Thread: Best GTX 970?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Same here man, all 4 are available in stock. To many Czech buyers!
    They all range between 380-410euro.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Radoleg View Post
    EU is more than one country you know, if it's supposed to be in EU it have to be in every member state, not only god damn UK!
    Yes, because that's how it works...

GODDAMN ASDA, WHY YOU NO HAVE BARBIE MAGICAL PRINCESS CASTLE IN SCUNTHORPE STORE BUT YOU HAVE IN LONDON STORE??? UNNACSPECTACLE!

10+ Year Old Account
    In a bar. Somewhere that carries Khalua, cream and Vodka
    You know, ripping into someone for being upset about not getting his card yet is not productive and completely outside of the scope of the OT.

That being said, OP: Any of the three mentioned would be fine. MSI, Asus or Gigabyte. Any of them would be good for you as long as they can fit in the case.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    anyone want doughnuts? i hear there is a great shop in Vancouver

10+ Year Old Account
    Excellent discussion, thank you for the replies. From the 970 cards I looked at, they seem to sport only 1 HDMI, then a display port/dvi interface. I have 2 24" monitors that are both using HDMI - are there any cards that have 2 HDMI, or do I need to get an DP-->HDMI adapter to keep my current setup?

Quote Originally Posted by Zippoflames View Post
    I bought the gigabyte g1 last week and soon as I put it in I overclocked it by about 20% give or take and its been smooth since.
    So +1 for the G1

But for some reason I cant get GeForce experience to open no matter what I try and as its my first NVidia card I have no idea what it does.
    Quote Originally Posted by Release View Post
    Basically it's your shadowplay that's all you would use it for.
    It's more than that. If your GPU supports LEDs, you can have the lighting do various things, you can control shadowplay, integrated streaming, you can control most any games screen res, AA, AF, HBAO, etc. via the game optimization feature, have the softwre auto optimize the game for you so when you fire it up you are good to go. You can also support ans setup your nVIDIA Shield devices for playing games on your shield from your computer using Gamestream, and even update and download new drivers including beta drivers, Has a ton of useful features.
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel

10+ Year Old Account
    In a bar. Somewhere that carries Khalua, cream and Vodka
    Quote Originally Posted by Pejo View Post
    Excellent discussion, thank you for the replies. From the 970 cards I looked at, they seem to sport only 1 HDMI, then a display port/dvi interface. I have 2 24" monitors that are both using HDMI - are there any cards that have 2 HDMI, or do I need to get an DP-->HDMI adapter to keep my current setup?
    There are cables that will go from DVI to HDMI.

Something like this one is sufficient.

I would just make sure that your monitors can't utilize DP, as it is (arguably) the best connection.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    anyone want doughnuts? i hear there is a great shop in Vancouver

10+ Year Old Account
    Sadly, both monitors are hdmi/dvi only. I'll have to downgrade to 1xHDMI and 1xDVI.

I've read that actually getting a 970 is hard ATM. My guess is that getting 1 on Black Friday/Cyber Monday is going to be even harder. Money isn't an issue but I don't want to overspend if I don't need to. What are your guy's thoughts on availability on that day?

10+ Year Old Account
    While HDMI 1.4 and DVIs don't have -that- much of a difference. I doubt you have any monitor with 10bit support if it has only HDMI and DVI where bandwidth actually can matter.
    https://pcmonitors.info/articles/cor...-and-amd-gpus/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kostattoo View Post
    Same here man, all 4 are available in stock. To many Czech buyers!
    They all range between 380-410euro.
    I know right? Fucking 100EUR margin compared to US price (we get buttfucked with overpriced GPU) that is not even available! Those fuckers in UK have tons of them in stock and they don't bother sending stock to us here in CZ... what a joke. I WANT MY 2 970 G1s NOW!!!! RIGHT NOOOOOOOOOOOWWWW!

So next week supposedly it will be delivered. 6 weeks extimated wait, so this is how it rolls here.
    Last edited by mmoc1f5e8fd9f1; 2014-11-04 at 02:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Question, my current monitor setup is via DVI and HDMI to DVI off of my HD 7850. DisplayPort is going to remain out of my reach for a long time, over a year I'm going to estimate; Is this going to bottleneck any sort of performance or responsiveness from a 970, specifically the Strix?
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Deleted
    Not sure about performance comparisons, but I bought the ASUS Strix + NZXT Kraken X60 about a month ago. I get 60fps+ on any game I play apart from witcher 2 in 4k on ultra lol. Never goes above 50 degrees under heavy load either, and runs super quiet compared to previous setups I've had. On idle it's silent.