Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    Democrats Increasingly Likely to Identify as Liberal

The shift toward greater liberal self-identification has been led by Democrats. Currently, 43% of Democrats say they are liberal, a nearly 50% increase from 29% in 2000. Over the same period, the percentage of Democrats identifying as moderate is down to 36% from 44%, and conservative identification is down to 19% from 25%. ( http://www.gallup.com/poll/166787/li...high-2013.aspx )
    Does that mean their political stances have changed, or just that "moderate" when referencing the space between D and R no longer applies to them? Moderate, to a lot of people, means "I could vote for either party" -- but when one party is unvotable, the tag "moderate" loses its appeal. So the trend of how people label themselves doesn't not necessarily represent a trend in changing politics for those people. Not in my mind, at least.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dendrek View Post
    Does that mean their political stances have changed, or just that "moderate" when referencing the space between D and R no longer applies to them? Moderate, to a lot of people, means "I could vote for either party" -- but when one party is unvotable, the tag "moderate" loses its appeal. So the trend of how people label themselves doesn't not necessarily represent a trend in changing politics for those people. Not in my mind, at least.
    Except it is both parties that are losing the middle ground, and I would argue that many people vote AGAINST a candidate more than for another one.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    But it didn't.

Best part is, this case is cited over and over by voter ID groups, but a driver's license doesn't show if you're an ineligible felon.
    http://www.judicialwatch.org/wp-cont...hman-et-al.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Anarch Son of Gods View Post
    According to the US State Department Al Jazeera is the only news channel that doesn't provide honest and objective news reporting. Did they forget to take a look at Fox news, or what? ...
    fox is probably the MOST honest
    you just want to be a blind liberal...so you ignore facts

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2014-11-02 at 05:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by truckboattruck View Post
    Wot? Fox Honest? Wot?
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by truckboattruck View Post
    1/10 trolling.
    HolgerDK Stærkodder Shocknorrís
    "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.

Deleted
    I'll take Al Jazeera's word over most American Newssources.

But on the other hand its hard for me to believe that a 1st world Western nation like the US would allow such a fraud to take place. I don't even know if my last sentence was sarcasm, but my first sure as hell isn't.

Allegations of voter fraud is specious at best.

They keep asserting its some mass problem, but when asked to provide evidence, its flimsy at best.

If it as widespread and massive as they say it is (or imply to be), then evidence of its existence shouldn't be so hard to come by. So why do you guys suddenly clam up when called out to provide evidence of such fraud?

Its hard to say the integrity of the election is compromised when it there isn't much to affect it in the first place. However, these assertions of protecting the integrity of elections with these new voter laws are meant to add hoops to what wasn't a broken process, and not rife with fraud.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HolgerDK View Post
    1/10 trolling.
    He actually believes it. Poe's Law.
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

now that is intreasting

Deleted
    Democracy, bro. Ahahahahahahaha.

WELCOME TO AMERICA where we spread Democracy to the world just to limit it in America. I seriously shake my head and wish to god the poles would shift so I could move to Canada and have it be warm. This country is so fucked with all this partisan division.

Then where are the convictions? This article makes nothing more than a passing remark, where Wikipedia showed the number of convictions didn't overturn anything.
    Last edited by Rukentuts; 2014-11-02 at 04:10 PM.

Deleted
    So I guess the plan is to limit the right to vote to only the rich white guys, in about 20-30 years. Land of the free, bro. Even Eastern European countries are more democratic than the USA.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    Both parties are trending to the opposite pole, slowly losing the moderates, this will just lead to more polarization in Washington, and with luck the emergence of a moderate party that will appeal to the large swath of Americans not served by either party.
    The Government should be made up of "real people", that have "real" intelligence and working plans to make the world a better place for everyone.

The Party system doesn't work, it just separates and divides us leading nowhere good.

We need to all work together as one. Obviously everyone isn't going to always agree with each other, but I think the majority can agree that we want a stable, free and successful world. And that is what matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardball View Post
    So I guess the plan is to limit the right to vote to only the rich white guys, in about 20-30 years. Land of the free, bro. Even Eastern European countries are more democratic than the USA.
    If you want to talk about how other countries handle voting then you should realize that many countries have a lot more control to ensure people dont fudge the vote, something that has been heavily combated by some in the US.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    If you want to talk about how other countries handle voting then you should realize that many countries have a lot more control to ensure people dont fudge the vote, something that has been heavily combated by some in the US.
    Because invaribaly sht like the article states happens. People ignore parts of the requirements, with the result of removing tons of people that dont even share a birthday, SSN, or middle name.

If you cant do it right, dont do it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    The Government should be made up of "real people", that have "real" intelligence and working plans to make the world a better place for everyone.

The Party system doesn't work, it just separates and divides us leading nowhere good.

We need to all work together as one. Obviously everyone isn't going to always agree with each other, but I think the majority can agree that we want a stable, free and successful world. And that is what matters.
    A party system is generally inevitable. Madison wrote about this phenomenon in Federalist #10 (He was against them, but saw them as inevitable). Many other political philosophers also discuss this concepts similar to factions (the need to come together to accomplish a goal).

The problem you really want to tackle is "first-past-the-post" voting. This will nearly always cause the formation of two dominant parties. And two party systems do seem to suck.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sledfang View Post
    This exactly. Sums up Obama's thoughts regarding illegal immigration and the Democratic Party.
    Show us where illegals have been voting. Rush Limbaugh and Drudge Report don't count.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post

You just eliminated 85% of US voters.