Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by CptEgo View Post
    You can't possibly postulate that religion is not the problem here? ISIS and just about all other terrorist organisations are clearly fighting for religious purposes, and for what they think is right according to their religion, wrong as they might be. Just like the christian crusaders in the middle ages, they are killing people in the name of their God.
    its funny that most of these groups are considered as a terrorist group only by the united state of america
    " In a Society like this table, a state of equilibrium, once one makes the first move, everyone must follow! In every era, this World has been operating by this napkin principle. And the one who ‘takes the napkin first’ must be someone who is respected by all. It’s not that anyone can fulfill this role… Those that are despotic or unworthy will be scorned. And those are the ‘losers"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by habitsbreaker View Post
    its funny that most of these groups are considered as a terrorist group only by the united state of america
    Like who exactly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

10+ Year Old Account
    And sometimes we work with/create them. The PKK comes to mind.

Here's a handy list of terrorist organizations recognized by the US.
    http://www.state.gov/j/ct/rls/other/des/123085.htm
    Last edited by WskyDK; 2014-11-06 at 05:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Mmhmm, right. Common sense. As a middle class, working, American trying to support a family, ISIS activities (or activities of any of those animals in the middle east) do not affect my freedom, prosperity, or safety. They hate us because we're over there. American foreign policy is the equivalent of fighting crime by traveling to another state across the country, entering the poorest, ghetto, gang-filled slum you can find, and start shooting up people/places/things.

Stay at HOME, buy an alarm system, get a watch dog, put up a fence, buy some guns and protect your HOME.

I blame republicans and democrats.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    Ehhh, I do think many issues would resolve, but something would take their place e.g. income inequality (and socioeconomic status)
    Those things would probably not cause genocide though. I remember an episode from Family Guy where Brian and Stewie visit a futuristic society with flying cars and spaceships. Brian asks where they are and Stewie answers "We are at the same place at the same point in time, but in this world, the dark ages never happened, so they are 1000 years ahead".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by twh View Post
    Mmhmm, right. Common sense. As a middle class, working, American trying to support a family, ISIS activities (or activities of any of those animals in the middle east) do not affect my freedom, prosperity, or safety. They hate us because we're over there. American foreign policy is the equivalent of fighting crime by traveling to another state across the country, entering the poorest, ghetto, gang-filled slum you can find, and start shooting up people/places/things.

Stay at HOME, buy an alarm system, get a watch dog, put up a fence, buy some guns and protect your HOME.

I blame republicans and democrats.
    Isolationism isn't the way to go. Encouraging and aiding foreign powers in handling the issues is.
    You can stare your your windows until you turn to dust, the US can't afford to isolate itself.
    Last edited by WskyDK; 2014-11-06 at 05:59 PM.

Deleted
    No shit.
    “The quickest way to end a war is to lose it.”
    -George Orwell

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CptEgo View Post
    Those things would probably not cause genocide though. I remember an episode from Family Guy where Brian and Stewie visit a futuristic society with flying cars and spaceships. Brian asks where they are and Stewie answers "We are at the same place at the same point in time, but in this world, the dark ages never happened, so they are 1000 years ahead".
    You're likely correct in regards to genocide. In my mind I'm picturing the water issues in Detroit. The poor couldn't afford to pay their utilities and had their water shut off. I get that they should have payed, but water is an essential aspect of human survival. People will kill over water.

Quote Originally Posted by Chitika View Post
    No shit.
    “The quickest way to end a war is to lose it.”
    -George Orwell
    Yeah but he was using idiom. He just meant "lose it" as in "lose your rag", go berzerk...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're likely correct in regards to genocide. In my mind I'm picturing the water issues in Detroit. The poor couldn't afford to pay their utilities and had their water shut off. I get that they should have payed, but water is an essential aspect of human survival. People will kill over water.
    Thats what most dystopian novels and movies depict, a society where people are fighting over basic resources and violent gangs rule. Nothing about religion in those stories :-D

So I take it you're a ISIS supporter?

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    Like who exactly?
    ok maybe that was an exaggeration, but in most cases in the US and some other country, like ASL ans jund alaqsa

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    So I take it you're a ISIS supporter?
    no, but i still think of them as a lesser evil of in some parts of the region than the other options
    " In a Society like this table, a state of equilibrium, once one makes the first move, everyone must follow! In every era, this World has been operating by this napkin principle. And the one who ‘takes the napkin first’ must be someone who is respected by all. It’s not that anyone can fulfill this role… Those that are despotic or unworthy will be scorned. And those are the ‘losers"

10+ Year Old Account
    ok maybe that was an exaggeration, but in most cases in the US and some other country, like ASL ans jund alaqsa

- - - Updated - - -

no, but i still think of them as a lesser evil of in some parts of the region than the other options
    Exactly who are they a lesser evil than? The ones who don't commit genocide?
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    Exactly who are they a lesser evil than? The ones who don't commit genocide?
    in the last 10 days he Iraqi army and the Shia militants killed more than 500 civilian in what we call bagdad belt, they kicked thousands of Sunni people out of their homes , so yes for the"Sunni people" in Iraq ISIS is a lesser evil that the Iraqi government and it's Shia army

- - - Updated - - -

http://m.hrw.org/news/2014/11/04/gangs-iraq
    You probably don't trust me so here is a source u might trust http://m.hrw.org/news/2014/11/04/gangs-iraq

10+ Year Old Account
    in the last 10 days he Iraqi army and the Shia militants killed more than 500 civilian in what we call bagdad belt, they kicked thousands of Sunni people out of their homes , so yes for the"Sunni people" in Iraq ISIS is a lesser evil that the Iraqi government and it's Shia army

- - - Updated - - -

http://m.hrw.org/news/2014/11/04/gangs-iraq
    You probably don't trust me so here is a source u might trust http://m.hrw.org/news/2014/11/04/gangs-iraq
    Oh I believe you, though I feel it should be noted that several hundred Shia have been killed by ISIS suicide bombers in the past few months. It's not like this came out of nowhere.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm sure when they are not beheading people, executing shia, and stomping christian babies to death they are knitting sweaters and participating in bake sales.

Deleted
    And hes still alive? If that was a Baghdad professor who had claimed that about ISIS (in Iraq), he'd be pushing up daisies right now. So guess whos the bigger threat..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyre View Post
    And hes still alive? If that was a Baghdad professor who had claimed that about ISIS (in Iraq), he'd be pushing up daisies right now. So guess whos the bigger threat..
    Exactly. The mere fact that he can say that without fearing for his life proves that he is wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    The military itself is a tool. Those in power who wield it, are the danger.
    A nice saying, but not really true at all. Nobody has a military that is purely a tool. The military is full of aggressive, ambitious, and intelligent people. It can make its own decisions, plot its own course.

Now, the US has a military that is very loyal to its government, but isn't infinitely loyal. This can be a good thing or a bad thing, depending on your perspective. Either way the US Military itself is extremely dangerous. Not saying you need to be scared, but sometimes it is good to recognize that very friendly bear can still tear you head off, and it is dangerous, no matter how friendly it is.

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    I'm sure when they are not beheading people, executing shia, and stomping christian babies to death they are knitting sweaters and participating in bake sales.
    did you really just say that? do you have any proof, however i have lots of vids and pics of slaughtered sunni babies , the shia slaughtered em with knives, if u wana the pics send me a private msg