Wizard World comic con

So I went to Wizard World comic con in Columbus, OH yesterday. This was my first such convention. I have to say it was alot of fun. So many people were there. Got a photo op with WWE Diva Paige. She's pretty friendly to her fans which was cool. I wish I would've had some money to buy some art work or something for my apartment so I'm gonna have to goto the one in Cleveland in February.

Do the rest of you goto these comic conventions? How often do you go? What is your favorite part?

Deleted
    I don't go to such conventions, I'm well over 14 yo, both biologically and mentally.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2014-11-04 at 03:37 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardball View Post
    I don't go to such conventions, I'm well over 14 yo, both biologically and mentally.
    But you post on a world of warcraft fan site? Come on you can't seriously take the social superiority here.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jataai View Post
    But you post on a world of warcraft fan site? Come on you can't seriously take the social superiority here.
    I don't think there is comparison between an older guy playing an MMO and an older guy going to a comic con, eventually dressed up as a wizard.

10+ Year Old Account
    One of my first dates with my wife was to C2E2 here in Chicago. Met the cast of The Walking Dead and Chris Hemsworth. It was pretty awesome to be honest.

Wizard World had a con here in Nashville last year, our first AFAIK, but I wasn't able to go. I think people got confused about the date, anyway; while driving around town, I saw a lot more people in costumes the weekend after the con than the weekend of the con.

Maybe I'll make it this year or next year.

I don't think there is comparison between an older guy playing an MMO and an older guy going to a comic con, eventually dressed up as a wizard.
    Pretty sure not everyone at comic conventions or even blizzcon cosplays. Alot of people go for the fun and the people. Others go to find deals on comics for their collection or other merchandise. Saying that only 14 year olds should be at conventions is quite ignorant of you. People of all ages enjoy them.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's pretty much the same and your superoirity complex here is sad. It happens for anything that's culturally popular. Even comic book stuff has cosplayers.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Oh look at this bad-ass over here...

On topic.. I haven't gone to a *Comicon* yet, but I attend MAGFest in Maryland every year; it's my favorite convention I've ever been to. If you're anywhere near it, I highly suggest going.

I attend a few other conventions here and there as well, mostly anime-related.

Signature by Shyama!

I go to a few anime conventions each year, but haven't been to Wizard World yet. I really want to go to WW Comic Con next year though.

My favorite part is hanging out with my group of friends and making new friends. I also host panels from time to time which is pretty fun.

Deleted
    im too afraid to go to conventions since some cosplaying bastard stole my best fedora

10+ Year Old Account
    I have yet to go to a Comic Convention.

I do however go to AnimeNext, MangeNext, Wicked Faire, Twisted World: Divine Decadence, and Steampunk World's Faire.

http://www.animenext.org/

http://wickedfaire.com/

http://steampunkworldsfair.com/

I don't think there is going to be a MangaNext this year, nor a Twisted World.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.