Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    To those with fps drops because of sound channels...are you using onboard audio or a dedicated sound card?
    Warrax, Fury Warrior
    Silika, BM Hunter

15+ Year Old Account
    And as usual this turns into a "argument thread"

Quit bickering and help the man solve his issue.

Max temp on the 780Ti is 95C, thats from the horses mouth, Nvidia. That being said...that is a little warm, I would clean out the case and make sure airflow is not obstructed.

As far as the dumps in fps check your sound settings like others have stated, drivers, addons as well.

Post back and let us know how its going.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Warrax View Post
    To those with fps drops because of sound channels...are you using onboard audio or a dedicated sound card?
    I'm using a Xonar DGX SC but I've also tested with onboard sound and I get similar results. From what I've read the issue happens for all sorts of setups with and without sound cards.

It is definitely the game, I get the same performance on my laptop as on my gaming machine, got a bunch of mates who played it and all the same nonsense. Early on people claimed it was fixable by upgrading to an SSD and installing the game there, other people suggested the sound channel settings. Initially it would be choppy and laggy and horrible for the first 20mins of play and then it would be ok.

In ROS though I noticed a big improvement over D3 in performance, it's still not fantastic though but for the most part the issue is gone for me in ROS. It is obviously the game because it's a problem that can be seen on a fairly widespread case and is nothing to do with the general specs of your PC. Buying a faster processor/memory/gpu is not going to make any difference at all.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4