Warforged PvP Gear

Earlier last month I saw that there is a possibility to get warforged PvP gear from strongboxes. Is it still in-game or is it something like asia only? And if it's still there, how often does it drop from lockboxes?

10+ Year Old Account
    its 1st time i hear about it but i really hope warforged pvp gear wont happen, thats the worst possible idea blizz could have ...

Heard it could drop from strongboxes and is 5 item levels behind conquest gear in PvP.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't want RNG involved in PvP gearing. That's just asinine.

10+ Year Old Account
    But how is gemming supposed to work with pvp gear?

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    But how is gemming supposed to work with pvp gear?
    there isn't any.

Since all enchants are whatever secondary stat you want and since random gear for best pvp gear is obviously bad (hence, no random gem slots) there is no real reason to put in set gem slots on pvp gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Deleted
    Annoying, to say the least. Unless it gets scaled to the same item level this makes farming for RNG warforged all that much more necessary. Warforged to normal is quite a difference and will be felt. This also means, farming a new set between each season when the old one comes from strongboxes and can suddenly be warforged while the bought one will be "normal".

Who came up with this? This is horrid on so many levels.

http://upload.inven.co.kr/upload/201...3863835958.jpg

Screenshot I found in a different thread. Regular honor gear is ilvl 620 so it could very well be true. Maybe they want to close the gap between honor and conquest gear.

Honor (675)
    Warforged (681)
    Conquest (690)

10+ Year Old Account
    Not letting people gem pvp gear is going to be yet another huge hit to Jewelcrafting. *Sigh*

I just hope it has a high enough drop chance from strongboxes if they still drop from those..

"A Veteran’s Honor

Another issue on our radar is the ever-increasing item level gap between the gear you can purchase with Honor and Conquest points. To help bridge that gap, in Warlords we’re going to have three separate tiers of PvP gear.
    It starts with an introductory set of a quality similar to today’s Honor gear, except you’ll earn it much, much faster. That set comes primarily through the Strongboxes, and you’ve got a high chance of getting a piece in each Strongbox you earn. After that starter gear comes a new set: Veteran’s gear. There’s a small chance to find a piece of Veteran’s gear in a Silver or Gold Strongbox, but you can also purchase Veteran’s gear with Honor points. That gear’s PvP item level will be halfway between the starter gear and Gladiator’s gear.

Adding the Veteran’s tier accomplishes a lot of things for us. First, it helps make sure that someone who wants to step into rated PvP later on in the season isn’t nearly as far behind their opponents in gear. Second, since the basic gear is earned so quickly, that helps ensure players get those important set bonuses, trinkets, and so on without too much trouble, and helps put everyone on a decent baseline in their ability to compete. For players who enjoy PvP but aren’t really interested in jumping into rated competition, earning Veteran’s gear will feel a lot more rewarding.

As for Gladiator’s gear, we’ve been pretty happy with how Conquest points have worked in Season 15, but we are making one small change: Rated Battlegrounds and Arenas will have the same base Conquest cap. That cap can then be increased by your rating in either Arenas or Rated Battlegrounds (whichever is higher). Instead of giving you extra Conquest points, winning a Rated Battleground will allow you to use a bonus roll token for a shot at a piece of Gladiator’s gear, similar to the Celestial world bosses on the Timeless Isle. This tweak makes the weekly Conquest cap easier to understand, while still providing an extra incentive for running Rated Battlegrounds and letting you use your bonus rolls on PvP gear through PvP."

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/139...ttle-4-29-2014

Older blog post, but since I've heard about the drops fairly recently and the screenshot not being that old, we can safely assume this will be the case.
    Last edited by Shisui-kun; 2014-11-03 at 04:14 AM.

Bumping this up for visibility. Sorry if that is against the forum rules :<

Does anyone know if these "Veteran" gear drops from lockboxes?

I've only seen ilvl 675 gear drop from strong boxes though i didnt really pay attention when i opened the, because i was full primal gladiator geared.