WOD Race for Resto Druid

Hello all!

I quite doubt about the most optimal race for a PVE heal spec .

Does someone made ​​tests ?

Troll or Tauren ?

Troll for raw throughput with the haste buff, Tauren for utility for the AoE stun. They've toned down the troll racials quite a bit, though, so it's not likely to matter all that much. I'd honestly say go with whichever you like better. Taurens are nice to have on situations like Mythic Garrosh with needing to stun adds, Trolls will have a little more throughput for a few seconds every 2 minutes. Trolls will level faster, and Taurens have a very slight boost in health. They both have their advantages in different situations, so go with what you like. Berserking is nice, but not nice enough to be a deciding factor anymore.

You're right for theory about eatch race capacity.

But what i'm seeking is the comparison with any tests to know what is the better choice between Troll and Tauren for a max healing output in PVE (try hard)

(sorry for my english )
    Last edited by Caligulat; 2014-11-02 at 09:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Caligulat View Post
    You're right for theory about eatch race capacity.

But what i'm seeking is the comparison with any tests to know what is the better choice between Troll or Tauren for a max healing output in PVE (try hard)

(sorry for my english )
    If it comes down to healing more and trying to whore out on meters then troll will win. Haste buff will always be welcome and there should always be an opportunity to either stack it with an ability or just keep it as another if weaker cooldown. Aside from gimmick fights where stun are a must and frankly there are better choices like a hunter troll will always win.
    He slipped out of his royal garments, left eternity to enter time, divinity to wrap himself in humanity.
    The sea of glass, for the ocean of separation. He left peace, and for the first time felt pain.
    Because the very hands that held the stars were now sentenced to wear my scars.

Quote Originally Posted by AutomaticBadger View Post
    If it comes down to healing more and trying to whore out on meters then troll will win. Haste buff will always be welcome and there should always be an opportunity to either stack it with an ability or just keep it as another if weaker cooldown. Aside from gimmick fights where stun are a must and frankly there are better choices like a hunter troll will always win.
    Yeahp! Troll for max throughput, Tauren for utility. I don't think that being a troll vs. a tauren is going to change your healing numbers enough to be worth changing to a race that you don't like, however. I personally can't stand being a bat, so while Berserking is definitely nice to pair with CDs, it's not enough to make me change. But if you really want to just maximize your meter hps, troll is better.

Well i don't understand how you compare 15s haste VS 2% all the time on eatch heals?

Well i don't understand how you compare 15s haste VS 2% all the time on eatch heals?
    I don't see how you can say that 2% more crit healing is anywhere above 0.5% extra increased healing

It's not 2% on every heal, it's 2% on every crit heal you make. Which likely won't be much considering Druids shouldn't be stacking crit if we can choose mastery or haste instead. It's nice to have, sure, but I wouldn't consider it a major selling point for Tauren Resto Druids.

Ho. Sorry about this mistake i haven't understand that take effect only on crits.

So ok make sens!

Thanks for responding!

Deleted
    Druids work out to be slightly strnger as tauren if you tak glyph of regrowth, otherwise troll is decent for the burst healing cd. Either way, it makes little differance, the times of everyone rerolling to troll because of their racial is over.

Quote Originally Posted by Meatgrinder View Post
    the times of everyone rerolling to troll because of their racial is over.
    Yep and that'"s pretty nice.

Druids work out to be slightly strnger as tauren if you tak glyph of regrowth, otherwise troll is decent for the burst healing cd
    Have you some logs, tests or links about this?

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    This has been on my mind ever since it was decided that I was maining a resto druid for WoD. At first it seemed obvious....has to be troll, but when I think about it I really find it hard to choose.

15% haste on-demand is really nice to have, it will ALWAYS be useful on every single encounter in every single part of the game be it in 5 mans, PVP, or high end PVE raiding. The problem I have though is that it "only" lasts 10 seconds, and the fact that HoTs no longer keep that haste for their full duration (would have been sweet with germination).

So I guess that settles it? But no, because when I look at taurens racials they are not all that bad, especially if living seed in conjunction with regrowth turns out to be decent, sure we might not stack crit but its just an extra bonus and we have regrowth with its increased crit chance+glyph, we have the perk when healing the target of our lifebloom target gaining 20% crit to Healing Touch (Think it was) which obviously increase the value of this racial.

That bonus, albeit a small one, it always "on". Endurance is also a nice racial for raiding, more HP can only be a good thing and combined with the nature resistance racial is again another small but noteworthy gain. Warstomp has its uses, it probably won't get used that often in raids....but you never know.

If it were still possible to "snapshot" hots then the answer would be simple, but I'm still confused really as to which race is truly going to be the out and out winner. My guess is that for the cutting edge guilds, they'll probably end up race changing per encounter really, for the rest it probably doesn't matter either way....but with trolls having a slight upper hand.

Druids work out to be slightly strnger as tauren if you tak glyph of regrowth, otherwise troll is decent for the burst healing cd. Either way, it makes little differance, the times of everyone rerolling to troll because of their racial is over.
    Is it worth losing the HoT from regrowth using that glyph? Especially with the new healing model in WoD and the assumption that the raid will no longer be at full HP for most parts? Not to mention Nature's Swiftness increasing said HoT and the synergy with tier bonus. Regrowth has a base crit chance of 60% so in a raid I imagine having 70-75%+ crit won't be out of the question. I guess it boils down to: 25% of your regrowths (on average) not critting and thereby not applying Living Seed but applying a HoT compared to 100% Living Seed with no HoT.
    Last edited by Hypasonic; 2014-11-05 at 06:29 AM.

Deleted
    Troll for genesis!!!11

Quote Originally Posted by Erzengel View Post
    Troll for genesis!!!11
    The day I go troll just to use my Berserking on genesis... I can't even... no.