Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Leech broken or just OP?

I have noticed something about the new stat Leech, im sure you guys have aswell.

And that is that leech seems to be ignoring healing reduce effects, mind you I have only tried it in legacy raids, where leech is godawfully strong. So I cant say how it works in PVP. But it seems to me that it surely cant be intended for it to ignore it completely. Take halfus for example, he stacks his mortal strike to 96% reduced healing. No problem, second wind or juggernaut healing just laughs at it and carries on.

Another example is Cho gall. If you get your corruption to 100 you get transformed to a faceless one dealing 100% more damage have no cast times etc but you cant recieve any healing...well leech just pisses on the healing reduce and keeps going. So, is leech broken and we should expect a nerf or "intended"?

As long as it doesn't affect rated PvP or current content, it's a non-issue as far as I am concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Djjoe View Post
    I have noticed something about the new stat Leech, im sure you guys have aswell.

And that is that leech seems to be ignoring healing reduce effects, mind you I have only tried it in legacy raids, where leech is godawfully strong. So I cant say how it works in PVP. But it seems to me that it surely cant be intended for it to ignore it completely. Take halfus for example, he stacks his mortal strike to 96% reduced healing. No problem, second wind or juggernaut healing just laughs at it and carries on.

Another example is Cho gall. If you get your corruption to 100 you get transformed to a faceless one dealing 100% more damage have no cast times etc but you cant recieve any healing...well leech just pisses on the healing reduce and keeps going. So, is leech broken and we should expect a nerf or "intended"?
    I haven't done any testing on the matter, but I would imagine that because Leech is a new ability it isn't coded to work with older spell effects in the game. Example; Cho'Galls no healing likely doesn't flag Leech as a healing effect.

As for Halfus, again not sure, but keep in mind that Leech is a percentage of damage done and against lower level mobs you will be hitting excessively hard compared to your relatively small health pool. Do you remember how hard you were hitting and how much you were healing? Also possible it simply doesn't work with the Leech effect.

Or something could be broken. Who knows. Test more and let us know what you find out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Delaios View Post
    As long as it doesn't affect rated PvP or current content, it's a non-issue as far as I am concerned.
    How do you know it doesn't affect one or the other if you don't test? What he's found could very well do both.

Deleted
    The more enemies, the better leech is, it actually scales with the number of opponents. In 1v1, 2v2 or 3v3 leech is 100% useless but in bgs I can see it being very nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think there the Leech stat will be present on PvP gear so I seriously doubt it will be present in PvP at all besides talents/abilities.

It might become a small problem in PvE, but even then they're in theory sacrificing DPS for the Leech stat afaik. The only place where Leech is OP is in old content, which blizzard doesn't give two shits about anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Ermahgerd View Post
    I don't think there the Leech stat will be present on PvP gear so I seriously doubt it will be present in PvP at all besides talents/abilities.

It might become a small problem in PvE, but even then they're in theory sacrificing DPS for the Leech stat afaik. The only place where Leech is OP is in old content, which blizzard doesn't give two shits about anyways.
    Leech is a tertiary stat isnt it? Don't think tertiary stats work in pvp (including gem slots). Also, they aren't sacrificing dps if it is a tertiary stat, they are sacrificing other utility (unless they use leech over a socket, but you can have both...).

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    Leech is and will be terrible in any PvP scenario, I guarentee it

Deleted
    I dont ever see leech becoming "great" in PvP. I havent had a chance to get the jugg trinket as of yet so I cant really comment on who powerfull it is. But I will say this: Healing in legacy raids are extremly powerfull. Especially those based off damage done

Leech as a stat is fine, it's the restriction of needing to be at 35% health or lower that kills the talent for me. Still die in some legacy content because I'm at 40%-50% or so then take that amount of burst damage, prime examples being Morchok's Stomp and Gariona's Onslaught or whatever that giant purple swirl is called. Would rather it be the old Second Wind or just a passive 5% Leech usable at all health levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Djjoe View Post
    mind you I have only tried it in legacy raids
    I don't really think this is relevant. Obviously it works great for legacy content for the increased damage but seriously who the fuck cares. Blackout kick crits work wonders as well for instance or soullink.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2014-11-03 at 04:19 PM.

Leech is stong in legacy raids because you hit for say 300k, if you then have 1% leech it will heal you for 3000.

As a mage I solo legacy content with the Juggernaut's focusing crystal that gives me 1.77% leech, and I can solo pretty much anyting I want since it keeps me alive. (depending on some bosses ofc, where it only keeps me alive long enough to actually kill, on others, it heals me more than the boss damage me). Which IMO is a good thing, since I pretty much only play the mage and I can now solo all content that have a raremount I want, not needing to roll some "OP solo class" for it to work.

It wont be nearly as good in current content than it is in legacy, so it will be a stat that is nice to have but not really needed what so ever concerning current content or PvP

10+ Year Old Account
    Leech is a novelty stat whose main use is soloing old content due to the massively inflated damage you do converting even 2% Leech (which is what I have with my Jugg trinket on) into an unstoppable flow of constant HP.

It might be decent for tanking, but it's not going to be gamebreaking in current content. The numbers are far too low.
    ill probably be infracted for this post

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    It might be decent for tanking, but it's not going to be gamebreaking in current content. The numbers are far too low.
    With talents being spec specific, it greatly bothers me they dont/wont up it to at least 50% for protection. Preferably 60-65% to make it remotely useful imo.

Deleted
    Leech is a dog shit stat, it's like saying the self healing dks got from Blood Presence in WotLK was good, despite the fact it healed for absolutely nothing. Doesn't matter in old raids because the bosses do no damage anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Leech as a stat is fine, it's the restriction of needing to be at 35% health or lower that kills the talent for me. Still die in some legacy content because I'm at 40%-50% or so then take that amount of burst damage, prime examples being Morchok's Stomp and Gariona's Onslaught or whatever that giant purple swirl is called. Would rather it be the old Second Wind or just a passive 5% Leech usable at all health levels.
    Pro tip- ignore the giant purple swirl, it does lol damage to the ship now. Only thing you have to worry bout on gunship v2 is sappers.

Morchok's Stomp has to be avoided for now- even as a 585 ilvl tank, a stomp will reduce me to ~20% health.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Deleted
    Can one of you math pro's give me a guesstimate on just how bad Second wind is for pve, regardless of role, compared to ER/IV ? <3

I get a headache just trying to think of where to start and what factors to consider lol.
    Last edited by mmoc51f27689b0; 2014-11-03 at 11:31 PM. Reason: changed leech to 2nd wind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by santa666 View Post
    Can one of you math pro's give me a guesstimate on just how bad Second wind is for pve, regardless of role, compared to ER/IV ? <3

I get a headache just trying to think of where to start and what factors to consider lol.
    Are you planning on spending a lot of time at 35% HP? If not...
    ill probably be infracted for this post

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    Are you planning on spending a lot of time at 35% HP? If not...
    Not at all, but i would like a ballpark figure so i can make a solid case for how underwhelming it is for prot after the leech change compared to our 2 other % based heals. Specially now that talents can be made spec specific. No need for that tone m8 :P

I've already mentioned it on twitter but i would like to make a stronger case. Regardless of how little they listen...

leech is only strong in situation where u have a several 100 % dmg buff, like soloing old raids where u hit for several 100k per second. The stat itself is extremely week, and wont make a difference in pvp, and will be a very minor, not really noticable benefit in pve, as it is designet to be. Taking it over dmg stats is in any circumstance bad, because more dmg will also yield more of the existing leech stat, and with high dmg % buff, those gains are exactly as strong as the leech stat itself, and if leech stat has any dr (i dont know of), it will always be worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Pro tip- ignore the giant purple swirl, it does lol damage to the ship now. Only thing you have to worry bout on gunship v2 is sappers.

Morchok's Stomp has to be avoided for now- even as a 585 ilvl tank, a stomp will reduce me to ~20% health.
    I was just in defensive stance using other cds to make sure I'd survive but be below 35% to make sure my next big hit healed me back to 70% or more.

Quote Originally Posted by Holofernes View Post
    leech is only strong in situation where u have a several 100 % dmg buff, like soloing old raids where u hit for several 100k per second. The stat itself is extremely week, and wont make a difference in pvp, and will be a very minor, not really noticable benefit in pve, as it is designet to be. Taking it over dmg stats is in any circumstance bad, because more dmg will also yield more of the existing leech stat, and with high dmg % buff, those gains are exactly as strong as the leech stat itself, and if leech stat has any dr (i dont know of), it will always be worse.
    Leech is a tertiary stat so it doesn't compete against normal damage stats.