Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How many people here play D3 on PS4?

Im curious how many people play it on the PS4, and what are the major advantages of it on the PS4 over the PC?

No more than 0

- - - Updated - - -

The advantage is that the game is more fun and natural because it was always meant to be a console game.

The only disadvantage is that the community is centered around PC.

This game was simply meant to be a console game. Am just surprised it took so long. I myself play it on the Xbox 360. Have not made the jump to next gen yet.

And I say it after spending 200+ hours on the PC. Having direct control of your character is a big bonus and improvement over the click and move.

Deleted
    I have to ask, how much does the controller limit your "control" for aiming? Considering how certain spells like Fist of the Heavens require precise placement around the bosses to deal their maximum damage (unless they've changed how the spell works, which I doubt).

Quote Originally Posted by Grxl View Post
    I have to ask, how much does the controller limit your "control" for aiming? Considering how certain spells like Fist of the Heavens require precise placement around the bosses to deal their maximum damage (unless they've changed how the spell works, which I doubt).
    I'm trying to remember how the PS3 one did it, but I swore it would just be a set area ahead of you it would go for spells that you have to place.

Quote Originally Posted by NordWitcher View Post
    This game was simply meant to be a console game. Am just surprised it took so long. I myself play it on the Xbox 360. Have not made the jump to next gen yet.

And I say it after spending 200+ hours on the PC. Having direct control of your character is a big bonus and improvement over the click and move.
    I don't think it's fair to say this. It was designed to be easily portable to console, in terms of ability structure and player inputs (and most probably, in the coding/backend stuff, despite it taking a while for console). If it was meant specifically to be a console game, they would have put it there first, or at least simultaneously. And the franchise has historically been PC - even in D2, the console version was a secondary thing.

It's not like GTA5 for example, which was developed for consoles but is being ported (slowly) to PC. Some games are console/PC multiplatform to begin with, some start on the one side and move to the other. It's only reasonable that if the latter is planned for (as in this case), that the original game design would take that into account.

I could see how some could prefer it on console, though I know I would still prefer the PC controls.
    Main - Spirál - Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Spiralphoenix View Post
    If it was meant specifically to be a console game, they would have put it there first, or at least simultaneously. And the franchise has historically been PC - even in D2, the console version was a secondary thing.
    I think he's trying to say that because the game plays and feels so good on the console, it almost seems like the game isn't a PC port, but more like the game was originally designed for the console. I happen to agree with him, it feels a million times better on the console than it does on the PC, mainly because of the control you have over the character.

Targeting enemies isn't as easy as it is on the PC in some situations, however this only occurs when you have fucked up your positioning or pulled more than you can handle.

PS4 version of this game made me put down the PC version, haven't played it since.

Very curious how this would play on a console ive yet to try it myself, seems like it would be fun if you had a group of friends over

10+ Year Old Account
    The 'Lock On' function with one of the trigger buttons is fantastic for kiting monsters. I personally love the console version. It plays so bloody bell. It's just a shame it'll never be updated as quickly, have the same level of community or support as the PC version.
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    LFR can be too easy for individual players, but individual players get lumped with 24 other random people, and it's pretty much certain that in 25 random people you'll have at least one guy who makes you wonder how he managed to switch his computer on.

Deleted
    i want to play on PS4 but dont have the money

I used to play on ps4 until my ps4 broke

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm currently playing this on PS4 and am having an absolutely blast.
    Played on PC since the title came out back in 2012. When the game came out of console (specifically PS4 for me) I decided to grab it and haven't looked back.
    Would highly recommend this on console, the controls are more fluent and you feel like you have more direct control over your character

Quote Originally Posted by AngryAdams View Post
    I'm currently playing this on PS4 and am having an absolutely blast.
    Played on PC since the title came out back in 2012. When the game came out of console (specifically PS4 for me) I decided to grab it and haven't looked back.
    Would highly recommend this on console, the controls are more fluent and you feel like you have more direct control over your character
    I feel the exact opposite, I prefer to play it on PC.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I don't know, I think it has something to do with the fact I'm not clicking away from my character. It's definitely interesting to see how they've changed the game since its launch.

I never have. Already own the PC version, and I don't see any need to buy a console version of a game I already own.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciddy View Post
    I never have. Already own the PC version, and I don't see any need to buy a console version of a game I already own.
    I never played any Diablo but when I got my PS4 and heard this was on console I decided to give it a try without any prior knowledge or watching videos. Since I been playing warcraft for so long i decided to give it a try and I absolutely love it. Its so smooth and flawless all I need is some PVP and I'm happy.

Playing on PS4 and having lots of fun, the controls feel great to me.

Playing a furious charge on console without a mouse wouldn't work.

A friend of mine plays on ps4, and he says it's full of people with hacked items, who are easily clearing up to greater rift 100 without any difficulties.. Not sure if I would want to play something like that. :|
    "How poor are they that have not patience"

10+ Year Old Account
    I am for PC master race, but this game flat out just plays better on console. I played the PC version for years. My roommate wanted us to play together, and since he doesn't have a PC, I bought the ps3 version. We each have one of each class at 70 and are getting ready to break paragon 100. I uninstalled my PC copy. The controls are so much easier, and some of the 'perks' are better on console. Like breaking items give you a movement speed bonus vs just exp like the PC version does. There are several little things like that that are just better on console.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.