Deleted

Buy all the stuff! No seriously.. should you?

Assuming that gold as the main currency for everything is going to cause a hyper inflation, what would be the best investment? If everything scaled, mounts that go for 30k now will be worth 60k at least in a couple of months when the economy adapted. But what about MoP ores and stuff? Yes, in the future they will be worth more, since it becomes rarer, but garrisons will provide a hub that doesn't require you to level a profession in the first place. So where's the demand?

If people need to use more gold they will have less gold to spend... prices will go down, not up.

Not saying they will but rather that your reasoning is a little off. Blizzard can do a lot of things to adjust our economy.

personally i think it's a shift towards gold on the blizz store. be prepared for prices to go even higher
    somebody call for d doctor?

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like changing the currency from Justice to Gold was a major error since this will just increase the amount of Gold-Sellers and also increase the amount of people buying from them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bobo333 View Post
    personally i think it's a shift towards gold on the blizz store. be prepared for prices to go even higher
    I hiiiiiiiiiiiiighly doubt this.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Quote Originally Posted by madmanx View Post
    If people need to use more gold they will have less gold to spend... prices will go down, not up.

Not saying they will but rather that your reasoning is a little off. Blizzard can do a lot of things to adjust our economy.
    I don't think you know how economics and inflation work.

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    oh i hope it's not the case. but we're talking about an aging game with dwindling subs in a f2p + cash shop market.
    somebody call for d doctor?

Deleted
    oh i hope it's not the case. but we're talking about an aging game with dwindling subs in a f2p + cash shop market.
    The "dwindling subs" just upped by 780.000. Besides, subs are irrelevant, revenue is the important number, and WoW is generating more of that, than all the other players on the market combined. All market research shows, that subs would plummet if WoW would even go F2P. If it would be pay2win, the game is dead.

99% of the market you speak of, consists of games which on average have a profitable half-life of less than 10 months. 14 if it is a "AAA"-title, and then the revenue they DO generate, is mostly to day 1 sells of the game itself.

So excuse me if I don't buy into that scenario.

Gold already is (and has been) the main currency in game. The current state of (old) gear for gold will remain, but in WoD anything that would have been a JP or VP item is going to be bought with apexis crystals, not gold.
    Last edited by Gardensnake; 2014-11-04 at 03:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Rogan View Post
    You really are just a bag of skin and blood on a rock that's flying through the universe around a nuclear explosion.

Quote Originally Posted by Xs View Post
    I don't think you know how economics and inflation work.
    I suppose I don't either since it seems most logical to me that increasing the value of gold so that people are spending more money than they make, inflation should not increase? Especially when the gold is going to NPCs and being completely removed from the economy.

Now, if Blizzard has gone overboard with gold rewards and folks are making more than they spend, then I can see how inflation will happen.

And those dwindling subs are still higher than many mmos combined. Your point being? Seriously, people must be REALLY deep in denial if they think that 7.8 million translates to a game being in enough trouble to start throwing out safety hooks...

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    And those dwindling subs are still higher than many mmos combined. Your point being? Seriously, people must be REALLY deep in denial if they think that 7.8 million translates to a game being in enough trouble to start throwing out safety hooks...

Come on, wow will be cancelled a month after WOD ships.

Do not invest in crafting materials. People will be able to level their professions from 1 using only WoD materials. The demand for old materials will crash.

Gold has been super duper mega easy to make for the last couple of expansions, still most people are very poor somehow, so I'm not sure this new direction will change much.

I really hope that is not true.

I hope you're right but I thought the same about the boostable 90's lol.

People said the same thing about faction changes, race changes and paid level boosts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Exploitbat View Post
    Gold has been super duper mega easy to make for the last couple of expansions, still most people are very poor somehow, so I'm not sure this new direction will change much.
    True. But if gold becomes 10x easier to obtain, prices will increase accordingly.