Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Overwatch Trademark, Eye of Azshara Trademark, Darkmoon Faire Updates

Overwatch Trademark
    With Blizzcon approaching, now is a good time to remind everyone of the Overwatch trademark that Blizzard filed for earlier this year. Three different applications for Overwatch have been filed so far:

• Trademark: Overwatch (April 1, 2014)
      • Computer game software, computer game discs, downloadable computer game programs, computer game software downloadable from a global computer network, electronic games software for wireless devices, interactive multimedia computer game programs, mousepads, computer mouses, headsets for use with computers, computer keyboards
    • Service mark: Overwatch (April 1, 2014)
      • Entertainment services, namely, providing on-line computer games; providing computer games that may be accessed via a global computer network.
    • Trademark: Overwatch (October 24, 2014)
      • Printed matter, namely, strategy guides, comic books, graphic novels, novels, framed art prints, art books, calendars, posters, notebooks, and stickers
      • Clothing, footwear, and headgear, namely, caps, overcoats, costumes, Halloween costumes, hats, hooded sweatshirts, jackets, pajamas, socks, sweaters, and T-shirts
      • Toys, games, and playthings, namely, action figures, collectible figures, board games, dolls, plush toys, statues, toy guns, and vinyl figures

Eye of Azshara Trademark
    A trademark application for "Eye of Azshara" has appeared in the EU Trademark database. If this trademark is legitimate, it could be related to the next Hearthstone expansion. Our friends over at Hearthpwn have more details.

• Computer game software, computer game discs, downloadable computer game software, computer game software downloadable from a global computer network, interactive multimedia computer game program; downloadable electronic game software for use on portable electronic devices such as mobile and cellular phones, laptops, handheld computers, and tablet PCs.
    • Entertainment services;namely, providing on-line computer games; providing on-line non-downloadable computer games that may be accessed via a global computer network; providing on line news and information in the field of computer games.

Darkmoon Faire Updates
    The Darkmoon Faire is here once again, bringing some new features thanks to the Warlords of Draenor update.

Icy Veins has a complete guide to the Faire. Be sure to buy any heirlooms you want while it is active, as the old Justice Points vendors are gone for now.

If you enjoy pet battles, pay Christoph VonFeasel a visit to complete A New Darkmoon Challenger!

Several old items are now toys, such as Moonfang's loot, the Darkmoon Whistle, and the Flimsy Yellow Balloon.

There are some new novelty items for sale by Chester.

Level Type Slot Name Cost Model Viewer
    1Other Last Deck of Nemelex Xobeh130 × 
    1Other Haunting Memento90 × 
    1ClothChest Nobleman's Coat75 × 
    Modelviewer
    1ClothChest Noblewoman's Finery75 × 
    Modelviewer
    1ClothLegs Noblewoman's Skirt75 × 
    Modelviewer
    1ClothLegs Nobleman's Pantaloons75 × 
    Modelviewer
    1ClothFeet Noble's Fancy Boots55 × 
    Modelviewer

The most interesting addition is the Blazing Wings. These are a set of cosmetic fiery wings that appear on your character. The one hour buff is granted by a toy that has a character specific one hour cooldown. This means you can have wings on your character constantly, as long as you don't die!

The wings are earned through the achievement Brood of Alysrazor, which requires you to fly through 50 rings, similar to the rings that appear in the Alysrazor encounter in Firelands. This challenging part of this achievement is that the rings are shared by everyone and there are only slightly more than you need, so only one person can do the achievement at a time. It looks like this is unintended though, so if you aren't in a hurry you can wait and see if a hotfix is coming soon.

Last edited by chaud; 2014-11-02 at 09:26 PM.

Daily Reminder that thinking there is a link between "Eye of Azshara" and Hearthstone is reaching so far you might herniate a disc.

people seem hellishly convinced that there is no possible way for a wow expansion to be announced this year. even just a small trailer to drum up hype for the playerbase? We don't know anything yet. don't assume anything. Maybe they did keep the promise of yearly expansions?

Also so because the zone ashara is tied to goblins now, it's worth naming a whole mechanical expansion around it? Also if they're announcing overwatch this year, not having a panel at noon seems like a bad idea. :/

first to post last to get laid

Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    people seem hellishly convinced that there is no possible way for a wow expansion to be announced this year. even just a small trailer to drum up hype for the playerbase? We don't know anything yet. don't assume anything. Maybe they did keep the promise of yearly expansions?

Also so because the zone ashara is tied to goblins now, it's worth naming a whole mechanical expansion around it? Also if they're announcing overwatch this year, not having a panel at noon seems like a bad idea. :/
    Announcing an expansion before the current one even launches would be an incredibly stupid thing to do.
    “It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so fucking what.”

And here, we, go!

Queue the speculation!
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

10+ Year Old Account
    What do you personally think Chaud?

Teasers are pictures of gnomish machines. Name of expansion could be Eye of Azshara.

I think someone here forgot how to logic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Azshara is now a goblin themed zone. Goblins love tech. I know its a stretch, but it could be the case.

Deleted
    1 April srsly?

Would rather like Azshara themed expansion for WoW than Hearthstone but don't think that they would announce anything to WoW before WoD would be after 2 patches.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    What do you personally think Chaud?
    I think the hotfix for the Blazing Wings rings needs to go live ASAP so I can get my wings!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    I think the hotfix for the Blazing Wings rings needs to go live ASAP so I can get my wings!
    Oh you silly bird. Why do you need more wings?

It makes total sense that a mechanically themed Hearthstone expansion would be called "Eye of Azshara", since the technologically advanced race of Azeroth essentially resides in the center of the zone Azshara. Hell, if you look at the map, it even looks like an eye.

But I still want to hold onto the possibility that it's referring to the character. "Eye of Azshara" could also be stretched to translate as the focus of Azshara the character, or as in the eye of a storm, and she is very well tied to storms/water/ocean. I'm going to ignore the obvious answer of it being the goblin zone and instead hope its "Warcraft IV: Eye of Azshara". I do feel like however slim the possibility of WC4, it's even less likely to be another WoW expansion announcement this close to WoD's release.

Of course it will be a hearthstone expansion. Azshara theme is too small and insignificant to be a WoW expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerevar View Post
    Of course it will be a hearthstone expansion. Azshara theme is too small and insignificant to be a WoW expansion.
    Azshara is a person as well as a Zone. She is the most powerful mage on Azeroth and is ranked up with Kil'Jaeden in power. Shes arguably more powerful than Deathwing.

Was the "Metal Arms" trademark proven to be a hoax or is that still in the mix?

Tooltip for Darkmoon Whistle is wrong. It costs 90 tickets, not 10 silver

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe its still in the mix. Metal arms makes sense for Hearthstone but the name is stupid.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm bummed about the quest for Ring of Broken Promises.
    We gathered a small raid to get the item from the 100 elite mobs, only to find out, you can't accept the quest at Level 90.

Might be good to add that Whack-a-Gnoll is bugged and nonfunctional, no ETA on it being fixed.

https://twitter.com/BlizzardCSEU_EN/...55902032363520