Deleted

to use or to be used

Do you feel like that, in everyday situations, you are the one using others to benefit from them or are you the one being used by others?

Like, in class, when the person next to you tells you to show him/her your results/answers/solutions...are you like:"bugger off" OR do you feel like you have to help him/her in order to maintain a 'good' relationship?

Personally I hate people who didn't do their work and want me to show them how it's done.

On the other hand, I do exploit it when someone is nice enough to help me out when I'm unprepared.

I know, I'm a bad person.

What about you?

Deleted
    I can't stand people not liking me, so I usually help them anyway.

I would show them how to do the work. If they don't want to take the time to learn how to do it, they can go somewhere else.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinnegan
    Do you feel like that, in everyday situations, you are the one using others to benefit from them or are you the one being used by others?
    I do things that I believe that are beneficial to me, and other people do what is beneficial to them, so... both.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends. If they usually do their work pretty well, I have no problem covering for a classmate or coworker who had a late night or something. If it's constant, they can blow me. That being said, I have no problem asking for help if I need it, but if they don't mind just giving me answers I got no problem with that either.

10+ Year Old Account
    i try to be helpful, but (usually) not because i expect something in return, or because i feel i have to "in order to maintain a 'good' relationship". i just like being nice. similarly, i like being around other people who i think are like that as well, and i will gladly take something that is offered, or ask for something (that i would give/do myself if the situation was reversed).

there are situations in which i do like just using other people, though...

<.<

>.>

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinnegan View Post
    Personally I hate people who didn't do their work and want me to show them how it's done.
    It's one thing to do work for them, but showing them how it's done is entirely different; By helping them understand they will usually get the hang of it and don't have to ask you again. It's not about using you. Of course, if you're just studying then it's also a good way to learn by explaining things to people.

If you're talking about exams then yeah just tell them to fuck off.

Like, in class, when the person next to you tells you to show him/her your results/answers/solutions...are you like:"bugger off" OR do you feel like you have to help him/her in order to maintain a 'good' relationship?

On the other hand, I do exploit it when someone is nice enough to help me out when I'm unprepared.

What about you?
    There's no difference in effort required to be pleasant or unpleasant, it is solely your ego that demands to be fed when you choose to be a dick.

What about you?
    Why does it have to be about being used/exploited and or exploiting/using others in the first place?

Dude didnt do his homework and i happened to do it, its all his, as if i give a crap. Not going to get a million dollars from it.
    Besides you can see it from another perspective, if you do favors to others, they owe you one.

Has modern mentality become so competition focused they can no longer see why help someone purely out of helping them without any exploitation dynamics?

15+ Year Old Account
    If it doesn't affect myself, I'll always help. If it does affect me, I consider whether or not it's worth it.

It depends on a lot of factors. In the end, if I'm not getting anything out of the exchange, i don't see a point in doing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Deleted
    I both give and take.

Family and friends can always count on my help and support but outside of that I have to admit I rarely give the same unless I receive as well.

I want to help, but I usually avoid it because I'm a bad teacher, I don't truly understand how others learn and get aggravated when I try to explain something and another person doesn't get it. Some might think I'm mean for not helping, but it's probably for the best since I'd probably make you feel stupid instead. I don't recall ever asking anyone for help in school, so I don't think I'm a user.

When it comes exploiting others, I do it all the time when it comes to deciding where to eat.
    X

Neither. I have no interest in using others, and too much pride to allow myself to be used. I will put myself first though, if it comes down to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    If it doesn't affect myself, I'll always help. If it does affect me, I consider whether or not it's worth it.
    /thread really

10+ Year Old Account
    All depends on the person. Does the person genuinely struggle with the subject/work? I'd help the best I can. Is the person some popular smug who thinks he can abuse my knowledge? Then I'd say bugger off.

I'd like to think I give and take equally and fairly hehe.

give a lil

take tons