[WoD] ChiEx vs Serenity

Hey guys,
    as someone who has played WW and BrM Monk from the very beginning of Pandaria and who has not gotten the chance to go into beta testing, I have questions regarding our Lev. 100 talent choices and the required gear for each talent.
    Assuming the tuning stays as is, which bosses from the new tier of raiding favor the use of ChiEx and which ones favor the use of serenity?
    Also, I've read in this forum that ChiEx has different stat weights than serenity. Assuming we only get the serenity-gear, would changing serenity for ChiEx in bossfights which (mathematically) favor the use of ChiEx still be valid ?
    Oh, and one more thing that I can't quite seem to find the answer for: In current live-build, when do we use teb ? Do I use it for every fof (regardless of stacks) ? Do I use it with every trinket procc ? Or do I just use it everytime I hit 10 stacks ?

Thanks in advance guys!

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If there are adds to blow up with ChiEx, then it's better, as a general rule.

I am assuming that to use ChiEx you want more haste to increase chi generation. You're question requires math beyond me, so I won't venture more than that.

As I said two posts below this one: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...How-to-use-TEB
    Use TEB when trinkets proc regardless of stacks. when you're above 16 stacks, or if there is a time of increased boss damage
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Thank you for your answer Babylonius.

I'm still wondering though if using teb for every fof wouldn't come out ahead in terms of dps compared to using teb on trinket proccs. Since fof is our hardest-hitting spell right now. I guess I'll just have to go ahead and test both versions. thanks anyways!

With the capping of ChEx's damage, it really drops off past two targets.

Here's a post that goes into the math for the change: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post30323340

As for TeB, for current content (SoO), if you have AoC, you won't have nearly a full 10 stack for every FoF. A Mythic WF AoC reduces your FoF CD to something like 13 seconds (IIRC). In that situation, you could almost fit two FoFs into a single TeB (not quite though). I find myself holding TeB use for trinkets because of the short CD on FoF.

In WoD, without AoC, the CD of FoF will allow you to accrue nearly 10 stacks of TeB between FoF, making FoF a very attractive CD to use TeB with.
    Last edited by Jocias; 2014-11-03 at 05:49 PM.

BrM handles this problem quite a lot differently than WW since it's a lot more than just a question of what does more damage. I don't really have time to go into it at the moment, but while WW is just single target vs AoE damage for BrM it's about tankiness vs increasing all damage.