Page 1 of 2
LastLast

November 3 Hotfixes, Gladiator's Sanctum, On My Own, Blue Tweets, Blizzcon Party

BlizzCon begins this Friday, Blizzcon Merch Sale, Loh and LaK clarification

Hearthstone World Championship Opening Weekend Survival Guide

Skin Spotlight: Master Stitches

The End Game Tournament - Day 4

Patch 6.0.3 Hotfixes - November 3
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Darkmoon Faire
    • Reduced the levels of Moonfang, Moonfang Packmate, Moonfang Dreadhowl, Moonfang Snarler, and Darkmoon Rabbit back to pre-Warlords expansion levels. The creatures needs to respawn for the changes to take effect.
    • Heirloom items sold at the Darkmoon Faire should no longer have a gold cost associated with them.
    • Firebird's Challenge: Blazing Rings are no longer shared with other players.
    • It's Hammer Time: Characters that have been flagged as PvP enabled should now be able to complete the quest.

Classes

Quests
    • Blood of the Betrayer: Rogues should now be able to remove Arcane Infused Armor from Nalice, and be able to complete the quest.
    • Dah, Nunt... Dah, Nunt...: Players should no longer remain stunned indefinitely and be able to complete the quest.
    • Get Kraken!: Increased the health for North Sea Kraken by 1000%.

Dungeons, Raids, and Scenarios
    • Raids
      • Throne of Thunder
        • [Requires a realm restart.] Dark Winds debuff should no longer incorrectly persist on the character, preventing them from being able to use mounts.
      • Ulduar
        • XT-002 Deconstructor's Searing Light ability should no longer deal an excessive amount of damage.
      • The Obsidian Sanctum
        • Defeating Sartharion too quickly should no longer cause him to not drop a mount.
      • Black Temple
        • Illidan Stormrage: Fixed an issue where defeating Flames of Azzinoth too quickly in phase 2 may cause Illidan to not land.
    • Dungeons
      • Ahn'kahet: The Old Kingdom: Resolved an issue where players defeating multiple packs of creatures in the room too quickly could cause Jedoga Shadowseeker to remain not attackable.
      • Hellfire Ramparts: Players should now be able to loot the Reinforced Fel Iron Chest after defeating Vazruden the Herald.
      • Razorfen Downs: Resolved an issue where Amnennar the Coldbringer may sometimes fail to be summoned when Death Speaker Blackthorn is defeated.

Battlegrounds and Arenas
    • Battlegrounds
      • Increased Honor gains for Arathi Basin, Deepwind Gorge, Eye of the Storm, and The Battle for Gilneas. Honor is now awarded for every 150 resources gathered (up from Honor being awarded for every 250 resources gathered).
      • Returning a flag in Battlegrounds should correctly play an appropriate sound once more.

Items
    • Made a number of adjustments where lower level food items were providing a larger than intended buff.

UI
    • Timeless Isle Tokens and legendary weapons looted during the fight with Kael'thas Sunstrider in Tempest Keep are no longer included in the guild news panel.
    • Bags set to "Ignore this bag" should now be saving the setting correctly when the character logs out or zones into a new area.
    • /console colorblindshader [0-8] has been re-enabled and replaced with /console colorblindsimulator [0-8].

Bug Fixes
    • Resolved a frame rate stuttering issue that was affecting some Mac OS clients.
    • [Requires a realm restart.] Mobile Armory's guild chat should be working once more.

Warlords of Draenor - Garrisons: Gladiator's Sanctum
    Today we are taking a look at the final Medium building, the Gladiator's Sanctum. You can find the other Medium building previews in the Warlords of Draenor menu above this post.

The Gladiator's Sanctum takes up a Medium plot which can also be used for a Lumber Mill, Barn, Trading Post or Inn / Tavern. Once upgraded to Tier 3, your garrison will have two Medium plots available.

Abilities
    This building is good for PvP perks, achievements, and titles.

• Level 1 - Increases your out-of-combat regeneration in outdoor Draenor zones and allows the collection of broken bones from defeated enemy players (used for Conqueror's Tribute).
    • Level 2 - Enables safe fall and underwater breathing in outdoor Draenor zones. Also enables the Nemesis quest series for defeating enemy players of specific races.
    • Level 3 - Show your might over opposing hostile players across Draenor and hone your strength on the blood-soaked arena floor. Slay your enemies and return with proof of their demise to earn powerful tributes!

Level 3 Unlock
    The Level 3 version of this building is unlocked by completing the The Bone Collector achievement, which requires you to collect 4,000 Broken Bones from killing players.

Work Orders
    The Gladiator's Sanctum allows you to collect Broken Bones from killing players, with ~4 earned per kill. You can then trade 10 of these bones for Gold, Honor Points, and Conquest Points.

Training Dummies
    This building has multiple DPS training dummies, as well as a Healer training dummy.

Highmaul Coliseum
    Upon unlocking the Level 3 building, you can queue for Highmaul Coliseum. The Coliseum is a scenario that has a large number of players that participate in free for all PvP to the last man standing. If the fight goes on too long, the environment may finish it for you.

The winner gets The Last of Us achievement, along with a title and some items. If you didn't win, you will get some mail with a Highmaul Lockbox, which has a chance for an item level 620 PvP item, Apexis Crystals, some honor, or other things.

Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
    You fought well...
    For a complete failure. Perhaps this box of trinkets will help you in achieving victory next time.

Try not to lose so badly again. Just remember that second place is first loser.

- Gharg

P.S. It might also just be a box full of junk. Who knows?

Achievements
    Many of these achievements reward a title for killing many players of another race. Once you select an enemy race, you cannot change to another until you have completed the selected one.

Name Side Points Reward
    The Last of Us Become the last gladiator standing at the Highmaul Coliseum.
    The Bone Collector Collect Broken Bones from other players in Player versus Player combat across Draenor.
    Nemesis: Death Stalker Complete the quest Nemesis: Death Stalker at the Gladiator's Sanctum.
    Alliance 5
    Nemesis: Draenei Destroyer Complete the quest Nemesis: Draenei Destroyer at the Gladiator's Sanctum.
    Horde 5
    Nemesis: Dwarfstalker Complete the quest Nemesis: Dwarfstalker at the Gladiator's Sanctum.
    Horde 5
    Nemesis: Gnomebane Complete the quest Nemesis: Gnomebane at the Gladiator's Sanctum.
    Horde 5
    Title Reward: Gnomebane <Name>
    Nemesis: Huojin's Fall Complete the quest Nemesis: Huojin's Fall at the Gladiator's Sanctum.
    Alliance 5
    Title Reward: <Name>, Huojin's Fall
    Nemesis: Killer of Kezan Complete the quest Nemesis: Killer of Kezan at the Gladiator's Sanctum.
    Alliance 5
    Nemesis: Manslayer Complete the quest Nemesis: Manslayer at the Gladiator's Sanctum.
    Horde 5
    Title Reward: Manslayer <Name>
    Nemesis: Orcslayer Complete the quest Nemesis: Orcslayer at the Gladiator's Sanctum.
    Alliance 5
    Title Reward: Orcslayer <Name>
    Nemesis: Scourge of the Kaldorei Complete the quest Nemesis: Scourge of the Kaldorei at the Gladiator's Sanctum.
    Horde 5
    Nemesis: Slayer of Sin'dorei Complete the quest Nemesis: Slayer of Sin'dorei at the Gladiator's Sanctum.
    Alliance 5
    Nemesis: Terror of the Tushui Complete the quest Nemesis: Terror of the Tushui at the Gladiator's Sanctum.
    Horde 5
    Nemesis: The Butcher Complete the quest Nemesis: The Butcher at the Gladiator's Sanctum.
    Alliance 5
    Title Reward: <Name> the Butcher
    Nemesis: Troll Hunter Complete the quest Nemesis: Troll Hunter at the Gladiator's Sanctum.
    Alliance 5
    Title Reward: Troll Hunter <Name>
    Nemesis: Worgen Hunter Complete the quest Nemesis: Worgen Hunter at the Gladiator's Sanctum.
    Horde 5
    Title Reward: Worgen Hunter <Name>
    Warlord of Draenor Complete all of the Nemesis quests at the Gladiator's Sanctum and the quest Fight, Kill, Salute! at the Highmaul Coliseum.
    Horde 10
    Warlord of Draenor Complete all of the Nemesis quests at the Gladiator's Sanctum and the quest Fight, Kill, Salute! at the Highmaul Coliseum.
    Alliance 10

Interface Art

Level 1 Alliance Screenshots

Level 1 Horde Screenshots

Level 2 Alliance Screenshots

Level 2 Horde Screenshots

Machinima - On My Own
    A nicely done parody of Let It Go was recently released.

Blue Tweets
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Classes
    Safe to assume some live tuning changes are aimed specifically at level 90 and will be re-evaluated at launch?
    Tuning changes were made primarily (but not exclusively) for better 90 balance, but do affect 100. Will adjust at 100 as needed. (Celestalon)

Character / Items
    Wha!? I guess I only ever try mounting with the few shapeshifting items that aren't allowed.
    If it has a mount anim, we're generally ok with letting you mount (Muffinus)

What happened to the idea of account wide class mounts? It made it to the beta but never made it to live.
    Class mounts are iconic parts of each class, in the same way that stag form and ghost wolf are emblematic of druid/shaman. (Muffinus)

as you're pointing out "usable all year around" yourself, I hope some other holiday-only items change with time. Broom mounts?
    We've discussed the broom before. It feels cool and unique being insta-cast, keeping it to the holiday keeps it from being OP. (Muffinus)

Idea for next Hallow's End: Cosmetic witch hats!
    This is a good idea. (Muffinus)

How is the random stats/gems on items being affected while doing challenge modes?
    Draenor gems and tertiary stats will have no effect in Challenge Modes. (WatcherDev)

PvP
    in season one arena = 180 conquest, so one arena skirmish should = 180 honour points (or at-least half).
    Skirmishes are not intended to have rated arena levels of efficiency. (holinka)

In WoD, will random battleground wins reward Conquest points?
    Yes (holinka)

Lore
    Do you have anything to say to someone like me who thinks the story and lore in AU draenor is lessened by the fact that it is AU?
    It's also just a super interesting and epic setting that adds a lot of history and clarity to Outland, orcs and draenei. (_DonAdams)
    For all we know our Arakkoa could have a completely different history then the ones on AU draenor, for example.
    My understanding is that the histories are the same up to the point where Garrosh arrives and begins mucking things up. (_DonAdams)
    They're not the same until then. Characters like Rulkan (who was long dead 35 years ago in our timeline) are alive on AU Draenor.
    I would say Rulkan is an exception, not the rule. (_DonAdams)
    So if you folks wanted to expand on the stories of say the Arakkoa then you should've made a timeline split when Garrosh arrived.
    It did split when Garrosh arrived. He's been there for at least several months before they open the portal to Azeroth. (_DonAdams)
    As for arakkoa, I wrote the WoD arakkoa lore and took care not to retcon. This is what they were before the first horde. (_DonAdams)

World
    so can we expect a fix next year? I think we all respect the tech side. Just frustrating that Ally is overlooked again.
    Respectfully, you weren't overlooked. I worked on this content in Cata, and specifically tried to make Ally one just as cool. (_DonAdams)
    It has been this way for almost 4 years, and only now am I seeing reports about the flagging issues. Crappy bug, want to fix. (_DonAdams)
    But it has nothing to do with Alliance content being somehow less cared about or overlooked. It's not fair to insinuate that. (_DonAdams)

Yes saw that, I still feel that making a change that harms actual players because of bots or exploits is like fixing 1/2
    Again, the intent isn't to harm players farming mobs, it's to let us grant you XP for things we couldn't before. (Muffinus)
    But only once through as you said. It should be all that it should grant at level. Your bot/exploit problem shouldn't impact me.
    That's the goal! No impacts for your normal playing experience! (Muffinus)

End of Beta Event
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    We had a lot of fun over here with today's event, I hoped you all did too.

On behalf of the World of Warcraft Quality Assurance team, I want to thank all of you for helping us test the Warlords of Draenor expansion. You folks were invaluable throughout the beta in providing feedback and helping us track down important bugs before we go live next week. I loved interacting with you all on the forums, in-game, and on twitter; you're a great bunch of people!

Thanks again! See you all in Draenor!

Blizzcon 2014 Virtual Ticket Giveaway
    Our friends at Gamepedia are giving away 25 Blizzcon Virtual Tickets.

Blizzcon 2014 Party
    Our friends at AskMrRobot and OpenRaid are taking part in a party at the Hilton for Blizzcon 2014. There will be panels hosted by various podcasts and fansites, Hearthstone tournaments, a photo booth, fan art exhibit, and lots of giveaways. Goody bags, t-shirts, Blizzard swag, posters, fan art, and more! There will also be 1,000 AskMrRobot Premium keys and 1,000 Curse Premium keys up for grabs!

Last edited by chaud; 2014-11-04 at 05:16 PM.

So do accountwide class mounts on a class by class basis. All DKs get the plucked chicken if one has, all paladins on the same faction can use each other's racial holy steeds, as long as there are animations for that race + mount combo, etc. Even some of the outlandish ones like Tauren on a BE mount, or Dwarf on an Elekk SHOULD have animations now.

Deleted
    Again, the intent isn't to harm players farming mobs, it's to let us grant you XP for things we couldn't before.
    ....seriously. How is that even a thing??

No nerfs for the heirloom swords yet? Shweet, i do so love smashing dummies for a game crashing 8 million dps.

Pretty jelly of the alliance death stalker's title. =/

Oh after 7 days finally a fix for Mac OS X users because you know the game was unplayable for that entire player base. Will Blizzard ever just come out and admit that they fucked up and rushed 6.0.3 before fully testing it! The 7 days took me back to the last time the game was unplayable, cough cough BC launch. Maybe in the future Blizzard can learn from this mistake and communicate with the community more frequently instead of playing the silent game. More than one small response works wonders you know.

Now to that horrible Machinima critique. How is this even on the front page? The singing and execution was terrible. Does that singer even sing in key? I mean there is literally thousands of movies over at warcraftmovies dot com that are better then this standing in the snow, unoriginal abomination of a so-called creation. I puked......twice

Increased honor gains is something I am glad to see. I still don't know if its a ninja nerf or not because I never really tracked how much honor was received before patch 6.0 compared to the hotfix. Anyone know or confirm? Also hunters, I hate you and your A murder of crows shit. Without a doubt the worst spell + animation in game. Blows my mind this mechanic was never scrapped or gutted . Okay I love you guys, Cheer out!

Hmm this concerns me: "Defeating Sartharion too quickly should no longer cause him to not drop a mount". What exactly is too quick? Less than one minute? Before calling the first drake? Could they at least be a bit more, you know specific?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blooddeity View Post
    Hmm this concerns me: "Defeating Sartharion too quickly should no longer cause him to not drop a mount". What exactly is too quick? Less than one minute? Before calling the first drake? Could they at least be a bit more, you know specific?
    Well the mountdrop is 100% change. So you will know when its too fast when youre not seeing mount. The solo is easy and fast so should be no big deal running it next week if it bugs.

That "parody"... wow! I thought wow machinima scene died with the lich king but im glad i was wrong!

well for one you need beat it under 1 min.. and using common sense.. within seconds i would guess since players are OP atm due to changes..

Quote Originally Posted by Noix View Post
    well for one you need beat it under 1 min.. and using common sense.. within seconds i would guess since players are OP atm due to changes..
    I just came back to wow after a hiatus basically since the end of cata. So this lockout i went to ol Sarth and 1 shot him on 10 man. I wanted to go 25 man for the next lock-out this wednesday. I guess i will just dance with him for 30-40 seconds and aim to kill him at 60 + 1 seconds just for good measure. First time I will pull a stopwatch on a boss kill XD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swyft View Post
    you need to calm down. the machinima was nowhere near that bad, talk about being overdramatic. also, its your fault for buying a mac, deal with it.
    No, i have a mac and i had no problems with it. That guy is just talking bs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Funny since I remember that bug was also in a blue post a couple of months back... So wasn't fixed?
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

It did split when Garrosh arrived.
    This man is terribly confused about Warlords lore.
    Last edited by SteveZombie; 2014-11-04 at 02:48 PM.

Nice machinima. Jaina is awesome.

"Defeating Sartharion too quickly should no longer cause him to not drop a mount."

Okay if that's an actually issue... I'm going to start killing all those who drop mounts a heck of a lot slower from now on, apart from Sartharion of course.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lore
    Do you have anything to say to someone like me who thinks the story and lore in AU draenor is lessened by the fact that it is AU?
    It's also just a super interesting and epic setting that adds a lot of history and clarity to Outland, orcs and draenei. (_DonAdams)
    For all we know our Arakkoa could have a completely different history then the ones on AU draenor, for example.
    My understanding is that the histories are the same up to the point where Garrosh arrives and begins mucking things up. (_DonAdams)
    They're not the same until then. Characters like Rulkan (who was long dead 35 years ago in our timeline) are alive on AU Draenor.
    I would say Rulkan is an exception, not the rule. (_DonAdams)
    So if you folks wanted to expand on the stories of say the Arakkoa then you should've made a timeline split when Garrosh arrived.
    It did split when Garrosh arrived. He's been there for at least several months before they open the portal to Azeroth. (_DonAdams)
    As for arakkoa, I wrote the WoD arakkoa lore and took care not to retcon. This is what they were before the first horde. (_DonAdams)
    lol ... I am not very interested in the lore, but arguing lore with the devs at this point it pretty futile isn't it? They are making it up as they go along, and the AU thing allows them to bend it to whatever they want to do ... it seems pointless to try and follow whats going on.

That Ele shaman buff makes me so happy, this will get us into raids purely based on the change to the Earthquake we all have and will lover forever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed lol!

Deleted
    So, the Nemesis: Manslayer now awards the title Gnomebane? I'm confused.

Quote Originally Posted by zrankfappa View Post
    lol ... I am not very interested in the lore, but arguing lore with the devs at this point it pretty futile isn't it? They are making it up as they go along, and the AU thing allows them to bend it to whatever they want to do ... it seems pointless to try and follow whats going on.
    It's always been made up as they go along, why pay attention ever?
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW