10+ Year Old Account

Lack of mobility sucks.

Anyone else getting pillared hardcore in Arenas? There's just nothing I can do against pretty much every other class. Even Priests and Pallies can kite us now. They need to either give us a sprint like what the Pally has or decrease the cooldown on DG to like 12s to match Warrior charge.

Right now Death's Advance is no where good enough and what's worse is we not only have to spec Chillbrains, but doing so makes us sacrifice potential DPS ruins in order to root/snare the target. Roots also do not mesh with our DG in that it makes it fail.

DKs are the only class in the game without any useful mobility tools at the moment. We're at the same level Rets were 2 expansions ago.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Deleted
    Yeah, I switched classes because of that.
    I understand what you're saying, it's not that the DK should have a sprint, it's that the other classes shouldn't ALL have a gap closer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Groukh View Post
    Yeah, I switched classes because of that.
    I understand what you're saying, it's not that the DK should have a sprint, it's that the other classes shouldn't ALL have a gap closer.
    But now they all do, even Priests have like 2 sprints and a vanish. Pallies have their Freedom seals on a short CD now on top of their sprint judgements. Yet both classes have just as much ranged DPS if not more than a DK.

Not even going to mention how retarded Rogues and Druids are. If you see one, don't even bother chasing after them, you can't.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain

this miiiight be a long shot, but what about dropping Asphixiate, going Death's Advance, and making a macro for Unholy Pres + Deaths Advance for a nice mvmt speed+?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sengura View Post
    But now they all do, even Priests have like 2 sprints and a vanish. Pallies have their Freedom seals on a short CD now on top of their sprint judgements. Yet both classes have just as much ranged DPS if not more than a DK.

Not even going to mention how retarded Rogues and Druids are. If you see one, don't even bother chasing after them, you can't.
    Dks have
    - 2 stuns if unholy
    - short immunity to magic
    - pets that hit like a truck if unholy
    - 3 ways to get out of stuns
    - 2 ways to get out of fear
    - spammable ranged damage if unholy
    - repeatable instant heals
    - repeatable offensive dispels

Rets don't have all that and never did.

Deleted
    Don't fire your CC breaks when you can survive without and/or are not going for a kill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardball View Post
    Dks have
    - 2 stuns if unholy

If Unholy.

Also, what's the 3rd way to break stun? I got PvP trinket and IBF.

Anyone else getting pillared hardcore in Arenas? There's just nothing I can do against pretty much every other class. Even Priests and Pallies can kite us now. They need to either give us a sprint like what the Pally has or decrease the cooldown on DG to like 12s to match Warrior charge.

Right now Death's Advance is no where good enough and what's worse is we not only have to spec Chillbrains, but doing so makes us sacrifice potential DPS ruins in order to root/snare the target. Roots also do not mesh with our DG in that it makes it fail.

DKs are the only class in the game without any useful mobility tools at the moment. We're at the same level Rets were 2 expansions ago.
    Umm right... you should not be getting kited by a priest.

Deleted
    Instead of trying to change the class, you might want to change to a class that fits your needs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by swaylol View Post
    Umm right... you should not be getting kited by a priest.
    They can dispel your snare/root. I only have so many runes to snare them with before they're at the opposite end of the pillar not letting me tough them.

If Unholy.

It's Desecrated Ground, but that's pretty irrelevant, since the topic was about movement.

That said, our movement is fine. It's a part of the team composition puzzle--we aren't balanced around 1v1, and there are several functional 3's and 5's comps that include DK's.

If DKs had a gap close, on top of DG and the incredible damage we deal... we'd be gods.

Deleted
    If Unholy.

Desecrated Ground.

Also, I'm sorry but Unholy is THE arena pvp spec as it has a lot of utility, just like Sub is THE rogue pvp spec due to Shadow Dance that is just too good not to have it and only Sub gets Shadow Dance.

- - - Updated - - -

They can dispel your snare/root. I only have so many runes to snare them with before they're at the opposite end of the pillar not letting me tough them.
    In WoD, there is a glyph called Icy Reaper that makes the runes spent on Chains of Ice become death runes when they activate, I see it as a pretty big deal especially for unholy.
    Last edited by mmoc877584f10c; 2014-11-03 at 07:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardball View Post
    Dks have
    - 2 stuns if unholy

And frost doesnt have spammable ranged damage? I must be confused as to what howling blast is if it isn't spamable ranged damage (yes, runes are limited, so is runic power, if you can call death coil spammable then so is howling blast)

I also feel that unholy vs frost is a lot more even now that we don't have necrotic (which unholy could use 4 times in a row vs frost only 2 times). Rime procs give frost more dispel utility while ghoul gives unholy a bit more cc. After that the difference comes down to Unholy just having more, weaker damage sources while frost has less, stronger ones.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, whoever said priests have 2 sprints is wrong. They have feathers OR body and soul, not both. And if you're counting Glyph of Restored Faith, a 'leap' on a 1.5m CD is not going to help them kite around a pillar endlessly.

My ONLY issue with DK mobility is that i constantly have to keep changing between Death's Advance for PvE and the other two for some PvE fights and most PvP. I'd like it baseline for convenience, not for a gapcloser.
    Disc Priests: Just 2 mana trinkets away from becoming Withered

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    i don't know much about DK's but if you want a speed boost on top of your 4 trinkets that ain't going to fly.
    I admit you are pretty limited to being in melee range (makes sense) but not near as much as Warrior is. At least you can cast your death coils, outbreak, frost shit, chains and have a pet if UH with stuns and a leap a silence and deeps ontop of that. Giving you any sort of speed boost ontop of all that would be OP lets face it.

Mass dispel has a 15sec cd. While casting mass dispel, that's free dmg you're getting off. I'm not even sure if a shadow priest can even CC a DK. 1v1 speaking.
    Last edited by Lubsin; 2014-11-06 at 12:20 PM.