Deleted

Question 90-100 Healing spec for 5 man instances

TL;DR - Best healing spec for 5 man instances/heroics, Holy or Disc?

Hey there, I recently came back to WoW with not having alot of healing experience.
    I want to start healing in WoD, but i'm wondering what healing spec works the best. I know this is based on the fight and such, but thats mostly 10-25 raids.

Now what I am wondering is, what spec is better for healing in the instances you encounter leveling your way up to 100 + the heroics you need to farm to gear up at lvl 100. These ofcourse are all 5 man.

I'm asking this because I will level up as Shadow, but I want to improve/learn the healing part in instances before I jump into raids at 100 without any experience.

Holy is more a output spec while disc is a absorb spec.

both have there charm and both will be enough to heal both 5mans and raids.
    Ofcourse there will always be a better spec. but for leveling id stick to what spec you prefer and see how it goes.

For myself i really disliked disc, While loving holy with my uber aoe heals
    http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/4...4841599821.jpg the boy that will forever be named the HHD wiper. R.I.P

5man healing as Disc pretty much requires Clarity of Will, so I'd go Holy for 90-100.

Deleted
    Holy will be simpler for you.

having trouble finding this in the loads of topics that have been recently opened with similar questions?

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    The pre-WotLK Mind Flay animation. 2nd biggest reason for rolling a Priest, biggest obviously being Shadowform. Anyone who uses Glyph of Shadow should reroll Hunter, filthy blasphemers.

Holy is more fun and much more straight forward to use in dungeons with unpredictable (as in 'unfamiliar') group members.

Quote Originally Posted by Succath View Post
    having trouble finding this in the loads of topics that have been recently opened with similar questions?
    Yes.
    Always add the obligatory 'use the search function' poat to any thread whenever possible, it contributes so much and everyone knows no information is ever outdated

As far as speed goes, dungeons are not the best way to level for WoD.
    If you don't mind speed, I would say Disc.
    Disc is almost always better for dungeons.

I ran every normal and H dungeon as disc (because I don't know how to play holy) without ever using holy nova (because I'm so bad I even forgot to bind it). Considering you were scaled down to the minimum intended level for testing, I say it is very doable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sosoulsu View Post
    As far as speed goes, dungeons are not the best way to level for WoD.
    I didn't bother enough to time it, but I got that feeling too. Considering that most mythic gear is better than questing gear up until lvl 97-98, I felt there wasn't really a purpose for running dungeons while you're leveling other than for fun.

Are there quests in the dungeons like Cata/MoP? It's definitely worth it to run the dungeon once to do the quests, which usually give about 3-5 quests' worth of exp and a piece blue gear, each.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Are there quests in the dungeons like Cata/MoP? It's definitely worth it to run the dungeon once to do the quests, which usually give about 3-5 quests' worth of exp and a piece blue gear, each.
    Not like Cata/MoP, but if you build an Inn on your garrison, you'll get daily dungeon questgivers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dierdre View Post
    I ran every normal and H dungeon as disc (because I don't know how to play holy) without ever using holy nova (because I'm so bad I even forgot to bind it). Considering you were scaled down to the minimum intended level for testing, I say it is very doable.

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't bother enough to time it, but I got that feeling too. Considering that most mythic gear is better than questing gear up until lvl 97-98, I felt there wasn't really a purpose for running dungeons while you're leveling other than for fun.
    Great advantage of dungeons is you can human-bot them... it takes a fraction of attention of questing, because they are repetetive, so it is possible to watch movies and use only periphetal vision.

I'm not sure about lower levels, but my experience with dungeon healing on beta as Disc was that it was fucking impossible without using Clarity of Will. Heal+PWS can't even come close to the ST output of Holy's Heal+Serenity+Renew+Serendipity, but CoW certainly can.