JC vs Enchanting

I just hit 600 with alchemy, but I can't decide on enchanting or JC as my 2nd profession. Any advice or pro's/con's? Just thinking of something I can cut back on buying from the AH for raiding..while making some coin and getting some nice pve benefits early on.

at first glance enchanting seems the ideal choice, jc jewelry may sell real well at the beginning (as the t1 crafted epic doesn't need bloods) but its anyone guess how useful it will be in follow up raid tiers.

I would bet on JC this expac. WoD gear changes based on your spec except for Cloak, Rings, trinkets and neck. People who want to build up their offspec fast will have to buy Necks and Rings from you. Gems will not be as high in demand but they require daily cool downs so they should still make you money.

There will be less things to enchant and a lot of people will build the garrison enchanting hut so they can disenchant unused gear. So I know I'm going with JC over enchanting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RockeaterSarg View Post
    I would bet on JC this expac. WoD gear changes based on your spec except for Cloak, Rings, trinkets and neck. People who want to build up their offspec fast will have to buy Necks and Rings from you. Gems will not be as high in demand but they require daily cool downs so they should still make you money.

There will be less things to enchant and a lot of people will build the garrison enchanting hut so they can disenchant unused gear. So I know I'm going with JC over enchanting.
    You do realize that rings and necklaces (created by JC) have the Unique-Equipped: Warlords Crafted (3) limitation right? So if I grab both rings and a necklace, I won't be able to equipped anything else that has been crafted (i.e. inscription crafted trinket).

The current major benefit for JC crafted rings/necklaces is that it is a potentially easier source of spirit for healers but only initially. Upgrade tokens for JC still require that specific item... what was it called again? or right... Savage Blood.

Enchanting profession will still be the only source of good weapon enchants (garrison building only provides enchants for rings, necklaces, and cloaks).

Given that enchanting is the only real source of "reforging" in WoD, I think you might want to reconsider how influential it might be.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

I am going to keep JC on my main but with that said enchanting will be more profitable. The necks and rings will be a good sell for tanks and healers early on, for spirit and BA, but unless there are raid drop patterns JC epics and upgrades are dead early into first teir. Gems are an unknown variable currently, but I would bet most peopel will have less than 5 , if not fewer, slots per gear set.

Enchanting though will have all the good weapon enchants. Figure most will go ilvl upgrade>nominal bis>warforge bis for each difficulty, each teir, your profit opportunity is higher there. Once you add in pvp weapons its all over; enchanting wins because pvp gear wont have gem slots, as of current information.
    The Right isn't universally bad. The Left isn't universally good. The Left isn't universally bad. The Right isn't universally good. Legal doesn't equal moral. Moral doesn't equal legal. Illegal doesn't equal immoral. Immoral doesn't equal illegal.

Have a nice day.