Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    Not at all biased then.
    Not at all racist?

Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    Not at all racist?
    Listen I'm sure if Professor Smith from U of Ohio came out and said that America was a great force for peace he would say the same thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I would argue less wars but more tension
    I would agree with this.

There certainly has been tension in the past, like Wells mentioned, but I think perhaps it is more prevalent now due to nuclear and biological weapons.

Everyone and their mom have them. And that is terrifying. I'd rather face an army armed with rifles then even one biological or nuclear weapon.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    *fewer

Tension perhaps considering back then we just use to begin killing each other instead, although the past century has been pretty awful. I want to say there was more exploitation back then too, but I'm not sure that's true. Rather it's better masked.
    Well if we're talking centuries then yeah, but to me world peace means zero conflict something I see unlikely for a few more centuries, especially with Middle East and Eastern Europe still chest beating and Africa's immense instability

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    Not at all racist?
    No, END/

63 million died in WWII.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    This is nothing new. The "Hate America First" crowd's home is in academe.
    Oh, so what you're saying is that the intellectuals and well educated seem to share a common view that the American government is a warmongering abomination.
    But the less well-learned and dimwitted seem to think America is awesome and the Middle East are all terrorists?

WHO KNEW?!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    63 million died in WWII.
    And? o.O

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Such as?

10char
    Look at what he is claiming and has said in the past. From the article:
    "heavily infiltrated by white supremacists, neo-Nazis, and other hate groups."
    "Many of the same behaviors condemned by the Obama administration and used to justify its most recent campaign into Iraq and Syria are commonly perpetrated by U.S. troops and are ubiquitous in the broader American society"
    "blaming Israel for provoking Hamas into firing rockets into Israel so it could invade Gaza"

Those 3 things alone show he sympathizes with ISIS imo. Being a vet I have NEVER encountered any kind of hate group, Neo-Naziism, or white supremacists during my time serving. Yes, there have been instances of individuals that have done things such as rape or humiliate prisoners and have been harshly dealt with. We have never beheaded someone because they disagree with our ideology. ISIS as a whole does those things and celebrates doing them. His accusations are completely baseless and just shows his support of ISIS by claiming that ISIS is better then the U.S. IMO he should perhaps look into moving over there to be with them if he feels that way. As for his accusation that Israel "provoked" Hamas is just a line of BS. Hamas has never needed a reason to commit the atrocities that they carry out. It just goes to show that he supports the genocidal ideology that those groups uphold. Notice how fast the University that he works for came out saying they want nothing to do with his comments and that they don't want to be associated with them.

Quote Originally Posted by TwoNineMarine View Post
    I would agree with this.

There certainly has been tension in the past, like Wells mentioned, but I think perhaps it is more prevalent now due to nuclear and biological weapons.

Everyone and their mom have them. And that is terrifying. I'd rather face an army armed with rifles then even one biological or nuclear weapon.
    Really? Who are we in nuclear tensions with? We used to be afraid of nuclear war with the USSR, but that's passed. To say there's more tension now is a luxury afforded those who did not live through earlier times, that is all.

Once religion is gone there is a chance at world peace. Most countries are just wallflowers and stand idly by no matter what's happening around them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well if we're talking centuries then yeah, but to me world peace means zero conflict something I see unlikely for a few more centuries, especially with Middle East and Eastern Europe still chest beating and Africa's immense instability
    With Eastern Europe I imagine you mean Russia. Many Eastern European nations are trying to be more like the rest of Europe, rather than looking East. Unfortunately, Russia seems to think it still has a say what occurs in those countries. Africa is currently a hellhole but with the developing world comes all the problems we originally "beat" in our society, and now we must do it again. For example, slavery is still a big thing.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfyre27 View Post
    Look at what he is claiming and has said in the past. From the article:
    "heavily infiltrated by white supremacists, neo-Nazis, and other hate groups."
    "Many of the same behaviors condemned by the Obama administration and used to justify its most recent campaign into Iraq and Syria are commonly perpetrated by U.S. troops and are ubiquitous in the broader American society"
    "blaming Israel for provoking Hamas into firing rockets into Israel so it could invade Gaza"

Those 3 things alone show he sympathizes with ISIS imo. Being a vet I have NEVER encountered any kind of hate group, Neo-Naziism, or white supremacists during my time serving. Yes, there have been instances of individuals that have done things such as rape or humiliate prisoners and have been harshly dealt with. We have never beheaded someone because they disagree with our ideology. ISIS as a whole does those things and celebrates doing them. His accusations are completely baseless and just shows his support of ISIS by claiming that ISIS is better then the U.S. IMO he should perhaps look into moving over there to be with them if he feels that way. As for his accusation that Israel "provoked" Hamas is just a line of BS. Hamas has never needed a reason to commit the atrocities that they carry out. It just goes to show that he supports the genocidal ideology that those groups uphold. Notice how fast the University that he works for came out saying they want nothing to do with his comments and that they don't want to be associated with them.
    You're reaching badly. Criticizing the US is not the same as sympathizing with its enemies.

Doesn't matter what race or nationality the person making the comment is, it is nonsense propaganda.

Every society and organization, the US military included, has bad apples, but the immoral behavior being referenced is not condoned or standard operating procedure. Offenders are punished, which is what a society based on laws does.

IS-IS has as it's standard operating procedure rape, slavery, and mass murder.

There is a moral high ground here, the US Military and IS-IS are not on equal footing, and yes the US Military is residing on that high ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Marek View Post
    Doesn't matter what race or nationality the person making the comment is, it is nonsense propaganda.

Every society and organization, the US military included, has bad apples, but the immoral behavior being referenced is not condoned or standard operating procedure. Offenders are punished, which is what a society based on laws does.

IS-IS has as it's standard operating procedure rape, slavery, and mass murder.

There is a moral high ground here, the US Military and IS-IS are not on equal footing, and yes the US Military is residing on that high ground.
    His statement wasn't regarding the morality of the individuals in either group...He's just saying the US military is more a threat to world peace than a localized terrorist organization of limited means.

Deleted
    Really? Who are we in nuclear tensions with? We used to be afraid of nuclear war with the USSR, but that's passed. To say there's more tension now is a luxury afforded those who did not live through earlier times, that is all.
    Nobody is saying we haven't improved but it's certainly far from world peace... Perhaps in 200 years but then that's dependent on world resources then

Nobody is saying we haven't improved but it's certainly far from world peace... Perhaps in 200 years but then that's dependent on world resources then
    I;m just questioning the notion that things are "more tense".

Quote Originally Posted by slickwilly View Post
    Once religion is gone there is a chance at world peace. Most countries are just wallflowers and stand idly by no matter what's happening around them.
    You're incredibly naive and misguided if you actually believe that.

Deleted
    I;m just questioning the notion that things are "more tense".
    In certain areas tension is higher than 50yrs ago but that's just a naturally reoccurring thing that just keeps changing

Let's play spot the Professor who will never get a respectable position in education again.

Widespread systemic brutality is the same as isolated instances of individuals committing warcrimes?

Wow... that sure is something.