Deleted

Release Night: How to get to Draenor

I was just wondering where and how players will be able to go to Draenor once the expansion goes live...

anybody with beta experience?

There is a large red portal in the blasted lands.

10+ Year Old Account
    You automatically get a quest once the expansion goes live. It will send you through the Dark Portal.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anoregon View Post
    There is a large red portal in the blasted lands.
    The red portal is nonfunctional in-game. You cannot go through it normally. You only go through it in a cutscene which happens as part of the Draenor quest line.

Also, once you hit 90 and get put into the phase of Blasted Lands that has the red portal, this also renders the Dark Portal in Outland nonfunctional for you (from that point forward you have to use the HFP portal in cities to get back to Outland). If you talk to a bronze dragon NPC in blasted lands, she will phase BL back to the old version for you, but I'm not sure if this reenables the portal on the Draenor side for you. I'll have to test that.

Deleted
    Do you get the breadcrumb only in cities like previous launches or does it pop up if you're, say, already in blasted lands?

Deleted
    so Khadgar spawns in Orgrimmar and Stormwind as soon as WoD launches - we talk to him and then we get teleported to Tanaan Jungle. Is that correct?

If yes, where does Khadgar spawn? A screenshot would be awesome!

- - - Updated - - -

GUYS! this is important! where will people be waiting the minutes before WoD goes live? In Orgrimmar/Stormwind? In front of the Dark Portal? Why is no one concerned about this?!

Quote Originally Posted by Rinnegan View Post
    so Khadgar spawns in Orgrimmar and Stormwind as soon as WoD launches - we talk to him and then we get teleported to Tanaan Jungle. Is that correct?

If yes, where does Khadgar spawn? A screenshot would be awesome!

- - - Updated - - -

GUYS! this is important! where will people be waiting the minutes before WoD goes live? In Orgrimmar/Stormwind? In front of the Dark Portal? Why is no one concerned about this?!
    On beta, Khadgar spawned infront of the warchief building in org, and in sw he spawned close to the AH.

You get the quest once it goes live, and it requires you to talk to Khadgar in Blasted Lands. There's a portal in the Drag that takes you there.

Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    The red portal is nonfunctional in-game. You cannot go through it normally. You only go through it in a cutscene which happens as part of the Draenor quest line.

Also, once you hit 90 and get put into the phase of Blasted Lands that has the red portal, this also renders the Dark Portal in Outland nonfunctional for you (from that point forward you have to use the HFP portal in cities to get back to Outland). If you talk to a bronze dragon NPC in blasted lands, she will phase BL back to the old version for you, but I'm not sure if this reenables the portal on the Draenor side for you. I'll have to test that.
    the big portal to outlands in blasted lands is non functional. even at 60. it goes no where.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Astro9866 View Post
    You get the quest once it goes live, and it requires you to talk to Khadgar in Blasted Lands. There's a portal in the Drag that takes you there.
    This. Khadgar spawning in Org/SW and teleporting you directly to Tanaan was a beta thing. They did it that way because they didn't have the Blasted Lands cinematic done yet. It will work a bit different on live.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Astro9866 View Post
    in the Drag? What is Drag?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinnegan View Post
    in the Drag? What is Drag?
    The Drag is an area in Orgrimmar (which is not correct anyway; the Blasted Lands portal is in the Cleft of Shadow).

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post

Interesting. So if the first time is via a quest and cutscene ... what about subsequent trips from Azeroth --> Draenor? How do players travel back and forth on an ongoing basis?

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    the big portal to outlands in blasted lands is non functional. even at 60. it goes no where.
    well i just used it yesterday when i had the bronze dragon phase back the zone so i guess you havent tried it

10+ Year Old Account
    As soon as WoD activates, you'll get a breadcrumb quest to speak to Khadgar in Blasted Lands. Simply log out Standing / Flying in the middle of the Dark Portal crater, as soon as you game loads, simply talk to Khadgar, and you'll be given the cinematic and be sent on your merry (or ill-fated) way.