're not consuming Energy or Chi, you can always mash Tiger Palm between GCDs for free damage. So even if you're not spamming Jab as soon as it's available, you should still be occupying nearly every GCD with TP just to get some extra damage in.

That said, generally no. Expel Harm has no cooldown when you're below 35% health, and it is always more beneficial to use Expel Harm than Jab, so you always want to have as much energy on hand as you can just in case you dip low and can Expel Harm a few times. This is especially important in WoD because Glyph of Expel Harm also reduces its cost by 5 when you're below 35% health, making it even more chi per energy than Jab.

Rather than using Jab as soon as possible, it's more like you want to avoid using Jab unless you have to. If you're close to energy capping or really need the chi for something at that moment (to maintain Shuffle, to Purify, or to Guard) then you want to Jab, but generally not before then. You kind of want to play the "don't cap and waste energy" game instead of the "always keep the energy bar empty" game because having energy in reserve can be very useful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Near as I can tell, Tiger Palm is sort of like Lacerate or Devastate... filler material for the most part. Push it if you don't have anything better to push, or at least once every now and again to keep your Tiger Power buff up.

Jab should probably only be used when you aren't at full Chi and/or don't have Power Strikes available, and when a better Chi generator like Keg Smash isn't available (or when a Keg Smash would generate more Chi than you can hold.) If you need to fill an empty GCD, use Tiger Palm or one of your talent abilities.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

You just have to not cap energy or Chi. Dumping all your resource immediately is abit detrimental.
    If you spam Jab and consume all your energy, you'll delay your Keg Smash.

On extreme levels of haste spamming might be needed to not cap energy. Generally, you'll want to always have 2 Chi at your disposal and enough energy to use Keg Smash whenever it comes off cooldown.
    There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want

Quote Originally Posted by Dekkers View Post
    Am I supposing to be mashing jab in between cooldowns and burning energy as fast as I can? Is it better to take it slower? I feel super spammy and always in a rush when playing Brewmaster.
    Yes! 80% of mashing (give or take a few %) is using keg smash every 8 seconds. (Stalling for an AOE hit is ok). The other 20% is filling the next 7 seconds with 7 moves(sometimes wAy more with off GCD moves like PB).
    In addition energy starving is not a good thing to do and energy capping isn't always a bad thing either. For example if you don't have aggro or it's an easy fight to maximize DPS you can get away with never using jab. Details can be given if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dekkers View Post
    If you burn all your energy as fast as you can then it could delay keg smash or limit use of expel harm.